Contributor

that baby is so cute!!!!!!!

It's amazing how one sister got it together and the other one not at all.....................

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Honored Contributor

Re: 1000 pound sisters

[ Edited ]

I think the one sister who "got it together" is doing great.  She is a wonderful mom and she is working hard to improve her life for her family.  Tammy needs a wake=up call or she will not make it much longer on this planet.  Hopefully, we will see that transition.  Too bad she left rehab, maybe the therapy will be helpful....they had a rough upbringing. Really beautiful to see how the family has rallied throughout the years to help Tammy.  Unfortunately, it is up to her....when she realizes it is totally her choice, she might evolve out of her limited thinking.  There is much love in this family.

Respected Contributor

I think Tammy is right where she wants to be because it's the easy way out. She has had so much help and pretends to embrace it and then when it gets hard, she quits.

I hope her brother and sister don't let her "needs" ruin their families. With spouses and children of their own, Tammy shouldn't come first.

Super Contributor

I have not watched every episode, but I come away from the recent ones I have watched thinking two things. First, Amy's husband is a very patient and loving husband to her and a good father to their baby who by the way is the cutest little guy.  Second, Amy and Tammy's brother is trying his best to keep the family together and things moving forward. I hope he can lose the weight he needs to. Tammy should have stayed longer at the food addiction rehab facility, but I'm actually surprised she held out for as long as she did. I hope the new home health nurse works out. She is a very kind person and I hope Tammy doesn't run her off. If something does happen where Amy moves away from next door, I could see Tammy setting her sights on her niece as her next family member care giver. 

Honored Contributor

Didn't Tammy's doctor say something about her going to a counselor? I know it's helped a lot of people on My 600 lb Life. I'm also wondering if the nurse quits due to what she says on the preview about not hurting herself and not doing it. I assume she means the job but it may mean something else.

Honored Contributor

I've watched Amy and Tammy from Day 1. I love Chris, their brother, and I  really think he will lose the weight before surgery that the doc told him to do. He is very motivated.

Tammy IMO is doomed to fail. She gained weight, she refuses to excercise and Tisa, the home health aid, is NOT making Tammy do things around the house as she is supposed to be doing. I don't think Tisa is doing much of a good job.

I agree that Michael, Amy's husband, is a very nice guy but he needs to lose some weight and Amy needs to get back with the program. She seems to have stalled and doesn't appear to be making any progress.

IMO Tammy will stay with this latest guy Steve and I agree with Chris, that Steve is likely a "feeder". He posted he wouldn't be with any woman who weighed under 300 pounds.

And Amy admitted she is giving Tammy "cheat food" to shut her up. So she has some responsibility in this too.

I was hoping Amy and Chris would move but she said they won't be doing that for awhile.

Honored Contributor

The nurse acts afraid of Tammy. What can anyone really do with her unless she wants the help? Amy is a good sister to her but I do wish that they would have moved to that nice place they looked at. I like Chris a lot too.

Regular Contributor

From what I read online Tammy had to go back to the hospital near the end of November.  From the pictures she now has a trach tube in her throat for breathing.  I have no idea if she is still there but the clock is ticking.

Honored Contributor

I want Amy to put her foot down and Michael, too and just leave. Just move. Raise your family and have a good life. Tammy treats Amy like dirt and I really think Tammy is on the downhilll slide. And she'll have no one to blame but herself.

Respected Contributor

Wouldn't be surprised if Tammy is near death and is waiting for it to happen, just to get away from her problems.

I have to conclude that an existence like hers is very painful and tiring, and maybe that's a reason to check out of life altogether, and to alienate all the people who keep trying to help.