Honored Contributor

09/25/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The end is here! It now seems nearly certain that if Turner wins part three, he'll take Monte. If Monte wins part three, he'll take Taylor, so our winner will be Monte or Taylor. (Though I'd prefer Turner and he has a reasonable argument but a woke jury not voting for the black player is unlikely.) 

Taylor has been rehearsing her speech in case she makes the final two and she's really playing up the victim aspect. She'll claim she had to overcome Kyle's racism (which doesn't exist) and much, much more. It's an interesting speech, but one that could backfire on her as much of it is fabricated on lies. Still, it will take a ballsy jury not to vote for her to be the first black woman to win BB. (I almost hope she does so we can finally end that narrative. Maybe we can finally get back to just playing BB instead of having a cause each year. (Well, we'd still have to have the first black/minority transgender player win, but after that maybe we could finally just get back to playing the game.)

We have a two-hour finale tonight but 90+% of it we already know. We know who won parts one and two. We know who each of the final two will likely take with them if they win part three. We know the jury questions as they largely reuse the same ones each year and have them written down for the jury. The good old days when the jury questioned the houseguests on their own for hours in the days before the finale were better as the final two (or three) really squirmed afterward. They all came away convinced the jury hated them. These days the questions are all scripted and pre-approved by BB. We pretty much know that Taylor will win AFP (though reports indicate Kyle is coming on strong in the voting.) Kyle winning would be funny. I doubt CBS would allow it though. Production reserves the right to invalidate any votes they want to in the voting process, and they'd be apt to decide to invalidate many of Kyle's votes.

So, it all ends tonight. We may hear if CBS has plans for a winter BB, or another BBOTT, but they aren't casting for one, so probably not. Another BBOTT to compete against the World Cup Soccer in November/December would make some sense, and CBS uses BB to counter Olympic programming, but they may not consider the World Cup a big ratings threat. BB 25 is in the casting/planning stages already and BB won its time slot every night until it came up against the NFL, so it'll be back next summer. (Starting the season earlier and ending it before the NFL season starts would be a lot smarter for CBS.) 

It's been an interesting season of BB. Far from the best, but not one of the worst either. Just largely predictable. The season was largely set up for Monte or Taylor to get the win. Monte probably deserves it more, but Taylor will probably get it if she's in the final two. I'd like to see them flip the script for BB 25. All new comps would be nice. Throw in an extra comp/event for the live feed watchers on a Tuesday that we could see live. It wouldn't have to be a game-changer, just something to get them moving and doing something. Maybe a $500 prize for finding something BB hides or changes in the house. Lock them all in the HOH room then make a very subtle change and unleash the houseguests to try and find it. Maybe don't tell them what the prize is and possibly include something like a slop pass, cash, an extra POV, etc. Just give them something else to do than lie around and killing time until Thursday each week.

So, the season ends tonight. The post-show interviews will go live tomorrow. The final three get locked up overnight for their media availability tomorrow then everyone gets turned loose and back into the wild. Most will fade into obscurity and go back to a normal life having had their moment in the spotlight. I don't think anyone ruined their life or greatly enhanced their life this year. It was a so-so season without any real breakout stars.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: 09/25/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman wrote:

The end is here! It now seems nearly certain that if Turner wins part three, he'll take Monte. If Monte wins part three, he'll take Taylor, so our winner will be Monte or Taylor. (Though I'd prefer Turner and he has a reasonable argument but a woke jury not voting for the black player is unlikely.) 

Taylor has been rehearsing her speech in case she makes the final two and she's really playing up the victim aspect. She'll claim she had to overcome Kyle's racism (which doesn't exist) and much, much more. It's an interesting speech, but one that could backfire on her as much of it is fabricated on lies. Still, it will take a ballsy jury not to vote for her to be the first black woman to win BB. (I almost hope she does so we can finally end that narrative. Maybe we can finally get back to just playing BB instead of having a cause each year. (Well, we'd still have to have the first black/minority transgender player win, but after that maybe we could finally just get back to playing the game.)

We have a two-hour finale tonight but 90+% of it we already know. We know who won parts one and two. We know who each of the final two will likely take with them if they win part three. We know the jury questions as they largely reuse the same ones each year and have them written down for the jury. The good old days when the jury questioned the houseguests on their own for hours in the days before the finale were better as the final two (or three) really squirmed afterward. They all came away convinced the jury hated them. These days the questions are all scripted and pre-approved by BB. We pretty much know that Taylor will win AFP (though reports indicate Kyle is coming on strong in the voting.) Kyle winning would be funny. I doubt CBS would allow it though. Production reserves the right to invalidate any votes they want to in the voting process, and they'd be apt to decide to invalidate many of Kyle's votes.

So, it all ends tonight. We may hear if CBS has plans for a winter BB, or another BBOTT, but they aren't casting for one, so probably not. Another BBOTT to compete against the World Cup Soccer in November/December would make some sense, and CBS uses BB to counter Olympic programming, but they may not consider the World Cup a big ratings threat. BB 25 is in the casting/planning stages already and BB won its time slot every night until it came up against the NFL, so it'll be back next summer. (Starting the season earlier and ending it before the NFL season starts would be a lot smarter for CBS.) 

