Esteemed Contributor

Re: 11/15 BLACKLIST - SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Yes, many shows play fast and loose with absolute scientific accuracy ..... so what?

Just sayin'

Frequent Contributor

I missed a few shows....what was suppose to be in the suitcase? I wish the guy with the glasses had bitten the dust. Add me to the James Spader fan list too.

Honored Contributor

Meh. I would rather find out that Mr. Kaplan is still alive than find the writers pull a fast one and bring Tom back.

Wonder what the DNA results are all about?  Even Dembe told Red that he had to tell Liz "the truth".

Who is Liz Keen really?

Whose bones in the suitcase?  I don't think they belong to Liz's mother.  It has to be a storyline yet untold in Red's past.

Anothe big James Spader fan here, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Well I found out this morning that Tom really is dead . Ryan Eggold was a cohost with Hoda on the Today show .He talked about the show and how sad he was to leave the good friends he had made. So that is it. I was hoping that this was not the case.

And yes I do think it was strange that Elizabeth did not even ask for Agnes when she woke up as a matter of fact we hardly saw Agnes at all. I actually liked Tom more than I like Elizabeth. So he is off to other movies and things. He looked totally different on the show this morning,not the tough looking Tom that I remember.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Well I found out this morning that Tom really is dead . Ryan Eggold was a cohost with Hoda on the Today show .He talked about the show and how sad he was to leave the good friends he had made. So that is it. I was hoping that this was not the case.

And yes I do think it was strange that Elizabeth did not even ask for Agnes when she woke up as a matter of fact we hardly saw Agnes at all. I actually liked Tom more than I like Elizabeth. So he is off to other movies and things. He looked totally different on the show this morning,not the tough looking Tom that I remember.

@wakefield64

Hmm.   The woman is awake for 60 seconds, and people find it "strange" she didn't ask for her daughter?  Personally I find that a little strange.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@twocent wrote:

I keep hearing the song , "Sound of Silence " in my head.  That version was very haunting .

Here’s the cover song for Disturbed’s “SOUNDS OF SILENCE.” Used for the NASA clips of our beautiful planet.

”The Sounds (and Visions) of Silence.”

https://youtu.be/rgBKFEeXfww

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

That video was spectacular!  I have always loved this song by Simon & Garfunkel but when I heard this played during the Blacklist, OMG!  I was sitting there crying it was the most moving scene both for a TV show or a movie that I have seen in a very long time.  I did not know who the artist as and found out it was Disturbed.  I don't like heavy metal but  WOW did they do this song justice.  Amazing!  I DVR everything and always keep the last show to replay when it returns to refresh my memory but both me and my DH are going to watch this episode again tomorrow.  I felt it was so heartbreaking how it ended and am sorry to see that the character of Tom died, I really liked him and Liz together.  Jim Spader is the best!

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority because I didn't care for Tom after the first season.

I liked the story line the first season.  I thought the two of them were good together.  However, after that he got on my nerves.  It seemed like he was always getting in James Spader's way, like a thorn in his shoe!

I didn't think he served a purpose after the middle of the second season.  I'm not sorry to see him bite the bullet.

They tried a spinoff and I could be wrong but I don't think it took off.  I barely remember it.!

Trusted Contributor

It serves Redington's purpose to have Tom die because he was going to tell Liz "the secret."  I think next year's finale will be Liz finding out what the secret is and it will be the cliffhanger for another season.  At some point Liz and Red will part ways I think, because the secret was just too damaging to her pscyhe.  Possible secrets: Red is not really her father. The DNA from the bones in the suitcase was her mother's or her real father. You know it has to be something really shocking.  If Tom's death was faked, that will be an unforgivable act for Liz.  

Honored Contributor

I understand what some say about the 'fast and lose' with scientific facts.  Good grief!  Ever watch a soap?  People die and come back to life all of the time!

I watched a show once where a group of lawyers and judges discussed why this is a problem more often than we (regular people) think.

They said jurors often think things like DNA, face identification, etc are more advanced than they are.  They blamed it on shows like CSI and a lot of these police shows, etc.  

They were also saying how in this country we've always prided ourselves on "innocent until proven guilty" and they feel the country is turning toward "guilty until proven innocent".

Keep in mind this show was at least.....at least 2 years ago!

I have been a juror 2 times and my late husband 2 times.  I have friends who've been jurors.  We've talked about how some people will come up with some of the most surprising things they expected to hear from both sides.  We (like these people on the TV show) figure it's because of shows on TV.

An example (well sort of) is on General Hospital it's about identical twins.  They both have the same DNA.  I read where it's true identical twins can have the same DNA but it is possible to prove which is which twin becase now they can delve further into DNA and separate them.

Interesting:  Go here:https://www.wired.com/2014/12/genetic-test-distinguishes-identical-twins-may-used-court-first-time/