Honored Contributor

09/12/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And the beat goes on, and on, and on. Yesterday saw the POV comp get played and it was BB Comics. (No surprise there.) They didn't have the zipline (gee I wonder why?) and instead had a balance beam they had to walk across. Apparently, it's easier to find a heavy beam to hold up Derek's weight than a zipline. (They may have had a choice between the zipline and a balance beam?) Anyway, Kyland won (no surprise again.) Tiffany timed out as she couldn't sort out the pictures correctly. That's bad for Tiffany. Kyland's upset he didn't beat the all-time best time for the comp. (Oddly owned by Nicole Franzel. Go figure.)

They posed for photos in their costumes after the comp. Had a moment of silence for 9/11. (Likely prompted by production for TV purposes.) Tiffany assured us not to give up hope as she has a trick up her sleeve. (Uh, okay. Unless she tells Ky she's pregnant with Ky Jr. I'm not sure it'll matter. And depending on what they were doing under the covers, it's possible she's pregnant with Ky Jr. Talk about the ultimate wildcard.) 

She's apparently trying to win a vote from Azah in case she can't convince Ky to use the POV on her and Ky Jr as she had a heart-to-heart chat with Azah about their past differences (they hate each other) and how they need to stick together. Suffice to say Azah isn't buying what Tiffany's selling and will gladly vote her out on Thursday.

Hannah is planning to go to Kyland and beg him to use the POV on her and she'll be his undying ally to the end. (And why would he believe that?) Hannah has this fantasy of going to the end with Kyland and Xavier. She's more likely going out in the second half of the double eviction on Thursday. She does have a shot though. That should be an HOH comp where it's essentially her versus Xavier (assuming we get a normal level of competition from Derek and Azah.) She could win HOH in the double eviction and put up Azah and Derek. That would get her to the final four, but then she couldn't play in the next HOH comp and the three guys would give her the boot unless she won POV. (And the guys would vote out Azah over Derek.)

So, things should stay quiet today. Tiffany will pull whatever rabbit she thinks she has out of her hat to try and win Kyland's support. I don't expect it to work. (Maybe threaten to tell Sarah Beth what they'd been doing under the covers if she goes to the jury?) She just needs two votes to survive if Ky doesn't use the POV on her. So, she'd need votes from Derek (Ha!) Azah (Double ha!) or Xavier (uh, no) to survive. It's not a good week to be Tiffany. You have two people who have wanted you gone since around week two that you need support from and it might be a bit too late to change their minds. This looks like another cruise control week now until Thursday. 

We have a show tonight! If you're tired of the Cookout stuff, this might be a good night to watch Sunday Night Football instead as the show will be heavily featuring the Cookout celebrations. We'll see the aftermath of the double eviction. Then we'll see Kyland winning his HOH. Then we'll see Kyland putting up Hannah and Tiffany. I'm kind of curious how they themed the egg moving comp as a BB Comics-related comp. 

Tomorrow we'll get the POV meeting where the POV likely won't be used, much to the dismay of Hannah, Tiffany, and a potential Ky Jr. (Would Tiffany stoop so low? Eh, maybe? Desperate times call for desperate measures.) And then we'll just be hanging around waiting for the next double eviction on Thursday.

(As I type this Tiffany is promising to never lie to Kyland if he keeps her as she doesn't want to disappoint her son who's watching. Yeah, little Miss Honesty has lied all season, why stop now? Kyland's not buying it and asking her what she'd do if sent to the jury and she's stupidly saying she'd support him in the jury and encourage others to vote for him. Off to the jury she goes then. The Ky Jr lie might have been a better play on her part.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: 09/12/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Good update.

Let's not comment on Derek's weight though. Everyone has some issue and he just happens to be heavy. 

Valued Contributor

It's sad that they've changed the com ps to accommodate an obese man. When you sign up for BB, you are aware of what is expected of you. There is no Lay around being a Slug comp. Ugh! I don't know why I'm still watching.
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman  Since no one else in the house but the cookout was playing a race based game, Tiffany's chances are greatly diminished since she put all her eggs in one basket. 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 

Tiffany needed to be a comp beast to get farther in the game. She's better than Derek in comps and maybe Azah, but that leaves Kyland, Xavier, and Hannah as bigger comp threats. Derek and Azah are votes against Tiffany. Her only real ally is Hannah. This was a bad final six for her. She tried to get closer to Kyland, but that was a longshot.

