Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if this show is ever coming back on.

Honored Contributor

@Kaceefla I watched every episode. Just did a 'net search  and as of July this year, there is no season 4 according to TLC. The last season was shut down due to Tammy getting Covid and possibly someone else.

I also read something that fans didn't think TLC was helpful in the sisters' weight loss program. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 1000# SISTERS

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids   Surprisingly, I enjoyed the interaction between the sisters and the family members at the beginning.  They were authentic and struggling on many levels.  I appreciated how they helped and supported one another.  However, like many of these shows, it morphed into a different story line.  The one sister grew and transformed working hard to lose the weight and improve herself.  The other moved in another direction and destroyed the positive interaction and humor/love that was evident in the beginning.  

I hope they are doing well, but as a result of the dynamics of the family I think it is best that the show was shelved.

Valued Contributor

There was also a report that Tammy had been admitted to the hospital and the family feared she would die.  I believe I heard that she pulled through that instance, but maybe she isn't well enough to keep doing the show?

As far as this show and the other 600LB Life shows are concerned, I think the subjects simply use the shows as a way to make money and have no intention of losing the weight.  Most of these people are bedridden and some can't even fit out of the doorway to go to the kitchen.  So where are they getting the food?  When you eat 2 loaves of toast and 3 dozen eggs and a quart of orange juice for breakfast  SOMEBODY has to buy, cook, and serve you all that food.  Also, these people don't (can't!!) work.  How on earth do they afford all of that food?

Honored Contributor

Taxpayers probably

Honored Contributor

It was supposed to come back on this year but now they're saying next year.

Trusted Contributor

I know a lady who was able to draw disability because of being too overweight to work.  She would use practically her entire disability check to buy groceries every month.  I guess it was a good thing for her that she had someone else living with her who paid all the bills.  

There are several successes on the 600 Lb. show, but also a few deaths.  I hope the 1,000 lb. sisters succeed with losing their weight, but I don't have much hope for the largest one (Tammy?).  I hope she proves me wrong.

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 Tammy was crude, vulgar and nasty. I don't think she had any intention of sticking with the weight loss plan.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids,  I agree with you that I also don't think Tammy really wanted to stick with the program, or she would have stayed at that rehab place where she lost...what.....60 lbs?  

Honored Contributor

lets hope not.  Tammy is frankly DISGUSTING. The other sister not much better.