Honored Contributor

10/03/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Yesterday saw Cody faced with the nearly impossible decision of who to nominate. Should he nominate one of his three final two partners (Nicole, Enzo, Memphis), or the two houseguests (Tyler and Christmas) who defied the house and tried to vote out his beloved Nicole? Well, nearly impossible may have been an exaggeration. There was no real debate. Tyler and Christmas hit the block. To say there was no suspense on who the nominations would be is an understatement. Unless Christmas won the last HOH they were going to be the nominations no matter who won HOH. 

So, knowing they were destined to be on the block both started to prepare for today's POV comp. Christmas prepared by telling Enzo that even if she won the POV she wouldn't use it as she trusted the house to vote out the more dangerous player in Tyler. (I'm thinking some of her tattoo ink may have seeped into her brain a bit and clouded her thinking.) A quick look at the houseguests still in the house shows that Nicole "there can be no other woman here but me" Franzel is still in the game. If Christmas stays on the block Nicole will lead the charge to get her evicted.

Nicole plays a very simple game. She pairs up with a bigger threat in the early stages and stays glued to them  It was Hayden in BB 16, Corey in BB 18, and Daniele in BB 22. It was a little easier for her this year as Daniele didn't expect any "favors" in exchange for shielding her. Along the way she whines and whimpers and attempts to turn the house against all of the other women in the house. Then she stays hidden behind her partner until he/she is gone and then she starts to play. Nicole has achieved most of her typical Nicole goals this season. She's hidden behind a bigger threat for safety. She's gotten rid of all but one other woman and that woman is now on the block. If Christmas truly thinks Nicole is going to keep her, then Christmas has no clue how Nicole plays the game.

Tyler has switched on his high-intensity social game and is trying to be friends and best buds with everyone in an effort to stay in the game. It's a pretty effective technique and likely to keep him this week, but after Christmas is gone, he becomes the prime target and needs to win HOH or POV every week to stay in the house.

Cody is the person best positioned in the house right now. He's strong, knows enough to win many of the comps involving dates/events. He's the best physical competitor and has many, many allies still in the house. Even if he were to be nominated odds are the votes to evict wouldn't be there.

Nicole is arguably the next safest person in the house. A Cody/Nicole final two wouldn't shock me. I'm not sure anyone wants to hear her whine for a week so they probably won't nominate her to avoid that.

Memphis has played well but he could see the jury fairly soon. I think he scares Cody a bit with his intelligence and ability to win comps. Once the Christmas/Tyler pair are broken up expect Memphis to head out, possibly before whichever of the Tyler/Christmas pair survives this week.

Enzo is a moron who thinks he's Cody's closest ally. He's not. If Cody needs a pawn this week Enzo might just be stupid enough to volunteer to go up. Enzo blew his chance to go farther by not voting out Nicole last week. That could have moved him up to Cody's sidekick, but Nicole is now locked into that spot and unlikely to leave in the near future. Enzo still thinks he's playing in BB12 and is part of the new Brigade, but he's more Britney in this year's version than Lane. (For those who don't know the Brigade was the big alliance in BB12 that had Hayden, Lane, Enzo, and Matt in it. Each had a side alliance with Lane having Britney as his side alliance. She thought she was part of the big alliance, but was just baggage to them to use as a vote until they dumped her. Enzo is Britney this year.)

There's no need to pick the POV players today as six houseguests play and there are only six houseguests left. If Tyler or Christmas were to win the POV and use it, forcing Cody to put up one of his three final two partners, it could alter the dynamics of the house. One of the three who thinks Cody will take them to the end will soon discover that they're fourth on the pecking order and might decide to hook up with number five to try and thin out the top of the pack. 

Cody's played a pretty good game but one flaw in it has been keeping too many good competitors to the very end. Everyone but Nicole is a threat in physical comps and Nicole and Memphis (along with Tyler) could be a threat to Cody in mental comps. When you look at the original cast and try to pick five people you wouldn't mind being up against at this stage of the game, you'd likely choose Kevin, Nicole Anthony, and Ian as the least competitive physical threats and Enzo, and David as the least competitive mental threats. Cody's alliance got him to the final six, but now he's got some decent pretty competitors he'll have to beat to win. 

Cody can't win HOH next week and just two votes will be enough to evict him at the final five. It Tyler wins POV this week and Cody puts up Memphis or Enzo as a pawn opposite Christmas, then Memphis or Enzo will know they're fourth on Cody's pecking order. With Cody incapable of playing for HOH next week that would leave Memphis, Tyler, Enzo, and Nicole playing for HOH.  I like the odds of Memphis/Enzo or Tyler winning that HOH. If they put up Nicole and Cody, and even if the other houseguest stays loyal to Cody whoever of Memphis/Enzo/Tyler isn't the HOH could vote out Cody and then the HOH could break the tie and give old Cody the boot. 