She'd have been much better off in the old Royal Flush and a mixed race final six. She's known that Xavier has Kyland, Azah and Derek on his side. Not taking out Xavier or Kyland when they had the chance will cost them. It's hard to see a way one of those two doesn't win. Had the Royal Flush stayed together, Azah and Derek F would have been gone. That would have taken away two anti-Tiffany votes. Kyland and Xavier would have been big targets in the final six. Tiffany should have gotten to the top three or four at least in that case. If Kyland or Xavier had won HOH they'd have targeted the white Royal Flush members. Would she have won? You don't know, but she'd have gone farther.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's use the same adjectives to describe overweight WOMEN (or underweight like Azah.)

I NEVER would have noticed that The Cookout was all the same race......they just looked like a bunch of people to me.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

O

@Keybra wrote:

Let's use the same adjectives to describe overweight WOMEN (or underweight like Azah.)

I NEVER would have noticed that The Cookout was all the same race......they just looked like a bunch of people to me.

With all due respect if you didn't notice they were all black, you were blind.  The issue was whether some people thought it was racist.  I didn't think so.  They just wanted to see the first black winner which was fine with me. What irritated me was the fact that they are choosing to get rid of the women first. I find that a bit misogynistic.

Super Contributor

@GRANNY77    You are right... When it comes to skin color I am blind. Never had it be an "issue" for my entire life and my children don't notice either. Interesting that you and other people did notice ! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

@GRANNY77    You are right... When it comes to skin color I am blind. Never had it be an "issue" for my entire life and my children don't notice either. Interesting that you and other people did notice ! 

@Keybra,  just to set the record straight there is a LOT more to being Black than skin color.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

"Would she have won? You don't know, but she'd have gone farther." @gardenman 

To borrow a phrase from @GRANNY77 ~

With all due respect, we don't know that. You're talking about a hypothetical not reality. Using that method, one could just as easily say that had she stayed in the (fake) Royal Flush they could have turned on her exactly the way DX turned on Christian and she would have been the 1st in jury.

In fact--and the rest of my post is not directed to G'man in any way but simply a statement in general--if this season went as planned from week 1 by the white guy known as Frenchie the 1st person voted out would have been a poc. And not because Frenchie is racist but because he was one of the worst players in history. 

So should we say "YAY!" that would have been Kyland out of the way week 1 and now he's not the end? Not really, because if that had happened no one has even the slightest idea how things would have played out from there. No matter how many scenarios we dream up the fact is we don't know.

We don't know, for example, that having Ky voted out week 1 wouldn't have started a domino effect and the CO could have been voted out 1-6. It has been said that the best way to predict the future is look to the past. So the question is: who knows?

A: no one.

We could also say, since we're pulling scenarios from the sky, that Tiff being in the CO isn't why she's going home at F6 but rather how she got to F6. 

You might be saying, "but you said she's a great strategist." Yes, and I still do. If you haven't figured that out by now you either haven't been paying attention, don't watch feeds, or don't listen to enough BB commentary, lol. Tiffany is, by far, one of the best strategists ever to play the game. Unfortunately there's more to BB than strategy. Two areas where Tiff is lacking: the ability to win comps and luck. As well, Tiff has made some mistakes along the way. The biggest one being not putting Claire on the block with Alyssa. There's no way there was ever going to be a "girls" alliance and trying to keep Claire for F7 lost trust between Tiff and X as well as damaging Ky's ego by beating him in endurance. That, imo, is where her game went off the rails.

To sum it up, what I'm trying to say is that no one knows if Tiff had gone another way whether she would have gone further or whether she'd be lounging by the jury house pool today enjoying a martini. The one thing we know for sure is that Tiffany chose a path with the understanding that her conviction was stronger than her desire to go another way and she stayed true to the course. Whether someone else would have made another choice is irrelevant. This was her choice and she's been saying it since week one.

Honestly, I can't say I blame the guys for not wanting to sit next to her at F2  It's a gamble not many in their right mind would be willing to take.