Honored Contributor

Watching the latest and WHY any time was spent on the oldest sister, Amanda and Michael's wife, Misty, I have no idea.

They are both really crude and icky. And the comments they made to each other about that good looking black trainer (and he WAS pretty good looking!) at the Y were just awful. You'd think they'd never been near a male before.

I had to FF through any more about them. A total waste of time.

I hope Amy follows the doctors advice but I doubt it.

Honored Contributor

I wonder about the morality of a weekly TV program where we watch a person, Tammy, die.  One time soon, we'll tune in to be advised she passed away.  This show needs to cease for this reason and those you listed @Love my grandkids .  It's horrible and has gotten even worse in typical TLC fashion.  It's unconsciousable to continue it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm not sure how much longer we'll continue to watch; it's now turned into a "family affair".  And I agree with you @Love my grandkids , about how they acted at the gym.

As for Amy, she's also getting on my last nerve at times.   When at the doctor and she asks if she wants to know the sex of the baby, she says yes (I'm assuming Michael wants to know), she's then disappointed about it.  That said alot to me.  I'd have thought she would be happy to know that things looked ok and the baby is healthy.  Her joking around gets tiresome and eventually, Gage is going to think the "B" word is okay to say.

Tammy saying to her family what her weight was - I didn't believe her and the scale showed it.  And the way she talked to the counselor was rude - the woman is just trying to help her.

I guess we'll continue; at times, I can see us FFing through some of it.  

And Amy's blue hair looks like it's turning somewhat purple; it's going to look worse as it grows out IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1,000 Pound Sisters

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 Agree 100%. I didn't want my post to turn into a book so  I stopped.

IMO Amanda is really a mean spirited witch. She's got no business yammering at Tammy about Tammy's weight when SHE weighs 293 pounds!

Sadly Amy's dirty mouth is going to be what Gage learns. Wait till she gets the call from school about that.

Tammy's rudeness to the counselor is unacceptable. I  doubt she'll get approved for surgery and will just get bigger and bigger.

But it's a train wreck I'll watch until I just can't LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 It's their choice to participate. Frankly I'd be humiliated if they were my family. Not because they are all obese but because they are rude and crude and have no idea how normal people behave.

Honored Contributor

I think Amanda's a big phony and just in it for the money. I can't say I care for her. I don't know why they felt the need to do the entire YMCA scene. If they were trying to make things interesting they failed.

Amy making her husband go into the convenience store and get her all that junk and then opening that can of cheese and squirting into her mouth was quite a sight. I can't believe she told her doctor that she eats what she wants when you know no doctor wants to hear that. So now she's moved on to eating a crate of peaches. Sounds like a plan lol. 

Also, I can't believe that Chris made a bunch or barbecue and brought to Tammy's rehabilitation center. Then it was mentioned the patients there were allowed to go out for fast food. I was shocked. 

I don't think Amy is going to lose any weight. She may stay the same but won't lose. I hope Chris doesn't gain any. He looks like an entirely different person. Tammy enjoys being defiant and I feel she will continue to argue with this counselor. Last I heard Tammy married someone in that center and is still there. I must see what happens so I'll keep watching.

Esteemed Contributor

They will continue to air programming like this as long as the ratings are there.  There are enough viewers to keep the show going at this time.  

I too have strong opinions on many shows that I choose not to watch, they are just not for me, however, many would disagree with me.  The viewers decide which programs stay or leave the air.  Something for everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1,000 Pound Sisters

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4 Tammy did state that there are no controlled diets there. Someone from food service came in and told her what was available and she chose. There is a salad bar as well. And residents can get anything brought in that they want and I'm guessing Tammy's doing that and lying about it.

She gained 10 pounds and now she's pouting and I thought  Chris was an idiot to bring all that food. He could have made just a small amount of 1 or 2 things but he had to go whole hog (pun intended).

None of them really care about their weight and Amy's children are both going to be overweight, you can see that coming.

Michael buying a crate of peaches was stupid. There are smarter ways to eat fruit but neither one of them does any actual thinking and goes shopping for fruit at a market. Geez, I don't know how some people get through a day with so little sense.

Honored Contributor

Amy is making progress by choosing to stay at the rehab center.  Hopefully the 10 pounds that she gained in the last weigh in will spur her on to work harder.  The family has their issues but I do sense that they love and support one another.  They have had a lot to overcome considering their background.  Sometimes, I think the show encourages those dramatic actions (cheez wiz straight from the can) or overt comments regarding the trainers at the club.  But the overarching theme is the ability to help one another overcome their challenges.  

Honored Contributor

I hate any and every kind of body shaming and that's all shows like this do.  I won't watch it, of course.