Respected Contributor

I watched 2 episodes.

I don't think the show is about body shaming;

I think it's about addiction. Food addiction.

And food addiction is different from alcohol or drugs bc people need food to survive.

I agree with other posters who think TLC chose these particular sisters who struggle with food addiction bc of their mannerisms & lack of manners in order to secure ratings.

Esteemed Contributor

The exploitation of these sisters breaks my heart! They were raised in an environment of familial dysfunction and poverty, with NO ONE modeling healthier eating habits, and proper social graces. I tune in from time to time, and root for them despite some of their obviously coerced, antisocial behaviors. They truly are victims whether they realize, or care about it.!😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch last night's episode?  When Tammy was being weighed by the nurse and it showed she gained 10 lbs., the nurse tells her she's hit a plateau.  What?  That's not a plateau.  I just don't get that this rehab place is allowing them to eat whatever they want or have food brought in.

The zoom meeting she had with the counselor was enough to make me sick.  As soon as I saw Tammy cross her arms, I knew where it was going.  She is so rude and what she doesn't understand is that is part of the process and will need the counselor's ok  for the surgery if she makes it to her goal.  She's a very ungrateful person IMO.  She reminds me a little child having a temper tantrum.

Chris seems to be doing well after seeing his weigh in and I hope he's able to get the skin removal surgery.  His wife; however, looks like she is possibly gaining weight.  

I felt sorry for all of them when Little Bit passed on; he sure lived a long life.  

As for Amy, I have to wonder about some of her comments with regard to Tammy.  Yes, I'd agree with her wondering if Tammy will continue to try; however, Amy sure doesn't seem like she has been trying, even before she got pregnant again.  I think she should've waited for a while longer to get pregnant.  

Any thoughts/opinions?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1  I watched. Tammy is something else but Amy's not walking the walk either. All of them except Chris & Britney are huge really. I believe Chris's wife has already had the weight loss surgery. I couldn't believe that Tammy hung up on the counselor but she laughed which I thought was funny.

I believe Michael speaking at the dog's funeral was more than I have ever heard him talk. The items they ordered of the dog were too over the top for me. I mean how close to the dog do you need to get a pic. My goodness lol. The only thing I liked was the plaque. I read that Amy got another dog so hopefully they'll put these items away.

I don't think Amanda adds anything to the show and can't stand her because she's so controlling and seems to be trying way too hard. Tammy saying she needs to be near family was driving me crazy because all she does is fight with them when they are together. I was surprised Amy's still paying rent on her place. I assume it's to ensure she'll never try to move in with Amy and her family. 

On the preview for next week's episode they show Tammy's place being broken into. What could they possibly want from there? I'm thinking this may be a fake storyline. I also didn't understand Amanda saying they were getting a charger for Tammy when surely Tammy had a charger being in the facility for months.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@HisElk1  I watched. Tammy is something else but Amy's not walking the walk either. All of them except Chris & Britney are huge really. I believe Chris's wife has already had the weight loss surgery. I couldn't believe that Tammy hung up on the counselor but she laughed which I thought was funny.

I believe Michael speaking at the dog's funeral was more than I have ever heard him talk. The items they ordered of the dog were too over the top for me. I mean how close to the dog do you need to get a pic. My goodness lol. The only thing I liked was the plaque. I read that Amy got another dog so hopefully they'll put these items away.

I don't think Amanda adds anything to the show and can't stand her because she's so controlling and seems to be trying way too hard. Tammy saying she needs to be near family was driving me crazy because all she does is fight with them when they are together. I was surprised Amy's still paying rent on her place. I assume it's to ensure she'll never try to move in with Amy and her family. 

On the preview for next week's episode they show Tammy's place being broken into. What could they possibly want from there? I'm thinking this may be a fake storyline. I also didn't understand Amanda saying they were getting a charger for Tammy when surely Tammy had a charger being in the facility for months.

@colliemom4 , the part about the dog, yes, I agree.  It was nice, but they went overboard IMO. 

Amanda drive me nuts too as she is just so controlling and can be nasty.

