Honored Contributor

09/23/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

In something of an upset, Turner won part one of the three-part HOH comp. And it was the spinning, hang onto the rope comp. Probably the one where they spin them around and they bump into something. Hot dogs and assorted cookout whatnots were involved. Turner had said all season he'd be bad at that comp, but he got the win! Go Turner!

Taylor reportedly fell after taking the first hit, so she may have thrown the comp assuming Monte would win it.  In many seasons the first physical comp gets thrown as the players want to save themselves physically for part two. Getting exhausted and beat to a pulp and then having to compete for part two if you lose part one is not ideal, so a lot of players will throw part one and then go one-on-one with someone for part two.

Monte could have/should have been able to outlast Turner, but he's pretty confident Turner will take him, so once Taylor fell, he may have opted out to be able to better compete in part two knowing Turner will take him if Turner wins the third part.

So, part two will take place today or tomorrow and either Taylor or Monte will win that. Then it all comes down to part three to see who takes Monte to the end. Both Taylor and Turner seem inclined to do so, though Taylor could opt to take Turner. They (Taylor/Turner) had a "no one in the jury likes me" comparison on jury votes to try and convince the other one that they'd have no chance in the final two while quietly hoping they'd win. Expect to see that a lot as the final three all try to convince one another that taking them to the end makes the most sense.

The one good thing in last night's show was watching Joe learn that Taylor and Monte were now sleeping together. Alas, poor Joe. Left to linger in the jury house while the love of his life (not really) is sleeping with the enemy. I have no idea how that will affect his jury vote. One of those two will be in the finale and will their shenanigans cost them Joe's vote? One of the subplots for Sunday's show.

We have a show tonight. It's the typical "Do you remember when?" recap show where the houseguests who weren't involved and often don't even know something happened "remember" it to set up some leftover clips that never made it on the air. Yeah. Not a great show. They'll show us the start of the HOH comp also, then give the old "Tune in Sunday to see the outcome," voiceover. If you're really bored, give it a watch. I won't be that bored.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 09/23/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Definitely won't be watching the recap show. I hate them.

Honored Contributor

Assuming Monte wins part two, he may let Turner win part three knowing Turner will take him. That way he won't lose Taylor's vote if he chooses Turner instead of her, or does he plan to choose her?

Honored Contributor

My gut says Monte takes Turner. He's telling Taylor he'll take her, but he knows the "no black woman has won BB" narrative and knows the women all wanted a girl winner. He's not a girl so taking Turner will seem like the safest option for him. If a mostly white jury doesn't vote for Monte, he (and they) know that they'll be accused of racism. "Monte played the best game and deserved to win!" Societal pressure is big in the BB game these days, and this is a pretty "woke" group of houseguests. 

Turner knows the whole "no black woman has won BB" narrative also and will know he has little chance against Taylor because of that. She'll have Brittany and Michael's votes for sure. Turner burned Jasmine's vote badly on multiple occasions. Alyssa still harbors a big grudge against Turner. That's four votes against Turner and with Joe, Indy, Monte, Terrance, and Kyle's votes up for grabs, it's not good for Turner. Turner has a shot at getting Kyle, and Terrance. Though Terrance will feel a lot of pressure to vote for Taylor. AS will Monte. Joe was a duo with Taylor for part of the game so Turner can't count on his vote. Indy was a solid "a girl must win" player. It's not a good situation for Turner no matter what. He's pretty much screwed no matter who he takes.

Taylor probably wins against anyone but has to get to the final two and I don't think either guy will take her. She's got Michael and Brittany's votes pretty much locked in. The whole "a girl has to win" and the "no black woman winner, we can make history" narrative favor her a lot. If she gets there, she'll probably win. If she's up against Turner, the jury will be afraid of being labeled racist/sexist if they don't vote for her. He hasn't vastly outplayed her all season to justify voting for him over her, so he's in trouble there. If she's up against Monte, she'll use the girl power, black woman narrative to get votes. If the girls vote for her and Michael doesn't flip, she wins. Despite his friendship with Turner, Kyle may feel obligated to vote for a black player to prove he's not truly racist. 

My gut still says Monte wins, but he has to be up against Turner to pull it off. Taking Taylor is taking the loss. In my opinion anyway. She has the best narrative going into the finale and if you want to win, you don't take Taylor. If you want to "make history" (and Monte might) you take Taylor knowing she'll win and be the first black woman winner of BB. The reason there hasn't been one is more due to the caliber of black women cast than racism. Taylor wasn't a great player, but she's been miles better than most they've cast in the past. We'll have to see what happens, but my money, if I was stupid enough to gamble on BB, would still be on Monte winning. It's pretty much been there since early on in the game. Taylor has the next best chance. Turner, well, yeah. He's in a bad spot.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I believe Turner knows he can't win against either Taylor or Monte, but being second is a lot better than third. Turner will be happy with second, but even happier if he's chosen as favorite. Unfortunately, Taylor has an overabundance of supporters who will vote for her. Too bad we can't vote for most disliked, or even least favorite.

Trusted Contributor

Last two seasons have been sort of "touchy" for CBS, so I feel they will lose a lot of viewers because of the way they handled things.  This current season has not been very interesting (TO ME), for several reasons.  Some aspects of it were cringe worthy at best.  I've watched every season so far, but things are beginning to get too strained for me.

Honored Contributor

If Turner wins part three, he'll look back at his vote to evict Alyssa as costing him the top place. She'd still likely be there and the perfect person to take to the final two. Taylor would have gone instead of Alyssa. Monte still would have likely voted out Brittany after winning the POV. Turner would have the perfect person to take to the final two in Alyssa. She won no comps. Is the same race. And would be the perfect person to take. Instead he was Monte's lapdog and kept Monte's new girlfriend instead of his friend and ally. It was a dumb move at the time and looks even dumber now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

If Turner wins part three, he'll look back at his vote to evict Alyssa as costing him the top place. She'd still likely be there and the perfect person to take to the final two. Taylor would have gone instead of Alyssa. Monte still would have likely voted out Brittany after winning the POV. Turner would have the perfect person to take to the final two in Alyssa. She won no comps. Is the same race. And would be the perfect person to take. Instead he was Monte's lapdog and kept Monte's new girlfriend instead of his friend and ally. It was a dumb move at the time and looks even dumber now.

These have not been the smartest BB players.  Seems like they've all made a lot of dumb moves.  I do hope they stop the evicting as a house, too predictable.

Regular Contributor

Big brother should change the way they announce the vote for eviction.  If they just say person x is evicted and not give the vote count, then people would feel more comfortable voting the way that they want and not with the house.  It probably would not pervent it totally but certainly would make a difference,  More people would vote they way that they truly want to.

Respected Contributor

I believe my comment after Turner did not vote to evict Taylor was that he just lost the game because of that vote.