Trusted Contributor

Re: 10/22/19 DIANE SAWYER INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL DOUGLAS' SON, DEMI MOORE, ETC. PRIMETIME

Addiction is a horrifying disease that affects the user and his/her family and friends.  Addicts need treatment and compassion.  Unfortunately, the wealthy have access to treatments and preferential treatment not available to other addicts who are not "Hollywood Royalty"  such as those from the heroin scourage of the 1960s-70s, crack decimation, and the heroin scourage redux along with meth.  Cameron was lucky/blessed that he did not possess certain demographic characteristics that would have left him in a thousand pieces had other groups' members pulled a gun on police. 

I hope his recovery continues.

Honored Contributor

Re: 10/22/19 DIANE SAWYER INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL DOUGLAS' SON, DEMI MOORE, ETC. PRIMETIME

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 wrote:

@mousiegirl  She is ageless. She must be in her late 60s, not sure.

@panda1234  @mousiegirl 

Diane Sawyer is 73 years old, widow of playwright Mike Nichols, and does a couple specials a year just to keep her hand in the game, and they are always very good.

Respected Contributor

I hope Cameron can stay clean & out of trouble.  At least, he has a halfway decent family support system, unlike the offspring of Ryan O'Neal.  I think each of O'Neal's kids have had addiction & legal troubles or both.  I think he was a lousy, self-absorbed father whose kids would've been better off being raised by wolves.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I know is the Douglas men sure can't deny their sons - very similar in looks (all meant in a complimentary way).

Wishing them the best.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I find the Douglas family interesting, but not all the headlines about Demi Moore.