Honored Contributor

Re: 10/22/19 DIANE SAWYER INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL DOUGLAS' SON, DEMI MOORE, ETC. PRIMETIME

Cameron Douglas is on The View today. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: 10/22/19 DIANE SAWYER INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL DOUGLAS' SON, DEMI MOORE, ETC. PRIMETIME

Diane Sawyer is a top notch journalist. She did a great job with this interview. She was always my favorite when she was on Good Morning America. I was impressed how open and honest Cameron Douglas was about all of his drug and jail problems. I hope he's able to stay clean going forward. 

Honored Contributor

Michael looked so old last night, I sympathize with what he went through with his son and his illness.

No matter what a parent does or doesn't do, a child makes their own choices in life.  Their upbringing could have been wonderful, all any child could expect, and he/she can still make poor choices leading to a miserable life, but they bring down their families by their poor choices also, all lives changed forever for no good reason.

I once watched a program wherein the young person said, " it (drugs) makes you feel as if you can do anything," I was astounded, and asked the tv "so what do you do, nothing but take drugs," such an absurd statement by the person.

Honored Contributor

How sad his son has put Michael through this for so many long years... what a shame that  parents have  to try to save their children from themselves... makes me that much happier I chose to not have children.  I doubt I could be as good and loving and forgiving a parent as Michael Douglas. 

Respected Contributor

Read The People article enough for me. All about selling a book. If his going public helps someone guess it’s worth it.
Honored Contributor

He's good looking enough and still young enough to be the next Bond

He sounds just like his Father not as good looking, though, Michael, was gorgeous in his heyday.

Wall Street era was his best.

Respected Contributor

In a time where some men seem to "forget" their first families, Michael Douglas has always stood out (among celebs, since that's who we're talking about) as someone who *didn't*.

I can remember COUNTLESS occasions on talk shows--the Carson, Letterman, Leno days--at a time when he was prolific in starring in movies to plug, when his YOUNG children (by Zeta-Jones) were asked about or commented or focused upon by the host. EVERY SINGLE TIME, he added something about Cameron, gently reminding people that he wasn't just the father of two then-young children, but also had an older son. Once, he added, "...and my firstborn, Cameron..."

I'm happy that Cameron seems to have gotten his act together. He looks like the rest of the clan, and even has his dad's voice and intonation. His father's support--even considering needed "tough love"--was unwavering.

From what I've seen and heard, Michael Douglas has been a great dad to ALL of his children.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@mousiegirl  She is ageless. She must be in her late 60s, not sure.

@panda1234   Diane Sawyer is 73.

What??????  Wow she always looks the sameSmiley Happy  I have always enjoyed her.  Very calm voice.  I enjoy her interviews

Honored Contributor

Let's not forget Kirk who turns 103 in Dec, what this must have done to him. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@mousiegirl  She is ageless. She must be in her late 60s, not sure.

@panda1234   Diane Sawyer is 73.

@NickNack   WOW thank you, hard to believe.