Respected Contributor

After the last episode while on vacation, I'm hoping they don't include the sister named Amanda anymore.  

And I'm drowning in the word "b*tches" along with the cursing and using the Lord's name in vain.

Tammy is a very thankless person IMO after all of the help her siblings have given her.  She's mean, vindictive and I'm just plain tired of her mouth.

Amy's husband (I think his name is Michael) is one very patient person and seems very supportive; however, he always seems to be the chosen one to do the "krap" work.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry, but Tammy has to want to help herself and I don't see that happening. If she doesnt want it you cant force her. Her family needs to stop giving in to her. Let her get mad....she stays that way all the time anyway. I'm anxious to see how's she's going to cope when Amy moves. She's commented many times that she doesn't need them to help her, so let her do it herself! Her hygiene has to be horrid, too. I had a friend who's wife was horribly obese and before they would admit her to the hospital, they would have to scrub her down! Heartbreaking.

Esteemed Contributor

They are all gross in many ways.

Honored Contributor

Now Tammy is blaming the viewers for her weight problems. She claims viewers aren't supportive enough and should stick with her no matter what.

Honored Contributor

Tammy is rude and mean and she doesn't appreciate anything anyone does for her.

Her family bends over backward for her.

She should be thankful she is not related to me.  I would let her fat azz sit right where she parked herself.  She pushes everyone away and then gets mad that no one helps her. She is extremely entitled.

Her health is going down hill at an excessive speed.  If she  doesn't make changes and help herself, she isn't going to be in this world for much longer.  It is difficult to believe she is only 35 years old.  She needs some tough love.

Respected Contributor

Re: 1000 pound sisters

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

you wrote <<She should be thankful she is not related to me.  I would let her fat azz sit right where she parked herself.  She pushes everyone away and then gets mad that no one helps her.>>

LOL! 

She's lucky she hasn't had to deal with me, either. 

Whining, complaining, bitching at everyone else means she has more psycho problems than any other human should have to deal with.

I definitely would not. 

Just don't have the patience, and I'm not out to prove I'm a saint--certainly not  HER saint.

She claims she doesn't need help, so respect  her spoken wishes and don't give her any.  Her  instructions and the consequences belong to her, not anyone else after so long  trying to cater to her.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1000 pound sisters

[ Edited ]

@novamc1   Did you see Tammy's face when Amy said the offer she and her DH made on a house was accepted and she was going to move?  She asked if Tammy was going to be okay and she said " I don't know."

I guess if she is alone, she will have to learn to use the electric wheel chair she was upset about.  Can you imagine how difficult it is to push her in a manual wheel chair?  I couldn't beleive she thought her family owed it to her to push the chair and take care of her.

I hope this show is staged.  If not, Tammy needs to be in rehab for many reasons.

Respected Contributor

some of the last comments, made on the show, maybe next week previews, the family said if she doesn't get her act together, she could end up a ward of the state. It's a sad bottom line, but that might be the only way left for her. The sibs, except Amy, will walk away. Amy might just cave but it would be a mistake. I sure hope amy's new home doesn't have a room for her. Tough love is the only way to save tammy's life.

Valued Contributor

First let me say that my family is certainly not skinny minnies; Far from it but this faimily needs some serious weight loss therapy.  I would be ashamed to go out if I weighed what Tammy weighs. I myself am diabetic but it was due to a blood infection that affected my pancreas but since it runs in my family in later years I have warned my kids. Alas no one listens. In my opinion Tammy is gross in personality and weight. But then I am fairly new to this show so did not see earlier episodes. My friend asked why I watch I said curosity like following an ambulance or something of that nature. I am amazed she has lived this long. Her sister and brother don't seem to be losing pounds either. Sad family situation

Honored Contributor

@allaries   At least three of Tammy's siblings have had gastric weight loss surgery and they, all 5 of them, are over weight.

Their father left when they were young and their mother worked three jobs and wasn't home much.  Mom grew up dirt poor too.

Poor people eat cheap carbs and whatever they can so they don't go hungry.  All the siblings were made fun of at school, were dirty and grew up with their mother and grandmother who were hoarders.

When families are this poor and disfunctional for generations, it is difficult for them to break away from their way of life.  All of them seem to be trying for a better life, but Tammy.

Unfortunally, there are many people living like this in the US which is very sad.