Honored Contributor

09/26/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

So, yesterday found Xavier coaching up Derek on the days to prepare him for part two of the HOH comp (no coaching for Azah from Xavier), only to have it fail as Azah beat Derek fairly easily. It sounds like it was a hamster wheel/treadmill type comp where they had to run to get to a certain number then stop. Derek did it in 20 minutes while Azah breezed past him in 13 minutes. Derek then laid in bed depressed much of the day (as opposed to his normal state of just lying in bed most of the day) before finally getting out of bed and rejoining what's left of the house. Both players apparently got their knees skinned up in the comp. 

Derek naturally complained that the comp wasn't made for a big guy like him and how unfair it was. (Bear in mind, he hasn't excelled at the simple booth comps that anyone could win either.) He's depressed that he managed to go the whole show without winning a single comp. His spirits did improve a bit when Xavier reminded him he was making the final two no matter what as both Xavier and Azah would take him to the finale. There he can hope to impress the jury with his tales of how he controlled the whole season from behind the scenes. (Note to Derek: There's a reason everyone wants to take you to the final two and it's not because they think you'll win.)

Derek complained to Azah that he can't beat her, but he'd have a good chance to beat Xavier. (Uh, sure. You just keep telling yourself that Derek.) It sounds like he's trying to convince Azah to throw the final part so Xavier can win part three and then Derek would have a better chance at the $750,000. Yeah, not the best argument to make.

So, we now have three days of absolutely nothing happening in the house. Azah and Xavier will continue their cuddlemance as Xavier fears losing to Azah in part three and being left in the jury. If he cuddles her very, very well, maybe she'll take him instead of Derek seems to be Xavier's hope. In all likelihood, Xavier will win part three and take Derek though.

The jury roundtable may or may not have already taken place. That's when the jury finds out that Kyland got the boot. They'll be very happy to see him. They'll then discuss which of the three left deserves the win more. (It's Xavier.) They'll try to come up with a reason why someone should vote for Derek. (Good luck with that. Maybe because he voted out Kyland, even though he was just following Xavier's order.) It'll be a little easier to figure out why to vote for Azah. She has won something. Not much mind you, but something.

And then we just hang around until Wednesday when this thing finally ends. This season started with a roar with Frenchie's week of madness, then settled down quickly into a contest of, who gets to sit next to Xavier at the finale? From July on it was pretty apparent this was his season to lose. The good players weren't targeting him and the bad players couldn't win anything. He was never truly at risk the whole season despite everyone knowing he'd win if he got to the final two. He's got one final hurdle to overcome on Wednesday and he's made that as easy as humanly possible by dragging the two worst players of the season along with him. Still, he could lose to Azah in the final part and be left in the jury. That would be hilarious. 

Not the best season of BB ever by a long shot. Arguably it's one of the worst to watch. We pretty much knew who the targets were and what the vote would be from one week to the next. It was well-played by the Cookout as a group, but a mess by most of the individual players, even those within the Cookout. Tiffany and Hannah made moves that favored the Cookout over their own games and left Xavier in the game to get the win while condemning themselves to the jury. It worked out great for Derek and Azah who were able to cruise to the end without doing much. Kyland wasted several opportunities to get out Xavier and then found himself in the jury while Xavier had an easy path to the finale. 

A basic rule to play Big Brother is to look around and figure out who's most likely to win. Then get rid of them. Thanks to Kyland's endless one-on-one sessions with every houseguest when he was HOH we know that from very early on the other houseguests all knew Xavier would win. They had chances to take him out and they never did. When you know someone will win and you leave them in the house, you deserve to lose. Smart players will even kill off someone within their alliance if they know they're a threat. (Matt Hoffman in season 12 being a prime example.) The Cookout had multiple opportunities to take out Xavier and still guarantee a black winner but failed to do so, and now Xavier will likely win. (Though I'm still pulling for Azah to eke out the win.)

