Honored Contributor

11/01/2023 Big Brother 25 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And Cirie's last full day in the BB 25 madhouse begins. Yesterday we saw the houseguests get Halloween costumes and a Halloween party, but no trick-or-treaters. They all got pumpkins to carve.

Matt, Jag, and Bowie continued to assure Cirie she was safe and staying in the house. She's not. She can't wait for the finale to tell everyone that she and Jared are mother and son. (Will Blue have already told the jury?)

Jag and Bowie still seem intent on knifing Matt in the back this coming week, so he could be heading to the jury on Sunday. (Well, a nearby hotel instead of the jury house since he's evicted so late. Cirie might also go to a hotel rather than the jury house.)  Everyone's a bit nervous about their chances of beating Matt. Felicia may get dragged to the final two as it's hard to imagine Bowie thinking she could beat Jag and Jag has to be at least somewhat worried about beating Bowie. Both should feel fairly confident they could beat Felicia. She could be the safest hamster left in the old BB 25 habitat.

Nothing much should happen today. The typical waffle Wednesday is on hold with Cirie, the waffle Wednesday instigator on the block. She thinks she's safe, so why try to change the vote? It should be another quiet day with the two groups going their separate ways and complaining nonstop about the other group.

The pace of things quickens now. We lose Cirie on Thursday, another hamster on Sunday, then the show ends next Thursday. Someone will win and we should get some clue as to whether there will be a winter version of BB or if everything goes on hold until next summer. A winter season should do well in the ratings as there's limited competition. Going head-to-head with the NFL on Thursdays and Sundays this fall wasn't helping the ratings any. With the NFL over in February and limited other competition for viewers' eyes, a winter season should do well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: 11/01/2023 Big Brother 25 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Felicia and Cirie looked so cute in their costumes!  I loved the purple wig.  I'll miss those two together on the feeds.  Always made me laugh,

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman said:  The pace of things quickens now. We lose Cirie on Thursday, another hamster on Sunday, then the show ends next Thursday.

👍 👍 👍

Too bad BB can't find a cast that never even heard of Big Brother, lose the gimmicks and ridiculous twists and return to basics.

It is one thing to refresh a concept, it is another to turn it into a farce.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp 

Yeah, they went too far into farce land this year with the farting episode and other childish stunts. It's a good concept for a show, but they've largely lost their way in later seasons. Going back to the basics would be nice.

Too many of the comps favored the guys this year. The guys dominated the season, first with Hisam, then Jared, Cameron, and now Jag. Reilly won the first HOH and then Felicia won a random one, but for most of the year, it was always the guys in charge.

Putting Cirie in with her son (Jared), biggest fan (Izzy,) another Survivor-related player (Cory,) and then making her safe the first week tilted the game in her favor quite a bit. Jared ended up being a hindrance more than a help, but he was intended to help her. Nearly a quarter of the initial cast was pro-Cirie when everyone else was on their own.

Blue was just a mess of a casting choice. Giving Luke the boot early for using the "n" word casually (not hostilely) would have been fair if they'd also used that same "zero tolerance" policy with Kirsten and Jared who both also used the word in the same manner. Red's hillbilly act was just an act, and he was cast as a cartoon character. Bowie has no real game sense or obvious strategic thought. Getting rid of America instead of one of the guys who was a much bigger threat was a bit dumb on Bowie's part.

Not the best season, not the worst season. It's not one I'll likely rewatch at any point. Many of the shows this year were just cringe-worthy as they apparently targeted the preteen juvenile market. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

If this would have been a half way normal season, Jag would have been out long ago.  It certainly favored the men with all of the competitions.  I am really disappointed with the Jag, Matt, & Bowie trio.  They got pretty nasty toward the end when they realized they were winning.  I don't have a favorite player that I would vote for at this point.   Longing for just the normal basic seasons they used to have with just a few surprises interspersed into it.  

Honored Contributor

Jag was voted out weeks ago, but Matt won the fan vote and comp over Cory and Cirie and saved Jag. It was a unanimous vote to evict Jag, but he's still there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!