Respected Contributor

Re: 11/15 BLACKLIST - SPOILERS

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

ITA .... and am hoping Tom isn't really dead.   bummer Woman Very Happy

(Actually, I'm not sure Mr Kaplan is really dead, either, lol.)

Can someone please tell me what Liz's injury was that she was in a coma for 10 months?    Was she shot?   Head injury?  Anyone notice what took her down?

@Tinkrbl44

I was also surprised she was out of it for 10 months. She was punched in the face and hit her head hard when she fell -  when she lifted her head her hair was matted with blood.  Maybe they'll give us more details when it comes back. 

I'm still hoping Tom isn't dead.Woman Very Happy

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I was reading an article on Entertainment Weekly's website, Tom does seem to definitely be dead. Luckily Ryan is into another project, doing a movie with Spike Lee.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was reading an article on Entertainment Weekly's website, Tom does seem to definitely be dead. Luckily Ryan is into another project, doing a movie with Spike Lee.

So he might not be dead...dead.  

Honored Contributor

Ten months in a coma and she can move her arms and has enough fine motor control to be able to write immediately after awakening? Okay, sure. The writers got a bit lazy this week. Red's got the FBI at his beck and call, but never calls for their help? Tom opts to meet Elizabeth at their house? Sure, it's not like anyone would look for them there. Tom's supposedly a trained operative and with half the world looking for him and he goes home?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Ten months in a coma and she can move her arms and has enough fine motor control to be able to write immediately after awakening? Okay, sure. The writers got a bit lazy this week. Red's got the FBI at his beck and call, but never calls for their help? Tom opts to meet Elizabeth at their house? Sure, it's not like anyone would look for them there. Tom's supposedly a trained operative and with half the world looking for him and he goes home?

It's called fiction.

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked the Blacklist this season. It went back to the original premise of the show. I will miss Tom but I am certain the writers have exp!ored other venues.

I can't wait until January 3rd. James Spader never disappoints. I have always been a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually don't post on this forum, but wanted to say that I didn't like the ending. Tom was an interesting character and I liked watching his relationship with Red and Liz. I'll still watch the new season, but wonder where the show will go from here. 

Parts of it were far fetched, but that doesn't bother me. I expect some artistic license in TV shows. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I agree.  Seems they rushed it and got sloppy.

Esteemed Contributor

I was amazed that within a few seconds of waking up, she was able to ascertain that she was in a hospital and had been in a coma. Her handwriting was pretty good, too.

She didn't ask to see Agnes. Nice

I doubt Tom and Kaplan are really dead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daisy wrote:

I was amazed that within a few seconds of waking up, she was able to ascertain that she was in a hospital and had been in a coma. Her handwriting was pretty good, too.

She didn't ask to see Agnes. Nice

I doubt Tom and Kaplan are really dead.

@Daisy Sunflower  @gardenman

Hmm.   I thought it was a private home, and, again, you need to exercise a "suspension of disbelief".  This isn't a true story ....  and it's not a documentary.   There might have been other scenes that brought things together, but were edited out .....  left on the cutting room floor due to lack of time.

People in comas are sometimes put through physical therapy on a regular basis so their muscles don't atrophy and getting back to normal isn't a horrendous undertaking.    

Yes, many shows play fast and loose with absolute scientific accuracy ..... so what?