We have a show tonight! On tonight's show, we'll see at least part of part one of the final HOH comp. (Probably all of it and then a teaser for part two.) We'll get some chatter about voting out Kyland and how well he took it. (Ha! The big baby!) And not a whole lot more. Nothing much is happening in the house these days. Then we get the finale on Wednesday. I won't be sad to see this season end.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 09/26/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I stopped watching when Claire was evicted. However I still watch the YouTube recaps and of course Gardenman's  fabulous blog. The one thing we can all agree on is his blog is fair, entertaining and enjoyable. Why Derek didn't learn that you have to prepare physically for challenges as they don't tailor them to anyone ( the height challenged guy who kept getting hit in the nuts can attest to) from his dad who spent his life training for physical challenges is beyond me. I want Azah for the win just to stir the pot.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

I don't think any of the CO want BigD to win and be the representative for POC.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never stopped watching this season and listen to lots of  podcasts. Honestly, though, it's been a bit of chore watching these final three. Still, I think back on other seasons and it's always the same. It was a chore watching Cody, Enzo, and Nicole. Same for Michie, Holly, and Nicole A. Even Tyler, Kaycee, and Angela (who I loved on the show) were like an over-the-counter aid for insomnia for most of those last couple weeks. It's the nature of the beast. Personally, I think the end game is dragged out for an unnecessarily long amount of time. Is it dragged out or drug out? Drug has a weird connotation but dragged out could mean something very different depending on who you're talking to. Anyway, it's too darn long by at least a couple of weeks and it's a somewhat bad ending to what I feel was an excellent season with a great cast (minus a couple, but all-in-all a very good cast). I think a lot of people would prefer to see the finale tonight instead waiting around for Wednesday. 

Hmmm...do I agree that G'man's posts are entertaining and enjoyable? I'll need to think about it. Jk, of course I agree! However, and this time I'm serious, I'm not sure what was meant by fair so I looked it up. Basically, for what would seem to apply here, it means following the rules or standards, or without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage. The posts do follow the rules so, yes, and I'm not sure what advantage one would want to achieve without being an actual player or putting money on the game so, again, yes. 

If what was actually meant was unbiased then, no, I don't agree. And I don't mean that in a critical or shady way because, imo, every one here, including me, posts with a bias. Anyone who watches the game for weeks on end, forms any type of emotional attachment to the players, or forms an opinion about something going on in the game is probably going to be biased. It's only natural. So then, it just becomes a matter of adjusting for it which is easy enough--especially if you're a die-hard, slightly very opinionated fan, lol.

That said, I thoroughly enjoy reading these posts. I look forward to them every season as well as being able to interact with G'man and all the BB fans. It's one of the things I miss the most when the season ends.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"A basic rule to play Big Brother is to look around and figure out who's most likely to win. Then get rid of them." @gardenman 

Seems pretty obvious, right? Smiley Very Happy

It seems Kyland's family was embarrassed enough by his exit that they issued a statement saying that unfortunately Ky's emotions got the best of him, that hopefully he will learn from what he did and apologize. Thing is, that wasn't spur of the moment or off the cuff. He had been practicing what he said for days. He also went on to say Big D is a better rep for the CO than Tiffany which is hilarious. His exit interviews were really bad. Wait 'till the jury informs him they wish they could have voted for Tiff to win. That will be a nice little wake up call.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Yeah, flushing someone who everyone knows will win is pretty basic stuff, but they seldom do it. Kyland did multiple long interviews with everyone and pretty much everyone told him Xavier would win, so Kyland saving Xavier instead of giving him the boot was stupid. Then Xavier flushed Kyland. Duh!

Based on the jury house video of the jurors seeing their messages from home, it looks like Tiffany has gotten over her SB hatred. They're sitting side-by-side and holding hands during the videos and it doesn't look forced or unnatural. Things might heat up a bit between them post-show when SB sees how Tiffany talked about her in-game, but for now they seem good.

Xavier thinks Alyssa and Christian will be the stars of BB 23. Uh, no. He doesn't think America likes Tiffany. Yeah. He doesn't have a great read on America and BB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

You could tell by Kyland's comments in the DR and to the camera that he was playing up to an audience. In the way that they do when hoping to be America's Favorite Houseguest or whatever they call it. It only took a few moments to wipe out all that manipulative hard work.

Esteemed Contributor

I like hearing that Tiff and SB are good with each other and I hope it stays that way. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't like it when players fight. I know it's not as exciting but I prefer for them to get along and entertain us with nightly games, acting out being lawyers with clients, beauty pageants, etc., so this season was right up my alley. I know it's not for everyone though. Some of you love the chaos. Smiley Happy

For as smart as he is X doesn't have a good read on what's going on outside the house but to be fair he has been locked up for almost 12 weeks. Although, he doesn't seem to fully understand everything that happened in the house either. Maybe Big D has convinced him that the CO actually was his idea.

You may not know this yet but Big D has a really, really bad read on what's what. Lol, jk...I couldn't resist (insert my best villain laugh here). That poor, delusional guy.  :smileyvery-happy:

Honored Contributor

A boring show tonight. Just highlights of the three finalists and then part one of the comp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!