I think the reason says she misses her family (like you said) is because she just wants out of rehab.  When they're all together, she complains about everything.  I realize it's difficult for her to do some of the things they do when on a trip somewhere; however, if she would attempt to lose the weight, she'd be able to do them.  I remember when they went to an amusement place and Chris was finally able to ride a ride - he was so happy about it.

I think Amy getting another dog is too early, especially because of what she said with having Gage, and another baby on the way.  Just too much to take care of with potty training both the dog and 2 young kids.

I'll bet you're right about the rent continuing to be paid so she doesn't have to house Tammy.  I know I wouldn't.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1,000 Pound Sisters

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1  @colliemom4  I love it when you 2 post about my favorite train wreck!

I agree with most of what you both said. I LOATHE Amanda. She's mean and nasty and wants attention.

That "nurse" was not an RN but a medical aid and what she said about a plateau was totally STUPID and wrong.

After seeing the first new episode and hearing the lnuch choices which weren't really on any kind of diet I can't blame Tammy entirely for the weight gain. But she does have the resources to have food brought it and it doesn't have to be all carbs and fat.

I agree that all that dog stuff (pillow, etc) was over the top but the plaque was very nice. Since Amy is legally blind in one eye it will be nice, like she said, that she can see where the dog is buried.

Tammy must have forgotten that she has to "pass" all of her 6 (I think) counseling sessions and get approved by the counselor (who has the patience of Job) to get approved for surgery. Ain't gonna happen.

She's got the worst attitude of anyone I've ever seen on these shows and I've watched all of them (not bragging, just confessing!).

Honored Contributor

I read that Tammy's therapist is also a nutrionist, has written multiple books, and is highly respected in her field. Tammy should be thankful for that and cooperate, but instead is extremely defiant against everyone, not just her therapist. She needs help with this. It's a big problem for her and ruining her life really.

Amy should probably not have got another dog. She's going to have her hands full with the two kids and I don't think it's going to be as easy as she thinks it is. Amy's young but not highly motivated so less would be best for her.

I wish they'd take Misty and Amanda off the show. They are just taking up space lol.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 , @Love my grandkids , I wish they would not include the other sisters either.  Apparently, they hopped on the gravy train.  

I also look forward to reading both of your thoughts, etc of this train wreck LOL.

I'm not sure if either of you watch the 1000 lb Best Friends or not, but if you do, what's your opinion of Meghan?  If I were Tina, she'd be given a timeframe to move out.  She's one of those people that I can only take in very small doses.  And I think she's very jealous of Vannessa who seems to be doing well.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@colliemom4 , @Love my grandkids , I wish they would not include the other sisters either.  Apparently, they hopped on the gravy train.  

I also look forward to reading both of your thoughts, etc of this train wreck LOL.

I'm not sure if either of you watch the 1000 lb Best Friends or not, but if you do, what's your opinion of Meghan?  If I were Tina, she'd be given a timeframe to move out.  She's one of those people that I can only take in very small doses.  And I think she's very jealous of Vannessa who seems to be doing well.

@HisElk1  I have started watching this now too lol. As I told you in prior posts Meghan's behavior triggers me. I see nothing wrong in Tina and her husband giving them a time frame to move out. In fact, it should have already been done.

They are living in such filth now that they went back to the house. I don't see how they can do it and Meghan's obviously a hoarder piling on to the problems they're already experiencing. I couldn't believe it when Meghan jumped on that air mattress lol.

I also believe that she's jealous of Vanessa. She's not good at hiding her feelings and I can tell that she is. She probably never expected such a change in Vanessa. She likes the focus to be on her.

I don't understand how Meghan and Jon can take advantage of Tina and her husband's hospitality like that. Even going as far as to stay in a hotel room with them and their kids? Get real! I don't know if it was staged and they were actually all staying in multiple rooms or what, but who does that? I am suspicious that Jon may not be that bright either.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 I have a friend who watches !,000 pound friends but it's all I can do to keep up with Amy and Tammy but I do enjoy reading the updates you and others posts about the show.

And the preview that seems to show Tammy's apt. having been broken into: Was no one in the family going over there from time to time to check  on things, maybe turn on a light now and then, checking the mail, so that it wouldn't be a target? That's what it looks like to me but I guess we'll find out.

For people who say they care so much about Tammy wny wasn't anyone checking on her home?