Respected Contributor

I agree with the majority of posts here.  

What I am tiring of is the language both sisters use including the "B" word they call one another and both of them do it.

And the language that is bleeped out is becoming overwhelming for me. It's just not necessary IMO.  I do notice; however, that the brother (I think his name is Chris and his wife) don't use that type of language.  I really like him and hope he does well.

Tammy should be, IMO, much more grateful to her family for all the help they have given her.  

Esteemed Contributor

I read a story about Amy on my phone this morning.  She is legally blind from birth and says she will be totally blind by the time she is 35....

I think it was on Screen Rant.....Also says she was "horrified" when she saw how bad the place looked and very embarrassed....  That was really an eye opener.  (no pun intended).....I hope they can get their acts together and live as a normal family.  Oh, I also read that she is worth 5 million dollars????  What????  I don't get that.  She can afford her own home and a live-in maid with that money.  I wonder where the media gets those figures....

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie Amy did mention that she is legally blind so that's why she doesn't drive.

Valued Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Does Amy's husband, Michael, have a job?  He always seems to be hanging around the house.  Neither one of them seems to do much, it seems like with the 2 of them, it shouldn't be that big a deal to pick up & clean the house/

Yeah, you would think! All the clutter could be picked up and dirty dishes washed in a couple of hours. Now, the rest of the cleaning might take awhile.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

I don't see Tammy being a success story. I think she will be dead within another year.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I don't see Tammy being a success story. I think she will be dead within another year.

When I do watch I keep hoping that Tammy has changed her mind set. But after her leaving the rehab place with the controlled diet, it doesn't look like it. I have to agree with you @Sapphiregal.

And I can't help but look at Tammy's forehead. There is quite a fat deposit. Once in awhile you can see it when the camera catches her from the side.

I think of Dr. Now saying to his patients that the body has to find places to store the fat. I keep wondering if it impairs her vision.

Tammy is doing what she wants. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. What's His Name is way too easy on Tammy, Amy and the brother. If you weigh 600 lbs. and can't lose 30 lbs. in a couple of months, weight loss surgery isn't going to help them. 

If they're not serious about weight loss before they die, the doctor should not keep putting up with them. 

Honored Contributor

I think Tammy has given up or at least she acts like it. Even some of the people that have lost weight on Dr. Now's show die within several years or so. I guess their body was so abused it can't make it.

Honored Contributor

It's a shame that she just wants to go on ahead and kill herself.  They should just leave her to that because it seems like everybody around her has tried, six ways to Sunday, to get her to help herself to no avail.

The reason I find myself so disgusted by her is that she treats them all like garbage, even though they go way beyond trying to help her.  Maybe if they all backed off, she would see how much is done for her and she could learn to treat others better.  Well, I doubt it but it's a thought.  Smiley Wink

I don't watch this show, but have watched enough of it to see what's going on and how Tammy acts and how she treats others.  It's nauseating, to say the least.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Dr. What's His Name is way too easy on Tammy, Amy and the brother. If you weigh 600 lbs. and can't lose 30 lbs. in a couple of months, weight loss surgery isn't going to help them. 

If they're not serious about weight loss before they die, the doctor should not keep putting up with them. 

The average bariatric surgeon does not practice medicine like Younan Nowzaradan, on his highly scripted tv show. And, it is not a matter of being "too easy" on patients. If you really believe that someone who weighs over 600 lbs. wants to live that way, you know very little about severe eating disorders. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky