Honored Contributor

09/11/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And as expected things went as planned yesterday. Kyland annoyed everyone with endless talks and nominated Tiffany and Hannah with Tiffany as the clear target. Barring a change in course, Tiffany will be a goner in the early eviction on Thursday and then followed out the door by Hannah or Azah as the icky girls get the boot. With the last of the girls destined to go on the following Thursday. 

The Derek, Kyland, Xavier trio looks destined to be the final three with Kyland planning to take Xavier. Xavier planning to take Derek. Derek planning to grab a snack and take a nap. The Cookout will then be a faded memory and whatever the heck they named their trio will be the real greatest alliance ever. At least until they have to boot one of them to get to the final two.

I was sorry to see Claire go as Dave's wife in "Dave's Weird Christmas," my latest short story, was named Claire. I had some love for Sarah Beth also as I always have a Sara/Sarah in every book. Alas, I have no main character named after any of the rest of the cast. 

So, no picking of the POV players today as there are just six people left and six compete. So they hop right into the comp today. Since this whole week is supposedly themed around "BB Comics" it's pretty safe to assume the POV comp is BB Comics. (No slip and slide this year? Pity. Maybe the next HOH comp?) If it's the typical BB Comics, it'll have them ziplining across the yard and spying BB Comics hanging on the wall that they then have to match up with a pile of BB comics laying nearby that look very similar, but have subtle differences. 

They spend much of their time running back to the beginning and climbing the ladder to zipline down again, and again, and again, to see what they missed each time and then finally hit the buzzer to ring in their time. Yeah, suffice to say that won't be Derek's comp to win. Ziplining, running, and ladder climbing aren't his strong suits. This is a comp ideal for Xavier and Kyland though, so expect one of them to win and keep the nominations the same. Anyone but Hannah or Tiffany will keep the nominations the same. Though if Kyland wins he may consider flipping someone out simply to cause chaos.

So, nothing much should happen until the POV comp. Then in all likelihood, the nominations will remain the same and we'll be killing time until Tiffany goes bye-bye on Thursday. She'll then be able to hold the door open for Hannah or Azah (probably Hannah since Azah cooks for the boys) and we'll be down to the final four. Then the following week Azah will get the boot and either Kyland or Xavier will win the final HOH and we can start looking forward to Celebrity Big Brother in January/February.

There are a lot of hours of shows to fill with Thursday's show being a two-hour one and a few Friday shows thrown in for good measure. Given that not much happens at this stage of the game, it's a challenge to get footage for even the normal shows, so it'll be interesting to see how they fill all of those hours. When you get down to this number of houseguests they mostly just find a corner and lie down and take it easy. BB may need to cattle prod them to get them up and doing something for footage.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: 09/11/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I am indeed upset if Derek gets second place in this game.   Azah or Derek do not deserve it.  Tiff deserved to be in the final 3 but no, vote the woman out because she is the least deserving right, guys?  Now we can look forward to Derek F going on every show and bragging how he was the mastermindbehind it and he will consider every offer that comes his way.   Wonder how his fellow houseguests are going to feel when they realize he is the son of Joe Frazier?

Anyway, I was going to give my America's favorite vote to Derek X but I've changed my mind.  It is now going to Claire who I think played this game gracefully and took it on the chin when she got voted out.  Hope she gets to play again.

And now we see a season of Celebrity BIG Brother in the winter.  YAY!!!  Wonder what this fiasco is going to be like.

Honored Contributor

There's a chance Derek could win if he got to the final two. Bitter juries aren't unheard of. Derek could do nothing and eke out the win if the jury has the wrong mindset. You never know what a jury will do.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

There's a chance Derek could win if he got to the final two. Bitter juries aren't unheard of. Derek could do nothing and eke out the win if the jury has the wrong mindset. You never know what a jury will do.

Don't think that's going to happen Gardenman.  We all know Xavier has got this game.  I don't know why these women didn't get Ky and Xavier out when they had the chances.  It was so obvious they were a duo to be reckoned with.  

Regular Contributor

After Allysa was voted out they all were saying things that I considered uncalled for.  Xavier who I've been rooting for, sat at the table and said something looking at the board if you're white you're out, pointing to each player voted out.  How is that not racist?  Their so called cause isn't all that noble to me now.  If there were 3 or 4 black players, would they still win?  Watching all the other seasons, I don't think any black player was voted out just because he's black.  

Honored Contributor

@GRANNY77 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Don't think that's going to happen Gardenman.  We all know Xavier has got this game.  I don't know why these women didn't get Ky and Xavier out when they had the chances.  It was so obvious they were a duo to be reckoned with.  

Yeah, I think Xavier has the win, but if things broke just right, and Xavier got voted out and it was Kyland versus Derek in the final two, it could get interesting. Kyland's not especially loved by the jury. Derek's done nothing, but he's also done little to alienate the jury. The challenge now is getting rid of Xavier. Azah has a crush on him and would vote out anyone over him. Derek and Kyland want him in the end. Even if Hannah/Tiffany survive this week, who could they put Xavier up against and flush him?

Xavier against Derek? Derek likely goes. Xavier against Kyland? Kyland goes. Xavier against Hannah? Hannah goes. Xavier against Azah? Azah goes. Xavier against Tiffany? Tiffany goes. You don't just need someone ballsy enough to put him up, but you need the vote/votes to evict him. I don't see the votes being there now. It was dumb to let him get this far and now they're largely stuck with him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I guess the problem is we see the whole picture and they only see parts of it.  Gardenman, you were right when you said Tiff should not have put Claire up and instead made an alliance of her, Claire and Hannah to go against Ky and X.  She might of even of gotten Azah to agree that the guys were getting too powerful and join the group but Tiff just saw that if she didn't put up Claire she would never make it to the end.   Well.....she isn't making it to the end anyway.  Bad decision..

Esteemed Contributor

Gone are the days of sitting on the edge of my seat hoping Paul wins the game only to hear "Congratulations Josh!" or holding my breath to hear that Tyler won only to hear "Congratulations Kaycee!" Not to take away from the wins of Josh and Kaycee but it's been a few seasons now that I've realized, for me, it's more about enjoying the season which I have very much. I've also enjoyed the entire cast with the possible exception of Frenchie. Yet even as I was rewatching some of the first episodes it was fun to see, once again, what a crazy player he was. 

I'm already resigned to Tiffany not getting to F2 which kind of leaves me feeling like whoever it comes down to is fine with me. If Big D wins I'm adopting the French expression "c'est la vie." 

Apparently, rather than complaining, it helps in accepting that things don't always go as planned and to just get on with it... which sounds good to me. Will it work? I'll have to back to you on that! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

There have been 26 seasons of BB (23 regular BB, 2 celebrity, and BBOTT) and in only two of those seasons has my favorite won (BB11 and BBOTT). I thought Josh winning was hilarious, but he wasn't my favorite. You just accept whoever wins and move on.

Last year it was clear from very early on that it was Cody's season. This year it's Xavier's unless something changes. The house could/should flush him, but they probably won't.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree @gardenman. X is probably this year's winner and I'm okay with that. Not that it would matter if I wasn't, lol!

Anyway, I super happy that we're getting a Celebrity BB in the near future. There's always something to look forward to. Smiley Happy