Respected Contributor

I guess Tammy is a pansexual (read a story online) & when she told the boyfriend, Jerry, he didn't quite understand what that meant!

Honored Contributor

I started watching and it was a train wreck...the foolish behavior, eating and more certainly is crazy.

Tammy won't be on this planet long the way she eats 🤔🙄

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Travone wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This program is scripted to be sensational.  I wouldn't waste my time.

Yet you waste your time reading posts about the show and replying to posts.   

@Travone.  I believe people post here to express opinions on discussed subjects, do they not?  Why would you even care?

@Kachina624   Thanks for the laugh......I'm sure you are familiar with the expression

Pot/Kettle. 

Trusted Contributor

I watch the show but won't say I'm embarrassed by it.  I also watch my 600lb like often as well.

After the first season I could tolerate Tammy.  This year and it may be partially due to editing I really can't stand her.  She is an extremely selfish person and won't do anything to help herself.  Based on editing she wants Amy to cook and deliver her food.  One would have thought that seeing your sister lose weight could have been motivation but it isn't.  Now she is trying to gather more attention through Tik Tok as well.  Its obvious she still isn't loosing weight.  If she changed her eating habits she should have easily shed the weight in a month.  

Tammy has a family who cares about her.  A Dr told her that if she doesn't change her habits she will die in 4-5 years. Yet there is not visible weight loss.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

I watch the show but won't say I'm embarrassed by it.  I also watch my 600lb like often as well.

After the first season I could tolerate Tammy.  This year and it may be partially due to editing I really can't stand her.  She is an extremely selfish person and won't do anything to help herself.  Based on editing she wants Amy to cook and deliver her food.  One would have thought that seeing your sister lose weight could have been motivation but it isn't.  Now she is trying to gather more attention through Tik Tok as well.  Its obvious she still isn't loosing weight.  If she changed her eating habits she should have easily shed the weight in a month.  

Tammy has a family who cares about her.  A Dr told her that if she doesn't change her habits she will die in 4-5 years. Yet there is not visible weight loss.

She gained like 50 lbs in the month after returning to KY after the last visit to Dr. Proctor in Atlanta when he fired her as a patient. 

Trusted Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@mimomof4 

I think it is a joke for the doctor to say she would die in 4-5 years. I don't think she'll last one year.  Two at most. 

Honored Contributor

I really doubt Tammy will ever lose the weight.... and she will be dead soon.  

Respected Contributor

I recently watched one of these shows where the pregnant one was eating horribly and the other sister was bemoaning her own weight gain.  My immediate thought was their claim to fame and their income relies on them staying morbidly obese and behaving badly for the camera.  This show is a travesty yet they are willing participants as is everyone else supporting their activities for their own incomes.

Is Amy physically able to be a fully functioning care giver to her infant?  How do they provide for their own personal care let alone anyone else's? 

I wonder if the show went away, would they be less likely to perform with bad choices. 

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling if it weren't for the show they, or probably more specifically Tammy, would not change any behavior.

What makes sense to me, for somebody with their mindset, is that they would just figure 'hey, I'm hundreds and hundreds of pounds overweight and it's just too daunting a notion to even imagine being able to lose it, so I'll just keep doing what I love to do more than anything - eating - until I die'.  

I can easily see that.   I can't even imagine gaining like that, as I'm pretty practical.  I've gained about 30# a couple different times and I was truly grossed out by it.  I notice that as I get older I can't eat very much in a sitting, anyway.  I ate a whole sandwich for breakfast and I have a stomach ache (I knew I should have just made half!) .    

While I cannot imagine myself super morbidly obese, I think that if I were I'd just figure I might as well enjoy myself and eat all I want until it's over.   

That's what makes her "happy".   I don't think that's going to change.

I hope her sister does better for herself, especially since she's having a child.  It's the least she could do (the husband could get on board, too).

Respected Contributor

You know, at first I truly believed this show was about the sisters losing weight, getting their surgery, and then sharing their struggle to continue to lose and become healthy.  But it really is not.

They both are making such poor choices and Tammy is being portrayed in the worst possible way.  Granted, she is probably never going to be able to control her food intake, because I do not think she wants to.  And last night her brother said that their Mom had to threaten to lock the fridge because Tammy was always overeating, even when she was young.

And I am truly concerned about Amy.  At first she seemed to have a bit more sense about her condition, but now that she is expecting she has just gone off the rails.  But maybe the show is just scripting this???  I hope she and Michael are able to parent this child properly......

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward