Respected Contributor

Does Amy's husband, Michael, have a job?  He always seems to be hanging around the house.  Neither one of them seems to do much, it seems like with the 2 of them, it shouldn't be that big a deal to pick up & clean the house/

Esteemed Contributor

I was really surprised to see Amy's place so filthy.  I wonder what they live on.  It doesn't seem that her husband works.  That baby is adorable but if CPS sees that show, they are going to be in some trouble.  That was really bad.

To say that they will disturb the baby if they clean up????  I'll bet they don't have room for his crib in the bedroom because there's too much of a mess in there too.  Granted, it's a small place, but all the more reason to keep it up.   Those dishes in the sink????  That pot with chili in it and her saying, "I don't even remember when we had the chili???"  Wow - that was very bad.

I hope she straightens up and keeps the place clean.  Instead of those two "organizers", they should have a cleaning person come in.....    JMO

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Does Amy's husband, Michael, have a job?  He always seems to be hanging around the house.  Neither one of them seems to do much, it seems like with the 2 of them, it shouldn't be that big a deal to pick up & clean the house/

He was a mill operator. I'm not quite sure what that is but read about it last year. I'm also wondering if he's working as he's always around the house now.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 I hope Amy and MICHAEL keep the house clean.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@colliemom4 I hope Amy and MICHAEL keep the house clean.

@Love my grandkids  I agree and I'm still hoping they move. I wonder if TLC keeps them next to Tammy because it's part of their storyline?

Respected Contributor

I wonder what Amy's house must smell like with dead rodents in the kitchen cabinets? 

I'm dealing with an issue of rodents getting into my attic after my AC service guy found some droppings up there, since the furnace & the AC chiller coil & drain pan is up there.  They're in the process of trapping packrats, kangaroo rats & field mice both up in my attic & outside.  They have 3 traps in the attic & 10 outside in my yard & come every 2-3 days to check the traps & empty & reset if necessary & on Mon, Tues & Wed. of next week, they'll be installing metal louvered soffit vent covers on the 225 soffit vents on my house & sealing up any possible points of entry.   Some of the vents the rodents have pushed thru the bottom of the mesh stuff that the builder put in when the house was built, to gain entry to my attic.  Anyway, they caught a rat in one of the traps in the attic last week & I was standing on the floor below the hatch into my attic looking up while the tech stood on a ladder & emptied the trap into a bucket with a lid & I was about 8-9 feet away & Gosh, it stunk!  I can't imagine what it would smell like inside of your kitchen cabinets having dead rodents laying in there! 

PS:  One of the traps outside had a live rattlesnake in it this past Monday!  Like to scared the crud out of the tech!  He said it starled him when he went to touch the box & heard the rattle!  I saw him running around to the front yard with the trap box, held out in front of him on the end of his stick, where he dumped it out on the sidewalk so the trap part was free & then, he held the snake's head down with the stick so it couldn't strike him & got the snap trap off of its tail & flung it over into the desert, where it slithered off.  Not sure if it can survive after having its back end caught in a snap trap like that, but it least it was free.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1000 pound sisters

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie @daisy4 @Love my grandkids  I agree the baby is adorable and happy.  This family does their best to support one another (with the exception of Tammy).  Amy's dream was to raise a child.  Michael appears to be a supportive and loving husband. and they are loving parents.

Yes, I agree the house is a mess.  This family had a rough upbringing. Amy wants to do better  for her child and she realized that her home needed cleaning.  She called for help in order to create a better environment for her family.  She exposed herself by doing this and was visibly upset by the condition.  This will be a life-altering event for her.  

Sometimes when we face our demons, we realize the situation is dire....but until we face them, we can't resolve them.  Kudos to Amy for recognizing there is a problem and she needed to do something about it.  This was not easy, but she wants her child to have a better life than she had.  It was a brave action for her and will improve the life of her family.  I respect her for taking this step.

I also hope they move as this family is working to improve their life and the move would support their efforts.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 

You brought up a good point. We had one dead field mouse in our garage. You could not walk into our garage and not notice the stink. We found the dead mouse and it got rid of the stink.

I am glad I did not see the show. 

Honored Contributor

As gross as it sounds, if you leave dead rodents long enough they dehydrate and no longer smell.  If the dead animals were in a hoarding situation, I can imagine there were numerous other smells that could have hidden that.

@aubnwa01   If you're in the desert, I would think your pest control would be on the lookout for possible rattlesnakes in the traps.  Snakes follow their food source, and rodents are one of their very favorites.

Not something I'd like to have in my house, but I guess it's better in a trap than loose!

Honored Contributor

Re: 1000 pound sisters

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd I agree with everything you said. I likely sounded a bit harsh but it's because I like Amy and Michael and want them to do better than the upbringing Amy and Tammy had.

I agree that they are very loving parents and it was painful to see Amy's pain but she had the guts to expose herself and I give her kudos for that.

I still wish they'd move away from that toxic sister.