Honored Contributor

Re: 09/29/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman and others:

Thank you for your informative insights and commentary during IMO one of the worse BB season in history.  I got the "message" early on about what direction this season was heading ...my only disappointment is no one had the #### to back door tonight "cockey" Xavier and give lazy useless Derek F the win.

Now that would have been the best finalie ever -- a floater winning it all by just laying around...whining & complaining.  yet he's $75,000 richer ...

oh well.  I see "survivor" is starting out to be focusing on the "message" ...guess another show I'll not watch.

No more does it seem to be about game play...JMO.

Thank you again🙂

Valued Contributor

Well being on the West coast, I just got finished watching.  I don't like to spoil things by reading what happened beforehand so I am one of the last people to post.  Things came out as predicted.  Glad Tiff won most favorite player.  She deserved it.  Derek was his usual obnoxious self taking credit for it all.

Thanks to Gardenman and SusieQ for all your greats posts.  I look forward to next season and do it all over again.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't the best season of BB we've ever had, but it had its moments. That first week with Frenchie in charge was amazing stuff if you like chaos. I'm not sure any of us would have lived through a whole season of that level of chaos. It then became overly predictable from that first week on. Derek X threw a monkey-wrench into things when he targeted his own alliance prematurely in week five but other than that, things were fairly predictable from week to week. 

Xavier deserved the win and likely would have won even without the Cookout ever forming. He played a very good game and had lots of allies with few enemies. He was in multiple overlapping alliances. He could have taken anyone to the final two with him and won. Tiffany might have been his stiffest competition, but I think he would have even gotten the win over her since so many in the house (Azah, Derek F, Kyland, etc.) did not like Tiffany but liked Xavier.

Could Derek X have beaten him in the final two? Probably not. Derek X might have had Claire, Tiffany, and Hannah as votes. Maybe SB although Kyland would be in her ear to vote for Xavier. That fifth vote would have been hard to find though. Kyland and Derek F would have gone for Xavier. Azah and Britini would have been encouraged by Derek F to vote for Xavier. 

This was Xavier's game from the start unless someone took him out. No one did. Thanks to Kyland's never-ending one-on-one interviews with houseguests we know that most of them knew it the whole season also. They just never got rid of him, so he won. It was a very well-played game by Xavier. He made very few missteps the whole season.

Oh well, back to other stuff now until Celebrity BB comes along in February. I don't expect to learn much in the post-show interviews. Derek F and Kyland will complain they got bad edits. (They didn't.) I still expect to hear that Claire and Derek X hook up at some point. There's a spark between those two. If nothing else, they may be long-lasting friends.

The Alyssa/Christian showmance will likely fizzle out pretty quickly. Alyssa strikes me as a girl who wants to escape. She's reportedly had flings with any celebrity (singer, comedian, actor, athlete) who got in her range. I think she doesn't want a "normal" life. She's seen too many "pretty girls" who end up as a receptionist, waitress, Walmart worker, and has decided that life's not for her. She wants more and by God, will do whatever it takes to get it. Don't be surprised to find her marrying an athlete/actor/singer at some point.

Kyland will go back to writing complaint letters to anyone who dares do anything he disapproves of. CBS execs will hear a lot from him as he complains about his edit. The BB websites (Jokers, Hamsterwatch, etc.) will also likely be hearing from him demanding apologies. 

The rest of the cast will just go back to their normal lives and melt into the background. Some will look back at it fondly. Some won't. (Hannah is likely in the won't look back fondly category. When Julie gave her "Audition for BB 24" spiel, Hannah said don't do it. Suffice to say she's not likely to be at the casting calls in the spring even though there's a contractual obligation to participate.)

So, that's a wrap for another season. It's been fun. It could have been better, but it could also have been worse. It's always fun chatting with everyone about BB and God willing, I'll be back in February for Celebrity BB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thank you @gardenman for your great commentary once again.  I love this time of year just because I get to read your hilarious remarks on not so hilarious people.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, so sick of CBS and Julie pushing this African American Winner, there was no choice, ony 3 people left and yes they were

African American.

I don't see why such a big deal and a landmark decision.He won because he knew how to play the game, I don't care what color he is, he was good at how he played.

Of the 3 "X" was the Best.

Trusted Contributor

After watching this ho hum season I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the finale.  It was fun, especially listening to them telling what they really do for a living.  Only disappointment for me was Derek X not winning AFP.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman - Thank you again for your wonderful and insightful reports on BB.  I am glad Tiffany won AFH since she is the one who was the mastermind for the CO (despite what delusional Derek F believed)  I knew Xavier would win and deserved it, he was truly the best player.  I am sad that Derek F got to the final two after literally doing nothing but lay in bed the whole time.  Also sad that Azah was not in the final two.  At least she won a couple comps.  This season made BB history and we will see if affects future casting.  I will miss your enjoyable posts.  See you next time!  Take care.

Valued Contributor

@sabra wrote:

After watching this ho hum season I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the finale.  It was fun, especially listening to them telling what they really do for a living.  Only disappointment for me was Derek X not winning AFP.

Yes, Derek X was a cutie but I was happy Tiff got AFP because she deserved it.  She didn't get enough credit for being the strategist behind the Cookout in my opinion.  Xavier wanted her out because he was afraid of her.  

Trusted Contributor

I think many of the housequests will be asked back.  They were very docile and accepting of the outcome. If you want to be asked back you go along and keep quiet nevermind that you played your heart out for nothing; well not for nothing as they got paid to be on the show $1000 a week plus more if you win a competition with a monetary award. 

Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching the season by the end of August but kept up through the updates here.  This season was just too predictable.  Hoping for a better season coming up.