Honored Contributor

Re: 14 Shows That Will Probably Get Cancelled

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

The only show on this list that I would be upset about being cancelled is The Blacklist. I watch Falling Water (I don't get it), Eyewitness(okay), Notorious and Conviction, and Pure Genius (not loving it). I mentioned before that once I start a new show, I'm in for the long haul, good or bad. The networks would be doing me a great service by cancelling them! As for Elementary I use to like it, but I don't really anymore. I think the ratings suffered because it moved to Sunday night on CBS, it's always football, golf, or college basketball that has this show coming on 10:30 or later. I don't know about you but I'm not staying up until 11:30 or midnight to see the whole episode.

Well, you have got me miffed. Why do you continue watching shows that are unappealing. Commitment is a good thing, in moderation.

Sorry you're miffed, but this is who I am!

Trusted Contributor

I gave up Blacklist and Elementary two seasons ago due to boredom.  The other shows I haven't tried to watch.  I mentioned to my husband how we don't have anything to watch most nights because we're not watching any of the new shows, but it sounds like it's just as well since so many of them are being cancelled.

FYI, I heard that Longmire on Netflix will be cancelled after the 2017 season.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Have not even seen most of them. And, what I have seen I can see why they will be gone soon. 

I really have no idea where the writers come up with this stuff - I think they just pull it out of a hat - they should of just left it in the hat .... my opinion anyhow ....

@CAMOGIRL

I agree---just watching the previews and bits and pieces of these shows was a turn off for me too.....and they are just a bore......Where have all the good writers gone.....

And why do they keep pushing this Marvel agent stuff over and over in various forms....Sgt Carter, Agents of Shield.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Have not even seen most of them. And, what I have seen I can see why they will be gone soon. 

I really have no idea where the writers come up with this stuff - I think they just pull it out of a hat - they should of just left it in the hat .... my opinion anyhow ....

@CAMOGIRL

I agree---just watching the previews and bits and pieces of these shows was a turn off for me too.....and they are just a bore......Where have all the good writers gone.....

And why do they keep pushing this Marvel agent stuff over and over in various forms....Sgt Carter, Agents of Shield.......

Yea, I agree @Spurt, enough with the comic books come to life stuff... Besides which, most of them aren't that great... Of course, I guess you've heard where viewership of the NFL is also way down this year, so I guess you better find yourself a few good books to read... You know, in case football gets the ax...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

The only show on this list that I would be upset about being cancelled is The Blacklist. I watch Falling Water (I don't get it), Eyewitness(okay), Notorious and Conviction, and Pure Genius (not loving it). I mentioned before that once I start a new show, I'm in for the long haul, good or bad. The networks would be doing me a great service by cancelling them! As for Elementary I use to like it, but I don't really anymore. I think the ratings suffered because it moved to Sunday night on CBS, it's always football, golf, or college basketball that has this show coming on 10:30 or later. I don't know about you but I'm not staying up until 11:30 or midnight to see the whole episode.

Well, you have got me miffed. Why do you continue watching shows that are unappealing. Commitment is a good thing, in moderation.

Sorry you're miffed, but this is who I am!

It's an each to their own kind of thing... but I don't get, (nor do I need to) continuing to watch shows I don't like just because they're still on...

On the other hand, I'm not miffed...

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

@CAMOGIRL

Yea, I agree @Spurt, enough with the comic books come to life stuff... Besides which, most of them aren't that great... Of course, I guess you've heard where viewership of the NFL is also way down this year, so I guess you better find yourself a few good books to read... You know, in case football gets the ax...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb

That's because the NFL matchups are lousy and they seem to be show casing the teams in the league that are losing and pitting them against one another...ZZZZ.  Thankfully the games this past Sunday were superb...I don't think the NFL will get the ax, after all baseball has survived....now that the Cubs won, their ratings will go back to where they were (the World Series couldn't compete with a good Sunday Night Football game).......And there's always the NBA and my Spurs Woman Wink And yes reading is a good option too....Woman Very Happy

BTW speaking of ratings down, no one watching....it seems La Marm was almost in tears apologizing for canceling decor and then begging people to purchase a key chain...it was a bit dramatic and pathetic...the Holiday thread has details....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well @Spurt, you know how little I can abide watching an NBA game, but I'd opt for that before I'd opt for La Marm... As for the NFL, I don't know. I haven't watched a game all year, but have heard the match ups have pretty much sucked. Add to that the time commitment you have to allow to watch a game these days and the dozens of commercials, along with the replays and time outs, and, for me anyway, it's no wonder the ratings are down...

Honored Contributor

The only one that I watch from this list is Notorious, and I rather like it. I hope the ratings will improve so that it may come back. I know it was only scheduled up until January 2017, as it was filling in the time slot of Scandal, which will be back then, but hopefully they can find another place for it.......

Honored Contributor

I watched The Black List part way through the first season and then stopped only because I just didn't have time to keep up with it.

I quit watching Quantico last season with about 4 episodes left.  DH stuck it through until the last episode then never watched the finale and didn't bother with it this year.  It just got too confusing.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well @Spurt, you know how little I can abide watching an NBA game, but I'd opt for that before I'd opt for La Marm... As for the NFL, I don't know. I haven't watched a game all year, but have heard the match ups have pretty much sucked. Add to that the time commitment you have to allow to watch a game these days and the dozens of commercials, along with the replays and time outs, and, for me anyway, it's no wonder the ratings are down...

@stevieb

Yes, In the NFL I have never seen so many penalty flags flying---it looks like yellow snow...And your right aboutthe commercials....not only the NFL but it seems every darn channel these days and every show.....an actual 30 minute show sans commercial probably lasts about 15 minutes in reality---it's gotten worse and worse and while some commercials in the past may have been a bit entertaining, they are now downright dull and boring and uninspiring, much like the shows.....(the only exception being the cute Subaru commercials with dogs (The Barkley Family) and cats (in various villian roles--i.e. stealing a parking spot away from a dog, and the reckless valet....LOL) .