Honored Contributor

The two of them were poor...fat... and not able to work....doing YouTube  videos gave them some income....embarrassing themselves for  subscribers...

then that crossed over to becoming freak show contestants on TLC.  Sad really, but a person does what they can to survive....and to feed Tammy😄

Respected Contributor

It seems like watching a form of addiction killing these two people.  If the drug was alcohol or meth, would people watch in the same way and if not, what's the difference except with food, many more people understand it better. 

There may be more viewers thinking "there for the grace of God go I"? or at least understand the difficulty of one reasonably sized helping or the insatiable appetite. 

Just look at all of the many diet programs on the market right now, it's incredible, they'll personalize them for a price.  Other addicts don't have nearly the support systems available.  Just an observation.

Super Contributor

I remember back in the '90s, we had a neighbor diagnosed with advanced lung cancer from years of smoking. The doctors told her to quit, but she asked "why quit now?" The damage was done. She didn't make it 6 months. 

Maybe Tammy is thinking the same thing. The damage is done. Might as well enjoy doing what you love until you die. Then again, maybe not. I don't know. I can't imagine having such an addiction to something (whether food, smoking, drinking, etc) that will ultimately destroy you. I kind of feel sorry for Tammy. What a horrible thing to have any addiction...

Valued Contributor

In the last episode Tammy told the dentist (she had not seen one in 10 years) that she " tried to brush her teeth twice a week". I guess when one let's everything go in their life, they really let it ALL go. Truly sad.

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover 

Yes!  Brushes her teeth twice a week and the dentist tells her her teeth are fine she just needs a cleaning..............

I question his competence............

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

In the last episode Tammy told the dentist (she had not seen one in 10 years) that she " tried to brush her teeth twice a week". I guess when one let's everything go in their life, they really let it ALL go. Truly sad.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have seen the show but don't care if I miss it or not.... and even with Amy's success find both of them incredibly sad, hard to watch and I don't find their humor funny.... so, I miss most of it.  Believe me I understand how hard it is to change life-long eating habits and changing the way you eat is possibly one of the worst because a person has to continue to eat, you can't just "give it up".... so I really wish both of them (and brother) the best of luck getting to their goals. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

It seems like watching a form of addiction killing these two people.  If the drug was alcohol or meth, would people watch in the same way and if not, what's the difference except with food, many more people understand it better. 

There may be more viewers thinking "there for the grace of God go I"? or at least understand the difficulty of one reasonably sized helping or the insatiable appetite. 

Just look at all of the many diet programs on the market right now, it's incredible, they'll personalize them for a price.  Other addicts don't have nearly the support systems available.  Just an observation.

"Intervention" was a reality show on A & E that showed people with drug and alcohol addictions. It was a popular show.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Tammy seems to be very jealous of Amy.

She is not a very nice person sometimes.......a lot of times!

Food delivery service was provided and she ate all 32 days worth of meals in 2 days.............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@furbabylover 

Yes!  Brushes her teeth twice a week and the dentist tells her her teeth are fine she just needs a cleaning..............

I question his competence............

@furbabylover   She is missing a front tooth....