It's been an interesting season of BB. Far from the best, but not one of the worst either. Just largely predictable. The season was largely set up for Monte or Taylor to get the win. Monte probably deserves it more, but Taylor will probably get it if she's in the final two. I'd like to see them flip the script for BB 25. All new comps would be nice. Throw in an extra comp/event for the live feed watchers on a Tuesday that we could see live. It wouldn't have to be a game-changer, just something to get them moving and doing something. Maybe a $500 prize for finding something BB hides or changes in the house. Lock them all in the HOH room then make a very subtle change and unleash the houseguests to try and find it. Maybe don't tell them what the prize is and possibly include something like a slop pass, cash, an extra POV, etc. Just give them something else to do than lie around and killing time until Thursday each week.

So, the season ends tonight. The post-show interviews will go live tomorrow. The final three get locked up overnight for their media availability tomorrow then everyone gets turned loose and back into the wild. Most will fade into obscurity and go back to a normal life having had their moment in the spotlight. I don't think anyone ruined their life or greatly enhanced their life this year. It was a so-so season without any real breakout stars.

Just my two cents.... Being "woke" doesn't mean automatically picking a person of color. I hope they'll decide based on gameplay but most are young people who have minimal life experience and don't appear to be strong critical thinkers. 

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Just wanted to say thank you for your insights and updates.

I'm bored with BB since it became more of a "cause" than one of game play.

Interestingly, I started watching Survivor and within first hour same started -- guess it's not about "surviving" anymore!

As for Taylor what a shame she prostituted herself just to be a winner -- hope the jury is smarter but I doubt it!  Monte played her like a fiddle IMO.  I certainly hope Turner wins but we know that's not gonna happen.. Sad

Valued Contributor

"she prostituted herself"

Wow, did anyone say that about Alyssa?  She did the same thing and then dumped the guy when it looked like he was going to be evicted.  I certainly wish next season's posts will be a little more kind to the houseguests.  This year has been brutal.  

That's all I got to say.  I personally enjoyed the earlier Seasons with Rachel Reilly, Dan, Dr. Will, all the greats.  It has gotten a bit boring and needs to have some new blood production wise.  Gardenman, you have some good ideas.  Can you submit them some way?  Well I'm still for Taylor but have a feeling it may be Monte now. At least she is in the running for favorite player. See you next season and thanks to Gardenman for all your updates.

Regular Contributor

Thank you @gardenman for hosting. I appreciate your dedication to a rather dismal season.  I enjoy reading the posts daily...probably more than watching.  They really do need to revamp the show. It has gotten tedious and ridiculous.

I would like to see Turner win.  

Honored Contributor

Julie looks nice tonight. A red shortish dress. (I may be about nine minutes behind as the NFL ran a few minutes late here. I don't know if the rest of the country started on time or not.) And we start out with part one of the HOH where they hug spinning hot dogs. Taylor's first off.  Turner talks about his spinning issues. (They speed up the video to make it look harder. ) It's not like BB to invest in giant fiberglass hot dogs, so we'll likely see this comp again at some point. Monty flies off and Turner wins! (But we've known that since Thursday night/early Friday morning.) Part two up next. Time for the first break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And we're back! Part two of the HOH comp. They have to put the right names for HOH and POV comps in order while ziplining back and forth. Taylor got them all right the first time.  Monte goes in order from first to last which was a little faster for him. Taylor was more random. Monte realizes he got one wrong and fixes it. And the times are 7:04 for Taylor and 6:41 for Monte. Monte wins part two! Turner is sure they'll take each other. Taylor is devastated. Taylor needs Monte to win part three to take her. Turner thinks his ancient final two deal with Monte is still intact. (It's only good on Turner's part.) Monte says he choose who to take if he wins part three, but thinks Taylor would be easier to beat. Time for another break. Jury chat up next.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Jury roundtable time. And in comes Brittany. Dr. Will says it's a solid final three. Why should Turner win. Everyone laughs. Then talk about Leftovers and him always having friends. They say Turner doesn't own his moves. He'd fall asleep during strategy meetings. Joe makes a case for Taylor over Turner. Brittany reminds them of Taylor's chaotic HOH reign. Taylor got people to do the dirty work for her. Monte only on the block once. Monte was a huge threat but never hit the block. They let him slide by. (Well, duh!)  Brittany thinks Monte's overconfident. End of the jury roundtable. Part three of HOH coming up next. Time for another break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Taylor played the VICTIM all season she also played many of the other contestants.I hope Turner wins it all,and she loses it all.I can't see her being America's favorite.Taylor needs to leave kyle alone,her racists comment "I wont put a black girl,up for eviction".What would be said if Alyssa said the same comment about a white girl?She was rude,mean,and seem to get extra privileges than the others.I will record it and watch it later.thanks again gardenman. tucka.

Honored Contributor

And we're back. Q&A time for part three.Jury-fest videos. Pick the false statement. Both get first question right. (Ugh! Jasmine's DR voice annoys me.) Both get question two right. Both get question three right. Both get question four right. Both get question five right. Turner gets question six wrong. Both get question seven wrong. Monte gets it right and wins part three. Goodbye Turner and write the check out for Taylor.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!