Valued Contributor

I'm kind of embarassed to admit I'm hooked on this show, but now I am rethinking my opinion of Tammy. I used to like her until she got involved with a married man- who is married to a dying woman. When asked about it Tammy said "I don't care.", then she said something vulgar. I have lost it for her, but I still like Amy. Any 2021 updates on Tammy's weight?

Respected Contributor

I am embarrassed to admit I watch it too.  But I am not sure I will continue.  

Amy seems to truly want to be healthier and she seems to be trying.  But I do not think Tammy will ever change.  I do not expect her to lose any weight at all.  I did not know her boyfriend was married.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@furbabylover  I think the show is funny. I don't have any updates on Tammy except I read she's bisexual and may be being catfished by a woman online. I also read that Amy had a baby boy though they are trying to keep it a secret. I hope Tammy makes it. She seems to be in bad shape. I guess Amy's not doing too well either weight wise.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I am embarrassed to admit I watch it too.  But I am not sure I will continue.  

Amy seems to truly want to be healthier and she seems to be trying.  But I do not think Tammy will ever change.  I do not expect her to lose any weight at all.  I did not know her boyfriend was married.  

@4kitties  I wasn't aware of his marital status either.

Honored Contributor

This program is scripted to be sensational.  I wouldn't waste my time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, Tammy has increasing belligerent behaviors fueled by her failure to meet any of her goals. Particularly after gaining again.

Plus, she has to watch Amy moving forward with a life she wants herself, but doesn't want to do the work to obtain it.

I didn't know the BF was married, but I'm not surprised by Tammy's behavior. She's acting out and seeking attention wherever she can get it. Plus, he validates her, since he likes big women.

She's unpleasant right now, and setting herself up for a bad fall -- death being the final, possibly preventable, one. 

Honored Contributor

I lost a relative, way too young, to morbid obesity.   Can't watch those shows.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm gotta admit I've been watching these two. Tammy is getting nastier and meaner in general. I really like her brother, he's very kind and firm and supportive and is doing well with weight loss.

Is Jerry the BF who is married? Good grief, she must be desperate. How could she be surprised that she re-gained that 50 pounds? Sure Amy did much of the food but you know Tammy was getting junk delivered, no doubt about it.

Tammy is eating herself into an early grave and it's her own doing. She's whines about her weight but does nothing.

And her anger and jealousy about Amy and Michael's good marriage and new baby are very obvious. Didn't know Amy had given birth. Did they name him Gage, the name she liked?

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I'm gotta admit I've been watching these two. Tammy is getting nastier and meaner in general. I really like her brother, he's very kind and firm and supportive and is doing well with weight loss.

Is Jerry the BF who is married? Good grief, she must be desperate. How could she be surprised that she re-gained that 50 pounds? Sure Amy did much of the food but you know Tammy was getting junk delivered, no doubt about it.

Tammy is eating herself into an early grave and it's her own doing. She's whines about her weight but does nothing.

And her anger and jealousy about Amy and Michael's good marriage and new baby are very obvious. Didn't know Amy had given birth. Did they name him Gage, the name she liked?

@Love my grandkids  I've read that the a lot of women are reaching out to the brother Chris even though he's married. They also like Dr. Proctor LOL! I've heard Amy mention the name Gage. I don't know if she went with it but I'm thinking she did. She had a list of baby clothes she wanted on an Amazon gift list and a lot of them were strange though she did say she likes horror movies.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1000 LB Sister Tammy?

[ Edited ]

Furbabylover - I am sorry to read that. I had only watched a couple of the shows in the beginning. Each episode just seemed to be so sad. So I was surprised to read what you wrote. I looked further and read this -

"Tammy is well aware that Jerry is currently married, with children. On the 1000-lb Sisters, Jerry brags about how many children he has. Also, he’s struggling to keep count of how many grandchildren he’s got. So, there are a lot of viewers that are wondering what Jerry’s intentions are of dating Tammy."

I think a big part of their schtick is for the attention and money they are making from the TV show. And does Tammy and Amy on occasion, even want to lose weight. Are they just wasting Dr. Proctor's time?