Enzo, being Enzo will probably ruin that scenario by volunteering to be the pawn if the POV is used and still assume he's Cody's number two. He won't turn on Cody and then will get the boot at the end as Cody takes Nicole with him to the finale.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: 10/03/20 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I am praying Christmas or Tyler win the POV.  I would love to see Enzo on the block.  He hasn't done anything all summer but talk about other people not making big moves ...

Honored Contributor

We've waited all season for something to go against Cody's wishes, but nothing has. He was ready to lose Daniele so that didn't hurt him. He was iffy on David and might have preferred to keep David had David been up against someone other than Nicole, but with it being David vs Nicole he won by the house (Enzo) keeping Nicole. It's been Cody's gift-wrapped season so far. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Gardenman,

Not much to say about this season as it appears to be a done deal.

However, I did come across something interesting this afternoon.  I tend to hang on to gardening magazines for future reference, and in Flower & Garden guess who was featured?  What beautiful flowers!  You are a man of many talents.  I hope you have been able to carry on with your glorious displays.

Honored Contributor

@Lady Chanel wrote:

Gardenman,

Not much to say about this season as it appears to be a done deal.

However, I did come across something interesting this afternoon.  I tend to hang on to gardening magazines for future reference, and in Flower & Garden guess who was featured?  What beautiful flowers!  You are a man of many talents.  I hope you have been able to carry on with your glorious displays.

That was an old issue. 1996 I think? The flowers had looked better the week earlier. A nor'easter had come through in August just before the photoshoot. They were just bouncing back for the photoshoot. The photos were shot in late August and made the July issue the next year.

There's a photo of the planter boxes from the Fourth of July this year on the Garden forum here. I rebuilt the boxes last year and automated the watering. The only time I didn't have the boxes filled was in 2018 when my femur was broken. With everything now automated, watering is no longer an issue. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Cody won the POV, so we'll lose either Christmas or Tyler this week. Likely Christmas if I'm reading the house right.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Cody won the POV, so we'll lose either Christmas or Tyler this week. Likely Christmas if I'm reading the house right.

I sure hope you are right.  I don't want Tyler to go!

Contributor

FYI - You weren't far off the mark, Gardenman, it was the July 1995 issue.

The 4th of July photo was very pretty.  My baskets are finished by August as the heat and humidity of the South does them in.  Not enough rain to keep them lush looking and water from the tap can't do what the rain can.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I think you are reading it right. Now the question is... am I reading it right? I really hope so though it's probably just a delay to the inevitible.

It seems like Nicole wanted Tyler to go first but in true Cody fashion he's convinced her that Christmas and Memphis have a tight bond which they do. It's definitely stronger on Xmas' side but it's strong enough that if Tyler left Xmas and Memphis would still have each other. Keeping Tyler means he could be gunning for Memphis and vice versa. I know you probably know  that already but for some reason it calms me to keep repeating it, lol.

Also, just wanted to give you a quick kudos for all the work you do every single day to keep us all updated. I think you look at writing more as pleasure than work but it's still a lot to keep up with. After Thursday, even though the outcome was good, I didn't even want to think about the game on Friday. Today I read yesterday and today's threads and they were really good. My favorite part was when you listed Nicole's ailments. For a split second my mind went to "I didn't know Nicole was sick" and then I started processing the names of the "illnesses."  I literally started laughing out loud. 

I'm kind of sad that my Tyler/Xmas F2 dream is coming to an end. I felt like she would be his best chance of winning this season. Now I doubt he will get there at all but as Scarlett says...I'll think about that tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

@gardenman ...  that's enough of Cody ...  I soooo wanted to see Nicole walk out the door Thursday night ... so close but no prize.  This year she's like dog poop on your tennis shoe ...  had enough of her !!  

After this show ends I NEVER follow the houseguests except occasionally see them on a magazine somewhere.  But this morning a Christmas was talking to Memphis about her financial projections and she is going to write another book ...  and I thought ANOTHER book ??  A book about what ??  And listen to Nicole and her "fan" base and her endorsements and I'm so surprised !!  Endorse what, hair bows ??  People PAY to go see her somewhere ??  I guess I live in another world but I NEVER follow any of these clowns ...  are you surprised at their other accomplishments ??  I know about going on Survivor and Amazing Race, but these people seem to want to make a life around appearing on reality game shows ...  I see Dr. Will here and there but he promotes himself ...