Trusted Contributor

I have watched this show with the hopes that Tammy will get it together and actually try to lose weight.  until she deals with her issues as to why she eats so much (which will never happen because she refuses to talk to a therapist) she will continue to go downhill and has to be hospitalized again, against her will.

The upcoming previews with Tammy drinking with a group of people has me wondering how much of this show is scripted. Why would they allow a film crew to be there if this is real?

I guess we will find out what is going on at a later date.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@05gage25 wrote:

I'm sorry, but Tammy has to want to help herself and I don't see that happening. If she doesnt want it you cant force her. Her family needs to stop giving in to her. Let her get mad....she stays that way all the time anyway. I'm anxious to see how's she's going to cope when Amy moves. She's commented many times that she doesn't need them to help her, so let her do it herself! Her hygiene has to be horrid, too. I had a friend who's wife was horribly obese and before they would admit her to the hospital, they would have to scrub her down! Heartbreaking.

On the 600# show, Dr. Now will just come right out and tell them. I can only imagine how much she smells. She shouldn't b/c she now has a health aide coming in who should make her bathe! 

Just because someone is very obese doesn't mean they stink.  Underweight people can stink as well.  No one knows her hygienic habits.  The cameras are not in her bathroom.

Respected Contributor

I'm always amazed when they show Amy sitting in a chair speaking to the camera & she has one leg crossed over the other & up near her belly , like half of a Lotus yoga pose.  I couldn't sit like that if my life depended on it & I'm no where near as heavy as she is. (though I am a lot older than she is, which may be part of it !)

Trusted Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I'm always amazed when they show Amy sitting in a chair speaking to the camera & she has one leg crossed over the other & up near her belly , like half of a Lotus yoga pose.  I couldn't sit like that if my life depended on it & I'm no where near as heavy as she is. (though I am a lot older than she is, which may be part of it !)

@aubnwa01 

Yes, I think it is an age thing! 😁😁 Amy is the youngest of the bunch, so she is in her early thirties.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

I just read a long article claiming Tammy's been being dishonest about many things. I read that the guy she supposedly went to the cops about harassing her was actually someone she hired to do TikTok videos and online content with her.

The entire time he was there he was with his wife. So he and Tammy had no relationship and his wife says Tammy never called the cops on him but instead they were the ones that had to call the cops on her. They even moved due to her continual harassment.

Tammy also said she just left the rehab she was supposed to be losing weight in because they allowed her to do so, but now from what I'm understanding she was kicked out due to uncooperative and abusive behavior towards the staff.

Honored Contributor

No one mentioned that Tammy is in the hospital again....and Congratulations to Amy.  She is expecting her second baby in July.  

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I just read a long article claiming Tammy's been being dishonest about many things. I read that the guy she supposedly went to the cops about harassing her was actually someone she hired to do TikTok videos and online content with her.

The entire time he was there he was with his wife. So he and Tammy had no relationship and his wife says Tammy never called the cops on him but instead they were the ones that had to call the cops on her. They even moved due to her continual harassment.

Tammy also said she just left the rehab she was supposed to be losing weight in because they allowed her to do so, but now from what I'm understanding she was kicked out due to uncooperative and abusive behavior towards the staff.

@colliemom4 , your post does not surprise me.  In the last few weeks, I had a feeling she was doing alot of lying.  

When I first started watching, I was hopeful and rooting for her; now, I have no hope especially with the way she has been acting/talking.  She has a potty mouth (and of course some other family members do as well).  It seems most of the show has many "bleeps" in it for all of the cussing/swearing which is now becoming very old.

Whatever TLC is paying all of them, it must be a nice "gravy train" to be on.  It'll be interesting to see what happens once Amy and family move as it looks like she's on an even bigger downward spiral.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

Re: 1000 pound sisters

[ Edited ]

I saw most of last night's episode, but fell asleep for the last 15 minutes or so.🤣🤣

I felt very sorry for Tammy in the past, and was really hoping she would make some changes and regain her health.  But she is such a mean spirited and vile person.   I do not know if this is scripted, and she is just acting, or if this is the real Tammy.

I get the feeling that doing this show may be keeping her from doing anything to better herself or her condition.  It is just exploiting her bad behavior. 😩😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote

I get the feeling that doing this show may be keeping her from doing anything to better herself or her condition.  It is just exploiting her bad behavior. 😩😩

This show has given her many opportunities, that she never had. Medical care, mental health and fitness help and she squandered them all. She is in constant self-destruct mode. TLC has paid her and she doesn't appear to have used it to improve her living conditions, either. I feel sorry for the sibs, as i think they have tried everything.