Honored Contributor

10/27/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And still not a lot to spoil or update. They got playing cards yesterday to help kill the time. Nicole rehearsed her speech some more and based on her speech she sure sounds like she's taking Cody and expects Cody to take her. We've seen nothing from either of them to really cast much doubt on that. Enzo seems largely resigned to going out third.

They were told their families won't be there for the finale so they'll be coming out to just Julie and the jury. (If the jury is physically there and not on a Zoom call or something.)

Nicole's strong suit is her speechifying which is Cody's weakness, but I suspect the jury already knows how they'll vote. She knows the jury will think she coasted through the early parts of the game and has a plan to counter that perception. I'm not sure how effective her speech will be, but she's prepared.

Enzo seems to wish he had a time machine to go back and boot Nicole when he had the chance. He'd have been Cody's number two then and also number three of Christmas and Tyler, so he'd have likely still made the final three and had a better shot at the final two. He was even allied with Memphis so should Memphis had advanced, Enzo would have been safe. It's a little too late now, but he could have been in a much better position had he made that move. 

I still think Cody wins, but Nicole could give him a good run for his money. A lot comes down to Da'Vonne and her friends (David, Kevin) in the jury. How much influence does she have? Did she forgive Nicole for lying to her? She's said she didn't vote for Nicole as much as she voted against Paul in BB18. Does she have any reason to vote against Cody? (I don't think so. Nicole gave her one heck of a reason to vote against Nicole though with her nonstop lie about the vote.) We'll have to see how the votes come down on Wednesday, but I think Cody is the winner and Nicole comes in a distant second.

My best guess on the votes is Cody gets Enzo, Tyler, Daniele, Memphis, Christmas, and Da'Vonne. Christmas could be iffy, but Nicole's lying low for so much of the early game could hurt her with Christmas. Likely votes for Nicole are Ian, Kevin, and, hmmm....maybe David who didn't really like Cody and might just vote against him? I don't see Nicole getting Enzo's vote. He'll vote for his Jersey bro. Memphis likely votes for Cody. Tyler likely votes for Cody. Daniele is a bit of a wildcard, but likely votes for Cody. Christmas and Da'Vonne are where things get complicated. I think both go for Cody, but we'll have to see.

Given how 2020 in general has gone, this is kind of the outcome you'd expect from BB in 2020. We may get a winter version of BB or a Celebrity BB, we may hear more one way or the other on the finale. CBS will have some pretty big programming holes to fill this winter when The Amazing Race ends and there's no Survivor. Survivor is now not expected to start filming until April at the earliest. It might not be a bad idea to move the Survivor filming to the States for this season. Survivor Alaska could be interesting. Plop them on a frozen lake, ice fishing, avoiding polar bears/grizzly bears, hunting for small game, foraging for berries, avoiding frostbite, etc. They'd need some new comps, but instead of burying stuff in sand, bury it in snow. Maybe add a sauna if they needed some sexier shots than a bunch of people wrapped in parkas.

A winter BB makes more sense though. They have the house and equipment in place. It gives them three hours of airtime a week. They have the Covid-19 handling in place and seemingly effective. A February, March, April, May season would carry them through two sweeps periods (February/May) then assuming things are about the same as this year, fire up the "summer" season in August. Production would get a few months off between each go-round. November, December, January would be largely off time for them, and then June and July before the start of the "summer" season in August. 

Despite this being largely a dud of a season it still won the ratings most nights. That's what networks like to see. It also drives at least some subscribers to CBS All Access. I'm not sure we'll have to wait until June/July for a new season of BB. CBS may be reluctant to go against BB Canada in the winter, but I doubt that will matter a lot to them. (BB Canada's cast promises to be "interesting" this year. They're targeting a very diverse and progressive cast, so that could be either very good or a huge trainwreck. Political correctness may make everyone afraid to say anything. We'll have to see how that all plays out.)

Expect nothing much to change in the house today. Cody plans to tire himself out early today so he can sleep early tonight. Everyone's just waiting until tomorrow and doing whatever they can to overcome the boredom. Nicole will rehearse her speech more. Cody will stare at the walls and play backgammon against himself more. Enzo will lie in bed and wonder about what could have been had he ever actually made a big move instead of nonstop talking about making a big move. It's the same old stuff.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: 10/27/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Do you know when BB Canada starts and is there any way we can watch it?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: 10/27/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@sabra wrote:

Do you know when BB Canada starts and is there any way we can watch it?  TIA

BB Canada started in March last year and should start around then again. I watched it last year until they shut down the season using my VPN (Private Internet Access). I'd just select a Canadian server and watch it on the Global TV site. I could watch both the live feeds and the shows. You can typically view pirated show videos on YouTube, but they tend to get pulled down quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!