Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Watching Shannon last night was scary. She was so big but after months of "trying" to lose weight she didn't lose much. There was no noticeable difference.

But one fact stuck out. And Dr. Now also commented that Shannon's husband was paid to be her caregiver. And did he give Shannon generous portions of food because he wanted to continue to be paid to be her caregiver?

@drizzellla   You took the words right outta my mouth.  LOL  - Sure, he is her "paid" caregiver.  So as soon as she would lose enough weight where she could manage for herself, his "job" would be over and the money would be no more.....

Also, did you see where her "neighbors" went to Houston with them, to help drag her around because hubby can't do it by himself.... They probably flew there, got food and hotel paid for, etc.....I wouldn't be surprised if they helped out at home too, and got paid by TLC....

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sunshine 919   This was a new show last night - not a repeat.  Her name is Shannon  It will be repeated many times.... They all are..... I just checked and it is on again on 3/10 at 6 pm and again (the supersized version) is on 3/11 at 8 and 11 pm and again on 3/12 at 12 midnight......

HTH

Thank you mamSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What is really bad is when these people have enablers.  The family and or friends will always bring them massive amounts of food.  Hard to understand that part

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

What is really bad is when these people have enablers.  The family and or friends will always bring them massive amounts of food.  Hard to understand that part

Yeah, that's always annoyed me.  They say that if they don't give the person what they want, they will get mad and yell at them.   So?  Let it happen.  Let the person lose a few hundred pounds and they can pick out their own food.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Yeah, that's always annoyed me.  They say that if they don't give the person what they want, they will get mad and yell at them.   So?  Let it happen.  Let the person lose a few hundred pounds and they can pick out their own food.

Yes.... let them burn up a big bunch of calories having themselves a giant hissy fit because they are "starving" and their enabler won't bring them their "dope". All these people seem to have bullied others into feeding their addiction. Dr. Now should order more mental health sessions for the patients AND the caregivers.

Frequent Contributor

I can tell from listening to the superobese men/women if they will be successful nor not. 

For instance, you can tell Tammy is not "ready" to change her lifestyle. They're ready when they hit rock bottom, and know they are going to die. 

I feel sex abuse is always used as an excuse. There ate millions of abuse who are not 600# or over.  And I can't believe when the obese person blames society for not providing all their needs, like bigger seats on planes, larger ramps, bigger bathrooms, etc. And also, when they complain of all their aches, pains and how awful it is to live, like they had nothing to do with their obesity. 

You aren't a normal weight, and then wake up one morning 600#! 

I enjoy the women patients more than the men. Men seem to zip right on through it successfully. Women are more interesting. 

Respected Contributor

I feel sex abuse is always used as an excuse.

If and when you've been sexually abused, you can tell us all about it.

Trusted Contributor

I feel for  them because they are a product of poor parenting and a poor childhood.

I think Gage's mother is obviously more intelligent and more motivated and I am afraid her sister will die within 5 years as the bariatric physician stated. She has no self-control. She is constantly jealous of her sister, but expects her and her husband to take care of her, Unfair.

Respected Contributor

Re: 1000-lb. Sisters

[ Edited ]

Yes.... let them burn up a big bunch of calories having themselves a giant hissy fit because they are "starving" and their enabler won't bring them their "dope". All these people seem to have bullied others into feeding their addiction. Dr. Now should order more mental health sessions for the patients AND the caregivers.

I agree with you.

But I wonder if he does and we don't know about it. I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes that doesn't get shown.

Respected Contributor

Re: 1000-lb. Sisters

[ Edited ]

If Tammy doesn't get serious about losing weight, they may have to rename the show to "1000 Lb. Sister" (if she doesn't die in the meantime)