Super Contributor

Re: 09/16/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@kjw 

Yeah, CBS wanted a black winner. BB Canada had a black winner so CBS wanted one. They typically cast hopelessly bad black players, but this year found four good black players. (Azah and Derek are more the caliber of black player they'd typically cast.) In a normal season with a normal cast, any of those four could have won.  CBS wanted to be sure one won so they sort of stacked the deck a bit. It is what it is. 

@gardenman 

You know someone at CBS who let you in on this? 

Stacking the deck must mean something different to you than to me because, to me, the definition of stacking the deck is ~

"to arrange a situation unfairly against someone or in your own favor."

Not sure how 6 against 8 is stacking the deck or how it was unfair. As for casting we know that the previous casting director was replaced this year and, if anything, would account for the reason they finally got a good cast. 

It must be very difficult walking into a room and thinking you are the  smartest  one in the crowd. .

Honored Contributor

The feeds came back sooner than expected and Xavier is apparently the new HOH as he's in the HOH room. Xavier will get the honor of cutting Azah loose then.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@kjw 

Yeah, CBS wanted a black winner. BB Canada had a black winner so CBS wanted one. They typically cast hopelessly bad black players, but this year found four good black players. (Azah and Derek are more the caliber of black player they'd typically cast.) In a normal season with a normal cast, any of those four could have won.  CBS wanted to be sure one won so they sort of stacked the deck a bit. It is what it is. 

@gardenman 

You know someone at CBS who let you in on this? 

Stacking the deck must mean something different to you than to me because, to me, the definition of stacking the deck is ~

"to arrange a situation unfairly against someone or in your own favor."

Not sure how 6 against 8 is stacking the deck or how it was unfair. As for casting we know that the previous casting director was replaced this year and, if anything, would account for the reason they finally got a good cast. 

It must be very difficult walking into a room and thinking you are the  smartest  one in the crowd. .

I don't think that's a fair assessment. He had an opinion and voiced it. I just wondered if maybe G'man had an "in" at CBS to make such a bold statement. Since there was no answer I would have to imagine that's not the case. No worries...we all have opinions. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

After the dust settles, it wouldn't surprise me if the other cookout players say something like "ouch, I gave up $750k and let Xavier win?  What was I thinking."  Because he certainly will not share his prize money with the other cookout members....or was that the deal all along?   Vote for me Xavier and I'll give you a cut of the money.  No, it was not.  Giving up $750k regardless of your ethnicity is going to bite. And because they chose to play a race based game, Claire and not any of the cookout members will win America's Choice for $75k....because she showed teary eyed and heartfelt woke compassion on a national platform.  In fact, pretty sure she could run for public office now and win.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yep, it's gotta bite for all fourteen who didn't win. I'd say even for #15 who's poised to win 75K--that's a lot less than 750K. On the other hand, to think you're guaranteed the winning prize in any season, is wishful thinking as we only have one winner for each season. 

Honored Contributor

There were a lot of players nicely positioned to win at certain points in the game. There were some very questionable moves made at times. Not taking out Xavier on the multiple opportunities they had will haunt most of them for a while.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
New Contributor

I agree.  While watching the show last night, I was thinking Clair, Sarah Beth and Tiffany will regret not getting rid of X and Ky.  Tiffany was so focused getting to final six that she couldn't see past that to her detriment.