Honored Contributor

10/20/2023 Big Brother 25 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

In a break from BB precedence, BB both let Jag play for a back-to-back HOH and also win the back-to-back HOH. Somewhere Claire is screaming at her computer, "They didn't let me win in my season!" So, Jag is once again the HOH. With only two votes needed to evict someone, Jag has Matt's vote locked up and both Blue and Bowie think they're in the final three with Jag and Matt (probably neither one is) and likely to follow Jag's order. Jag can name whoever he wants as the target and be assured he has the two votes necessary to at least force a tie that he could then break.

It should be a very easy week for Jag. He's got a house full of targets with America, Blue, and Bowie being near the top of the list, and he knows whoever he wants to go from those three, he can get evicted with little trouble. I would expect the initial nominees to be America and Felicia so he can keep up the illusion that he's good with Bowie and Blue and count on one of them voting as instructed. With that one vote and Matt's vote, he's in control since he'd be the tiebreaker. Should America or Felicia win the POV, things get messier for Jag.

The POV could save one of the targets, but Jag has lots of other potential targets. Jag likely won't target Blue or Bowie this week as he'll want them playing for him in the first HOH of the double eviction that he won't be able to play in. (The house knows it's a double on Thursday.) If Blue or Bowie wins that HOH, then he'll still want them loyal to him and for them to nominate America (if she survives this week), Felicia, or Cirie. If Blue wins, he might want her to nominate Bowie and vice versa. Then Jag can win the second HOH on Thursday and essentially have three HOHs back-to-back. Four, if he controls whoever wins the first HOH in the double, as is likely. 

It's becoming something of a steamroll as Jag walks through to the end of the game. Everyone thinks they're allied with him, but only Matt truly is. And Jag will likely cut Matt towards the end to take Cirie or Felicia. 

We'll find out later today who Jag nominates, and then see who wins the POV tomorrow. I would expect Felicia and America to be the initial nominees. If either wins the POV, Cirie could be the replacement so Jag can keep Bowie and Blue both playing for him in the first HOH of the double. 

We need things to get shaken up on Thursday or Jag will just walk off with the win. He deserves the win given how well he's played, but he was voted out unanimously once and saved by a twist. Letting him play in and win back-to-back HOHs while keeping up the charade of there being an "invisible HOH" is stupid and unprecedented. With Bowie and Blue both convinced they're safe with Matt and Jag (neither one truly is) they're unlikely to target him. The path to the final three looks pretty easy for Jag right now.

Blue is arguably one of the denser players we've ever had. Jag just nominated her for eviction and targeted her, and she'd be gone if she hadn't won the POV, but she still thinks they're loyal to her. Uh, no. It's great for Matt and Jag that she's that stupid, but jeez. Come on girl. How much more obvious do they have to get for you to get a clue? Bowie isn't far behind her in that Jag wanted to use her as a pawn last week. Your true allies don't use you as a pawn.

I'll post back later after the nominations come down but expect it to be Felicia and America. It's the easy pair for Jag to nominate. He can keep Blue and Bowie believing they're allied with him and count on Cirie voting to keep Felicia. Alienating Felicia and Cirie by putting up Felicia doesn't hurt Jag a lot. He'll swear she's just a pawn.

If they lose America and Bue in the next couple of evictions, BB can be guaranteed another "first" winner of BB and BB loves their "first" winners. First Sikh, first deaf player, first/oldest/older winner, first Survivor player winner, first Australian winner. Lose Blue and America and they get another "first." And they love their firsts. I don't expect much effort from the DR to save Blue or America. Neither would be a "first" winner. The finale script is pretty much written with just a few blanks to fill in. "Congratulations (insert name of winner here) you're the first (insert whatever they're the first of) to win Big Brother!" Eventually, they'll run out of "firsts" and have to revert to just a plain old boring winner. That will be kind of nice.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 10/20/2023 Big Brother 25 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I don't watch the shows anymore but fast forwarded my recording this morning to the part where Cory was evicted and the talk with Julie.  For the first time I kind of see what America (the girl) might see in him.  He was funny, witty and smart in his interview.  A guy who can make you laugh and is smart is nothing to dismiss because looks fade. (Not that Cory is not cute but he just seems like a boy).

I hate it when the good bye messages are not gracious.  I always wonder if the Houseguests are basically the same outside the house or if they are totally different.   

Respected Contributor

I forgot to say that I agree with you that it seems Jag is coasting to the win.  I would think it would be nice of Jag to take Matt to the final since he would have never made it without Matt saving him.  Then BB would have two firsts.

Honored Contributor

Cory's not a bad catch for America. She knows he has little to no criminal history and passed BB's background check and physicals. He's smart, funny, and a decent person. It's not that easy finding smart, funny, decent people out there in the real world these days. She's a generally happy person and so is he. Or so they appear. Living with someone 24/7 in a high-stress environment lets you get to know the person better than you can in a typical manner. Whatever mask or facade they can put on a typical date has to fall at some point in a weeks/months-long stay in the BB house.

As for Cory, I'm pretty sure he'd have thought a girl like America was out of his league. Once again, he knows she passed the BB background and physical testing. He's gotten to know her extremely well. And she's a fun, happy, smart girl to be around. And once again, there aren't that many fun, happy, smart girls out there. 

Lots and lots of relationships have come from BB stays. I don't think any of those that married have divorced and even most of those dating (other than Tyler and Angela) are still together. There are enough BB babies out there now to cast them all for the show in another fifteen to twenty years. I would expect this relationship to continue on the outside. They seem genuinely bonded and happy with one another. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

An update to the update. Jag is now saying he'll put up Blue and America. Interesting. Blue won't like that very much. She's convinced she's safe this week since she's besties with Matt and Jag. (At least in her mind.) Jag may want Blue out over America. Once again, he has the votes to get out whoever he wants if he keeps Matt and Bowie as votes. He wants to tell Felicia she won't be nominated this week.

Blue going bye-bye this week would be fun.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Alienating Blue is a bad strategic move for Jag unless he also gets rid of her. Maybe he doesn't think she believes him that she wasn't the target last week? (She seems to have bought into that completely though.) He knows he was targeting her until she won the POV. Her belief that it was all a big tragic mistake caused by America will get blown up if she's on the block again with lots of other available targets who aren't besties with Matt and Jag. She'll have to know that she's the target this week if she's on the block. Bowie will feel safer though as will Cirie and Felicia. 

When I checked in the updates for the overnight info at five-ish this morning, Blue was all but moving in with Jag and Matt, so she's going to be a wee bit surprised by this turn of events if it happens. 

Getting out a potential threat is never a bad idea, but when that threat thinks they're allied with you and besties, you'd better be sure you get them out. Blue will be on a scorched earth campaign if she ends up on the block and is clearly the target.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Why not back door Blue?  Why take a chance on her winning veto?

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Why not back door Blue?  Why take a chance on her winning veto?

I don't know. Jag isn't the most strategic player you'll find. I guess he thinks he can beat Blue in the POV.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Blue said to Fe and Cirie last night that America is going up and whoever is the pawn better suck it up, they will only be a pawn. I will be anxious to see how she sucks it up.  Hard to believe that she trusts Jag after he put her up last week, but she does.  Not to smart of her to not even have a clue.

Honored Contributor

@SueyMsB 

Well, Blue also believes she has a future with Jared.