Honored Contributor

10/28/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

It's finally finale night! Yeah! Some seasons you hate to see end, but this one pretty much ended before it began. Tonight we get to see if Cody takes Codyette, or if Codyette takes Cody to the final two. Enzo has largely accepted his third-place finish and is telling himself that the only reason they won't take him is they know he'd win. (Sure, you just keep telling yourself that big fella. Why with all of the big moves you talked about making, everyone would be afraid of taking you. That is assuming you ever made any of those big moves which you didn't.)

So, on tonight's live show (starting at nine PM ET with The Amazing Race on first tonight at BB's normal 8 PM ET start time) we'll see the thrilling conclusion of the HOH comps. We'll see the jury having their round table chat. We'll see Enzo get the boot, Julie will rely on her Enzo to English translator to try and figure out what all the yo's mean in Enzo's exit interview, and then Enzo will join the shocked and stunned jury who are amazed that Cody and Codyette made it to the final two. "Who could have seen that coming?" Well, everyone. There could be two people who watched the show who didn't see it coming, but even that's not likely. (It would be just like BB to change things up tonight and keep Enzo, but this cast has done the expected all season, so they'll give Enzo the boot.)

They're going to have to milk the comps and jury for all they're worth tonight as nothing has gone on in the house since the last live show. Unless they want to show us two hours of everyone napping, staring at the walls, Cody playing backgammon against himself, or Nicole packing, nothing much else happened. Not the most exciting week in BB history.

The only real excitement is to see how the jury votes. Fans of Cody and Nicole are each convinced their player will win and can make a decent argument for their player. I'm not a fan of either (shocking I know)  but if I had to guess, I'd say Cody wins, and it could be unanimous. We'll have to see. The BB fandom has pushed hard for Da'vonne to win AFP. Eh, fine. She's not my favorite by a long shot, but whatever. Tyler or Janelle are also possible winners. Depending on who, if anyone, BB would like to come back in the future, they might win AFP. BB has been known to give it to wildcards on occasion. (Frank Eudy being the perfect example of that. Seriously, BB? You think we believed that Frank won AFP?) I'd love to see Janelle or Tyler win simply because that would bug Nicole the most. (I'm really not a Nicole fan.)

Production has already started bracing the houseguests for what they'll hear on the outside. Enzo has been trying to explain why he didn't vote out Nicole when he had the chance. BB has warned him that the fans weren't thrilled about that. (To put it mildly.) He thinks he never would have made the final three if he didn't keep her. (Uh, okay. Sure. You keep telling yourself that.) Nicole had already been warned about the damage she did and has been trying to polish her image for weeks now. Cody is just Cody.

So, it all ends tonight. Life goes back to normal. The feeds get shut down and my devices breathe a sigh of relief at no longer being overworked. Cody and Codyette will make their press tours explaining how they were shocked to see each other in the house (sure they were) and decided to work together spontaneously, completely unplanned. Yep, they did no pregaming at all. That's what they'll say. Enzo will tell anyone who listens that he played the best game of the three and the other two were scared to take him as they knew he'd win. And by this time next week, no one will remember any of them and life will go on.

I'll be doing the live updates during the show tonight, but you can pretty much nap through the first hour and forty-five minutes or so of the show. The jury questions tend to be a bit lame these days since they're done on live TV. "Why do you deserve to win?" It used to be fun when they were done a few days before the live finale and the questioning went on for hours. Both finalists would walk away convinced the jury hated them and wanted them dead. The live feeds after that were often hilarious. "They really hate us!" "They hated me more than you!" "I don't think so." The poor final two were often more than a bit shell-shocked at how vicious some of the questions were. These days it's pretty tame and lame. Julie should announce the winner somewhere around 10:50 or so tonight. Then a commercial break after they emerge and finally the announcement of who won AFP just before they go off the air.

In a normal year, we'd get our first "Apply to be on BB (insert next number here)" commercial towards the end of the final show, but they started that a couple of weeks earlier this year. Despite them already begging for a new cast, there's been no official word on whether BB has been renewed for season 23. We may hear something about that tonight. Julie's only signed through this season as far as we know, but may get re-upped for a season 23. I suspect Julie will be back and BB 23 will be back. Maybe sooner than we expect. We could hear something confirming that tonight. It would be kind of weird for CBS to devote commercial time to get a cast for a show that's not coming back, so it's safe to assume BB 23 will take place next summer at the latest.

