Honored Contributor

Re: 14 Shows That Will Probably Get Cancelled

Are these all full hour dramatic shows?

There are a few sitcoms I'd love to see shown the door.

Smutty in a very bad way, and painfully unfunny.

Esteemed Contributor

The only show that I watch in the OP is The Blacklist.  I'm also not a fan of the new 10:00 p.m. time slot or saving Lizzie plots.  I actually just started watching it last year during Christmas break when we streamed every episode starting at season 1, episode 1. Before that, I tried to watch  with my husband but couldn't get into it or follow it.  This is a show that depends on background info, so it's difficult to attract new viewers. I do hope NBC gives it a season 5 just to see what they can do now that M. Boone's real life pregnancy has passed.

I agree that there are several sitcoms that should be on the chopping block. I've tried to watch the ones that immediately follow The Big Bang Theory, but don't see how in the world they got the green light to do those shows.  There are familiar faces but the writing/plot isn't very good IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

The Blacklist and Quantico became too hard to follow. Blacklist was also too gory.

Elementary was always boring for me.Very poor acting.

Frequent Contributor

I don't watch any of these listed shows, but  I'm anxiously waiting for Scandal to return on ABC.  I also just saw that "Nashville" will be returning to CMT in January.  So thrilled about that.  I didn't know what show I was going to watch in January since Downton Abbey ended last year.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to see Notorious on the list.  I really enjoy that show.  I like that they have several strong roles for women on the show. 

It's true that The Blacklist has gotten so boring with the Lizzie/baby overload. Except I was really interested in the Mr. Kaplan story line.  We need more of her and Dembe.

I still watch Elementary, but it has become stale.

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

Are these all full hour dramatic shows?

There are a few sitcoms I'd love to see shown the door.

Smutty in a very bad way, and painfully unfunny.

@violann

All of them are hour long dramas except:

~ Scream Queens is an hour but described as a comedy horror series.

~ Loosely Exactly Nicole is a half hour comedy. I had to look it up since I never even heard of it! 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The only show on this list that I would be upset about being cancelled is The Blacklist. I watch Falling Water (I don't get it), Eyewitness(okay), Notorious and Conviction, and Pure Genius (not loving it). I mentioned before that once I start a new show, I'm in for the long haul, good or bad. The networks would be doing me a great service by cancelling them! As for Elementary I use to like it, but I don't really anymore. I think the ratings suffered because it moved to Sunday night on CBS, it's always football, golf, or college basketball that has this show coming on 10:30 or later. I don't know about you but I'm not staying up until 11:30 or midnight to see the whole episode.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Funny. I have not watched a single episode of ANY of the shows on this list. I've never even heard of many of them.

@Goldengate8361

Me, neither ... not a single solitary one!   Cancel away!

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Funny. I have not watched a single episode of ANY of the shows on this list. I've never even heard of many of them.

---------------------

I saw the first episodes of Conviction and Falling Waters and never followed up again.  Never saw the other shows at all.  The plots all sounded so boring.  I do think there are many non-funny sitcoms that need to go too!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two shows I watch from the list are:

Rosewood-( Morris Chestnut is so easy on the eyes).  I like the science involved and the chemistry between Villa and Rosie is hot!)

Code Black- I enjoy this and agree that Rob Lowe is a great addition.  I think the new Boss (chief of staff?) is a buzz kill however!