Respected Contributor

Re: 10/18 SURVIVOR--possible Spoilers

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Jessica did not seem to understand the advantage combined with a some what bad edit. I really had to think about what was going on.

Jessica wasn't the only one that did not understand the advantage.  I did not either.  There was no way Joe could go home last night.

Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Jessica did not seem to understand the advantage combined with a some what bad edit. I really had to think about what was going on.

Jessica wasn't the only one that did not understand the advantage.  I did not either.  There was no way Joe could go home last night.

Me neither.  Even if it was what we thought and Devon could block a vote, I still didn't see how that would have helped.  If the three of them were planning on voting for Desi, they wouldn't need any advantage in the first place.  (I'm assuming Devon would have voted against Joe/Desi, but who knows.)

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

I don't understand why Chrissy used the disadvantage to block the swing vote, that seemed random.  

I usually just scan Dalton Ross's recaps but this week he has a hilarious riff about Cole's big mouth, worth the read.

@LoriLori, She'd stated that her goal was to help the healers.

@Wsmom, thanks.  I'm missing something though, why didn't she give the disadvantage to one of the heroes?  Wouldn't that have helped the healers more effectively?   What am I missing here?

You didn't miss anything--she wasn't smart enough to figure that out.  She thought that she was 'eliminating' the swing vote, which is often what the solo tribe members are (meaning they are the only one from their former tribe on the new tribe)

@DrKelli, wow.  It's not rocket science that you take out the two from the other tribe.  What a boneheaded mistake. 

And I see that yet again I've called the person who had the advantage by the wrong name.  I called Jessica,  Chrissy.  It's not that I'm bad with names either -- I can rattle off people from all 34 seasons -- I just find this cast unmemorable.

Respected Contributor

I completely misunderstood that advantage.  I thought Devlon was going to be able to block someone else's vote.  I didn't realize he couldn't vote.

About the only person I like is Dr. Mike.  LOL

Respected Contributor

The edit was bad @Bri36. If Jessica used it if her team went to tribal, she could name a person to block THEIR vote, so basically when she passed it to another team (because she didn't go to tribal), she was blocking THEIR vote.  I don't know if she understood that or is she thought Devin was going to be able to block someone's vote.  But actually, now that I think about it, she was taking out the swing vote (devin) and maybe she thought that the vote would be tied.

Trusted Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I completely misunderstood that advantage.  I thought Devlon was going to be able to block someone else's vote.  I didn't realize he couldn't vote.

About the only person I like is Dr. Mike.  LOL

I misunderstood that about the advantage, too. I think many of us were confused about that. 

I like Dr. Mike, too. And I’m liking Lauren.