So, until further notice and the start of a new season, this is the end of the daily updates. There won't be anything left to update for a while. (Not that a lot has been happening anyway.) I can get back to spending more time writing and less time watching the feeds and we'll all be able to take at least a few months off. I still expect them to sneak in something BB related this winter. Either a regular BB season or a Celebrity one seems likely to me. CBS has ordered a few special game show episodes, but just a handful for winter and they're likely to need more programming, and BB is relatively inexpensive to produce. Until then, this is the end of the daily updates. This is one year where I won't hang around for the live backyard interviews. (Which they probably won't have due to Covid.) I could really care less what either Cody or Codyette have to say at this point. I'm just glad this season is over. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 10/28/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thank God this is the end of this season.  I hate All Star anything seasons because they are fairly predictable.  This particular cast was horrible.  Didn't really like any of them and as Gman said--the outcome was pretty much set from the get go.  If Enzo had actually voted Cody or Nicole out, it might have been a good season.  But Cody wasn't even nominated at all for eviction.  He coasted.  And to that I say BOOOO Big Brother.

Thanks again for your awesome recaps, @gardenman  You were the bright spot in the season!

Super Contributor

@gardenman 

I just wanted to give you a big THANK YOU for doing all your wonderfully thorough updates. Woman Very Happy

I really relied on them this season to keep up, because at the end I started hating this season so much that I didn't even want to watch any episodes and just erased them off my DVR! That's a first.

But it's no fun when the pre-gaming goes on and you know the outcome because the final two followed their plan with nobody to stop them (Yo Enzo I mean you). 

And I can't even care who wins when rumors from the beginning of the season say Cody and Nicole are going to split the money anyway. Ugh. Terrible season.

Honored Contributor

CBS has now confirmed that BB will be back for season 23 next summer at it's normal starting time. (Last week of June or so.) Julie has also been confirmed to be the host again. No word on a winter version, so that's less likely now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman, I also want to thank you for wonderful post. Like someone else already said your post was better than the actual season. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for sticking with this season and still doing the daily updates.  It had to be a challenge and I'm sure you will be very happy at 11pm when it's over.

Hopefully next season will be really good - certainly couldn't be worse than this year.

Honored Contributor

It's showtime! Julie's wearing a long black dress tonight. We have the usual rehash of everything that happened. We start out with part two of the three part HOH comp. (Part three will not be physical based on how Nicole's dressed.) Enzo's up first. They have to put up pictures of houseguests to match a clue, then shove camera hogs out of the way. Enzo's not very good at this comp. The last clue asks for the three houseguests, but he kept thinking there were two. He did very poorly. 

Cody's up now. He's got a much better strategy. He's much, much faster. The times were 37:38 for Enzo. 4:49. Kind of one-sided. Enzo was very unhappy and frustrated. Enzo's a bit of a jerk. Time for the first break. Jury chatter coming up next.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And we're back. They show Cody's family celebrating. Enzo's still ranting and raving. He keeps going on and on. Not a good look for him. Cody and Nicole chat. She asks if he's contemplating taking Enzo, but he says no. She says she doesn't know what she'll do. She doesn't want to lose 9-0. Cody says it's so brutal. Cody says he'd have her vote. She says she'd never cut him. (Duh!) Enzo tries to convince Nicole to take him. Enzo says you can't take Cody. Nicole says she doesn't know how she'd live with herself if she didn't take Cody. 

Time for another break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Time for the jury to chat about the final three. We see Enzo's family cheering. Jury roundtable time. They all think Cody has to be evicted for anyone else to win, then Ho, ho, ho, here comes Christmas. (No Dr. Will. Memphis is largely emceeing the meeting.) Da'Vonne sounds a teensy bit unhappy with Nicole still. (Daniele's hoop earrings could hold a good sized parrot.) They wonder if Enzo learned anything. (Nope!) Memphis said Cody made you feel weird in the goodbye messages. Kevin said Cody wasn't genuine. Daniele defends Cody a bit. They think Cody played better this year. Christmas and Memphis think Nicole or Enzo need to get rid of Cody. 

Time for another break. Final HOH comp coming up next. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

We see Nicole's family now. The final comp is called BB Records, and they're standing on a phonograph record and surrounded with phonograph props with a divider between them. They have to decide which of three statements is false about a former houseguest. Cody goes ahead 1-0. Both get the next one right. Cody leads 2-1. Both get the next one right and the score is 3-2 for Cody. Both get the next one right. Cody leads 4-3. Both get it right. Cody leads 5-4. Both got it right. Cody leads 6-5. Both got it right. Cody leads 7-6. One question to go. Both got it right. Cody wins HOH 8-7. Time for another break. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!