Honored Contributor

09/19/2023 Big Brother 25 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

As expected, the POV was used yesterday to save Cory, and Cameron was put up in his place. Cameron joked later that he was surprised they were going to all of that trouble just to get rid of America. (He knows he's a goner, and America is very safe.)

Felicia continues to gather data on why she was almost voted out and who was responsible. She's now joined the anti-Cirie/Jared group of the house, and those two are the clear targets in the double unless Cirie wins HOH. The house is united on who the next two nominees are.

The yard will be closed today so they can build the variety of comps needed for Thursday. There will be an HOH comp, a POV comp, and another HOH comp. Other than Jared freaking out, things should go smoothly in the double. Everyone, at least for now, seems to be on the same page. It's just a question of who gets to pull the trigger. (Assuming Cirie doesn't win HOH and about the only way she'd win would be if the questions were "What happened on Cirie's four seasons of Survivor?")

The second HOH comp on Thursday will create a bit more chaos. Whoever survives between Cirie/Jared will be the likely target (assuming one of them goes in the double.) Cirie may throw herself on the grenade to keep Jared in the game. If Jared survives (Cirie sacrifices herself or Jared wins POV) expect him to kill himself to win the second HOH. Everyone in the house would be his target then. Jag, who is organizing the anti-Cirie campaign, might climb to the top of his hit list. That could be interesting. I suspect they'll try to get Jared out this week to prevent that from happening. If Jared goes this week, expect Blue to come clean about the Jared/Cirie relationship to try and keep the target on Cirie as given her closeness to Jared she'd be a natural person to put up alongside Cirie.

The POV comp in the double is often some version of the clown shoe comp that Jeff lost way back when. That favors the more physical players so Jared or Matt might have the best shot.

Things should stay quiet today and tomorrow without the typical flip-flopping of this season. There's no momentum to get rid of America instead of Cameron that I've seen. Any chatter about that will be driven by the DR. 

I anticipate whoever leaves in the double not being truly gone. This is the ideal time to start building the pool for the battle back. Add two players to the pool this week, one more next week, and one the week after and you only have to house the four for a total of three weeks then one goes back in and the rest get either released or moved to the jury house. With Cameron, Jared, and Cirie in trouble this week it makes sense for production to try and save them. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 09/19/2023 Big Brother 25 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Gardenman, is there any indication that production pays attention to the will of the viewers?

For example, if nearly all viewers said they can't watch because of Cirie would production stop supporting her?

If one player is endangered but a fan favorite would that influence production interference?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Regular Contributor

I really want Cameron to stay, and I think this was a bad move to put him up.  If he stays long enough to possibly make it to the end, anyone up against him will win.  They don't like him....I can't see anyone voting for him to win.  You have a better shot against Cameron than Matt (because he is so likeable).  I guess when you are in the house, it's so much harder than being on the outside looking in.

And why oh why do they keep couples/duos in this game????  Haven't they ever watched this show before?  LOL

And keeping Bowie and Meme might bite them all....they could come on strong going forward and one just might win this thing.

You always want to keep a target in the house that more people want out to take the target off of you.....oh Jared....

Thanks for your update (as always)!!

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Gardenman, is there any indication that production pays attention to the will of the viewers?

For example, if nearly all viewers said they can't watch because of Cirie would production stop supporting her?

If one player is endangered but a fan favorite would that influence production interference?

They have in the past. In Big Brother eight BB gave Jessica the world's worst edit through the first few weeks of the show. The fanbase was more than a bit testy about that and BB relented and gave her a better edit afterward.

This is clearly the season of Cirie. They cast her, her son, her biggest online fan in Izzy, and a Survivor-related player in Cory. They don't cast people accidentally. It's not a bizarre coincidence that they cast who they cast. They let her skip the first round of nominations. This was planned. They want this to be the season of Cirie. The houseguests may have a different opinion though. They even cast an older player so Cirie wouldn't be the oldest houseguest and targeted as such. 

