Respected Contributor

It's over and it was good, no spoilers here. There is a follow up series called 1932 still following the Dalton family. Taylor Sheridan, the creator, has four more shows in the works for Paramount that look very good. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

It's over and it was good, no spoilers here. There is a follow up series called 1932 still following the Dalton family. Taylor Sheridan, the creator, has four more shows in the works for Paramount that look very good. 

I had not heard that. Wow, good to know. I might actually pay for Paramount +.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 

I just finished Season 4 of Yellowstone I had taped over one of those marathon weekends.

I saw lots of promos for 1883.

Is it only available on Streaming?

I don't have that.....

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Yes 1883 is only on streaming Parmount Plus,  I think you can get a month free and cancel.  All of season one for 1883 is now available.

Honored Contributor

I can't remember loving a series as much as I have "1883"!!  HeartHeart

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

This is absolutely the best series I have ever seen.  No holding back on the horrible situations the people encountered on their journey.  It held your interest the whole way.  I loved it!!  Recommend it highly.

Honored Contributor

It was incredibly good.  I love the series even though it was often too "fairytale like" in aspects. It was easy to look past those things.  The finale was the best episode of the series.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree I agree about the Fairy Tale aspect of it. For Elsa's age and considering that period of time, there were several things about her story that didn't seem believable.  In addition, I wanted to see a little more character development across the cast as a whole and not as much time spent on a single person's experiences.

Finale was very good.  I still like Yellowstone better. 

Respected Contributor

@GRANNY77 

@ID2  When my husband and I started watching this stopped after the second episode. We just did not like it. Reading here on the forum people were raving about it so we gave it a second chance. I don't like history or westerns but this sucked me right in, it is very gritty.  Taylor Sheridan can really tell a story. Can't wait to see how the Depression plays out with the Dalton family in 1932. Do watch Mayor of Kingstown? Excellent show, another Taylor Sheridan creation. Looking forward to all of his new upcoming shows. 

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed the series,  I wonder if it would have been different if they knew there would be a second season.   I think there were too many bad things happening,  they could have limited some of that,  I know they are trying to be realistic.  I only see an insteresting second season if they make the son older.  I thought Tim was good,  but I really liked the characters that are no longer there.  It will be interesting to see where season 2 will go.