Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Yes.... let them burn up a big bunch of calories having themselves a giant hissy fit because they are "starving" and their enabler won't bring them their "dope". All these people seem to have bullied others into feeding their addiction. Dr. Now should order more mental health sessions for the patients AND the caregivers.

I agree with you.

But I wonder if he does and we don't know about it. I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes that doesn't get shown.

@GoneButNotForgotten   I agree also... There is so much we don't see.  Dr. Now just doesn't talk to them at first for 10 minutes, give them a diet  and send them on their way.... There is much lab work and he tells them they have to move to Houston in order for the program to work....  Then, there is the therapy.... So much we don't see......

Frequent Contributor

There are those over 600 lb'ers who want and are committed to making lifestyle changes, and there are those obese who are only interested in getting weight loss surgery and will not lose much or any weight on their own. 

They simply want surgery to do all the work for them. 

I have trouble losing five pounds. I cannot imagine the challenge of losing hundreds of pounds. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Ok, I'll tell you all about it. I was abused as a child and have never weighed 600 pounds. I, too, feel that the patients use it as an excuse all of the time. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 1000-lb. Sisters

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 

It makes me sad to know there are even "shows" about such things.

Just heartbreakng to see pictures of them.  I don't have any answers, but I wish I did.  No one should have to live life like that. Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  Ok, I'll tell you all about it. I was abused as a child and have never weighed 600 pounds. I, too, feel that the patients use it as an excuse all of the time. 

WOW! aren't you overflowing with the milk of human kindness!

Valued Contributor

Re: 1000-lb. Sisters

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I feel for  them because they are a product of poor parenting and a poor childhood.

I think Gage's mother is obviously more intelligent and more motivated and I am afraid her sister will die within 5 years as the bariatric physician stated. She has no self-control. She is constantly jealous of her sister, but expects her and her husband to take care of her, Unfair.

I agree I think Tammy is very jealous of her sister Amy especially now having a beautiful baby boy,a caring husband .

When the show first started I would say to myself why are you watching these 2 crazy sisters,but as the seasons were going on I saw the closeness these 2 sisters had,the weight problems . I was hoping that they would succeed saw Amy  was  able to get  her surgery ,but think Tammy life is never going to change unless Amy,Michael Chris,now Jerry back off with being enablers.

Think maybe even putting her in  an inpatient facility to  supervise her eating before it will be too late.Tammy  I believe is very unhappy (,immature sorry to say,) even with all her laughing think NOW  the  doctors, family  TCL have to step up and not let her have her way call it HARD LOVE TO SAVE HER LIFE.

Valued Contributor

If Tammy can't find a rehab that can handle her size she should ask her Doctor for help.  He deals with this all the time.  He must know somewhere that can help her.  I bet Chris will talk to him.  He seems to know the right thing to do.

Respected Contributor

Tammy certainly needs intensive help.  She has gained even more weight and her boyfriend is another enabler for her.

But even if she finds a facility, unless she lives there forever, she will still, at some point, have to take responsibility for what she eats.  She has to find a way to get her eating under control.  Sadly, I am not sure she can do it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

WOW! aren't you overflowing with the milk of human kindness!

@GoneButNotForgotten  Did you or did you not say this?

"If and when you've been sexually abused, you can tell us all about it."

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

What is really bad is when these people have enablers.  The family and or friends will always bring them massive amounts of food.  Hard to understand that part

Yeah, that's always annoyed me.  They say that if they don't give the person what they want, they will get mad and yell at them.   So?  Let it happen.  Let the person lose a few hundred pounds and they can pick out their own food.

Yes.... let them burn up a big bunch of calories having themselves a giant hissy fit because they are "starving" and their enabler won't bring them their "dope". All these people seem to have bullied others into feeding their addiction. Dr. Now should order more mental health sessions for the patients AND the caregivers.

Absolutely, the enablers must have some type of mental stuff going on, why else would you bring food to them.  These people have an addiction.  Look at Tammy she is gaining weight so rapidly.  She really can not stop herself.  She is bigger than she was the first season.  She has to be put in clinic so she is supervised and her food is limited.  I can not believe how big she is when she is sitting next to her sister.  I hope Amy can control herself.  She is such a sweet mom.  That baby is adoreable.