They assembled a cast that favored Cirie on a racial basis with five of the seventeen houseguests black compared to one Hispanic/Latino (America, the houseguest not the country,) and one Asian (Blue.) The racial makeup of America (the country not the houseguest) is reportedly 18.9% Hispanic/Latino, 12.6% black, and 5.9% Asian. The makeup of the houseguests is 29% black, 5.8% Hispanic/Latino, and 5.8% Asian. Not all that reflective of how America looks.

They did everything possible to set up Cirie for the win. Will they relent and let her go without a fight? Eh, maybe. We'll have to see. They may feel they've gotten what they wanted from her. The show has won its time slot consistently. They may not have a choice if the houseguests choose to vote Cirie out. I don't see Cirie winning a battle back. She's not a fan favorite at this point. She's middle of the pack in the fan polling and fading. I suspect they won't have a choice but to let her slip away despite their best efforts to keep her. We'll have to see.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kallena 

Pretty much everyone in the house is a couple/duo this year. Jag/Matt, Cirie/Jared, Blue/Jared, Cory/America, Mecole/Felicia, Felicia/Matt, Red/Cameron, Jag/Blue, Cirie/Izzy, Izzy/Matt, Izzy/Jag, and more. It's a complicated house this year. Who the heck isn't in a duo with someone? Bowie? She's kind of in a duo with Cameron. It's a very messy house.

Keeping a target makes sense as long as the house keeps that person the target and they don't target you. There's always a new target to come along. By this time next week, the house will have decided someone's horrible and must go.

I still think Mecole/Meme is the favorite to win the game. (Matt's just behind her though.) Her path gets a bit more complicated if Cirie goes. The Brown Sugar Babes alliance could lose two members in the next week leaving just Mecole/Meme and Felicia in the house. That's not ideal for Mecole/Meme. 

BB always wants a "first-time winner" so Matt (first deaf player,) Jag (first Sikh player,) and Cirie (first Survivor player) are those most likely to get "help" from production. Cory (nerd), America (Hispanic/Latino), and Blue (Asian,) those groups have all had winners before, so BB won't help them much and will probably work to ensure they don't win. Bowie (first Australian player) might have a shot at getting help also. Bowie would need a lot of help though. Cameron isn't really a "first" in anything, so he's expendable. His hook is he's a dad. We've had dads win before, so goodbye Cameron. Jared's just there to protect Cirie. In a stretch, they could argue he's the first son of a Survivor player to win BB, but that would be a stretch. Felicia could be the first senior to win BB. But her winning would be a longshot now.

Big Brother is a TV show first and a competition second. Production always wants a "first" they can brag about. Matt, Jag, Cirie, maybe Bowie, and Felicia, could be their "firsts" this year. We'll have to see. I still like where Mecole/Meme's game is, but she's not truly a first (newlywed?) so she'll have to earn it. You're not just playing against the other houseguests in Big Brother. You're also playing against production and who they want to win. If you're not who they want to win, you're in all kinds of trouble. You can win despite it all, but it's not as easy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm a little surprised that this far into the game no one, especially Felicia, has noticed the strong resemblance between Cirie and Jared. They have the exact same nose, same eyes, same skin tone. Expect the unexpected.

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308 , I mentioned the same thing to my sister yesterday!  Cirie and her son look exactly alike, in my opinion!  With them being so chummy in the house and looking alike, I cannot fathom why/how someone has not figured them out yet!!  Oh well!!

Regular Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I'm a little surprised that this far into the game no one, especially Felicia, has noticed the strong resemblance between Cirie and Jared. They have the exact same nose, same eyes, same skin tone. Expect the unexpected.

Me too!!!  When they are side by side, you can really see it.  But maybe I see it because we know the secret.  He reallllllly looks like his mom though.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Respected Contributor

I think I started watching this show years ago because it comes on at a time of year when there isn’t a lot on tv I want to watch. When I did not see feeds I liked it better because I did not realize how horrible these people are. Just watching the show really does not give you the real deal on these people’s character. I despise Cory the most. The rest are tied for second. I wish Cam and Red could come back and win it all but that is not realistic.
Occasional Contributor

I thought for sure when Cirie screamed "Way to go BABY" when Jared won HOH this time someone would figure it out ???