Trusted Contributor

Re: 09/09/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@tucka 

None of the rules were dismissed for the CO, who btw, were not the only ones singing. The reason for no singing is because most songs they sing are copyrighted and to use them means CBS would have to pay a fine for using them without authorization. The songs you heard had no copyright as they were written by the houseguests themselves. Did you really think they just happened to know of songs called "I'm on the block again" "Sleeping on the Couch All Day by Big D & the boys" and "Welcome to Big Brother by The Backyard Crew?" Smiley Very Happy

As for dancing, there has never been any kind of rule against it.

You can be pleased that there will be sympathy votes for Claire because, as much as you seem to believe otherwise, the hgs really do like her a lot. No one is going to freak out if she wins afh, in fact, many would be very happy for her.

perhaps we have a real talented group who magically can write songs?sure we do, come on b.b. gave them the script and they sung it.I know about the copyrite thing ,remember I have watched this show from day one.Tucka.

Respected Contributor

I don't consider myself a fan. I watch the show. I'm not happy with the way most seasons end. I usually don't like most contestants. When you think about it, what type of character is able to detach themselves from their family, their job, their community for three months? Usually it's people who would be paid more by being on BB than their everyday job, and don't mind if they don't have that job to come back to, and those looking to showcase themself or springboard to future endeavors. 

I'm sure CBS will continue to churn out season after season. But I know its becoming more difficult, even now with more down time, to continue wanting to commit three nights a week. There's just so much programming out there anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucka wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@tucka 

None of the rules were dismissed for the CO, who btw, were not the only ones singing. The reason for no singing is because most songs they sing are copyrighted and to use them means CBS would have to pay a fine for using them without authorization. The songs you heard had no copyright as they were written by the houseguests themselves. Did you really think they just happened to know of songs called "I'm on the block again" "Sleeping on the Couch All Day by Big D & the boys" and "Welcome to Big Brother by The Backyard Crew?" Smiley Very Happy

As for dancing, there has never been any kind of rule against it.

You can be pleased that there will be sympathy votes for Claire because, as much as you seem to believe otherwise, the hgs really do like her a lot. No one is going to freak out if she wins afh, in fact, many would be very happy for her.

perhaps we have a real talented group who magically can write songs?sure we do, come on b.b. gave them the script and they sung it.I know about the copyrite thing ,remember I have watched this show from day one.Tucka.

In that case, @tucka , your comment about breaking the rules made zero sense as you would have realized there would be no rules against songs written by BB. No rules against the singing and no rules against the dancing.

You've said over and over that you don't get the feeds and I'm here to tell you that those of us who have know who wrote the songs as we've seen them do it over the course of many, many days and nights. I'm not sure how writing the words to Big Blue Couch and I'm On The Block Again would be considered magical or even particularly talented but, okay, if it helps ease your mind to think this group of people you seem so hell bent on disliking don't know how to make up a few lyrics then by all means have at it. Who knows, maybe they hired Ed Sheeran for the gig. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I like [not] how you come on and speak for me, first of all i didn't say I don't like them,perhaps you don't like the whiteplayers,Tiffany has always been my favorite,so don't speak for me., its what b.b. is doing its on them,at one time or another zavior was a favorite then k ,If they had played individually  without forming the cookout,then it would have been fair,....the one I don't like is lazy Derick who may win it all.what a waste of a player.There are many people out there who would love to play,why not get good players instead of people who never watched the show before.so please speak for your self and not me.TUCKA

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't consider myself a fan. I watch the show. I'm not happy with the way most seasons end. I usually don't like most contestants. When you think about it, what type of character is able to detach themselves from their family, their job, their community for three months? Usually it's people who would be paid more by being on BB than their everyday job, and don't mind if they don't have that job to come back to, and those looking to showcase themself or springboard to future endeavors. 

I'm sure CBS will continue to churn out season after season. But I know its becoming more difficult, even now with more down time, to continue wanting to commit three nights a week. There's just so much programming out there anymore.

@Etoile308 

I apologize if you thought my comment was directed to you, it wasn't. It wasn't even really directed at anyone in particular and I would just say that, for those who read it, if the shoe fits...well, you know the rest. It's just something to think about is all. 

It's not my place to tell anyone how they should feel about the show and if they want to hate it and complain season after season that's their right to do so. I just feel like I read day after day, season after season, about how terrible everything is in that given year and, if other people are able to air their feelings, I figure why not join them? Maybe it helps to heal the soul. 

The truth is, I think we have a great group of people here. It's just that every now and then, on occasion, the negativity makes me a little crazy but it doesn't mean I don't love our "fans." Heart Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@tucka wrote:

I like [not] how you come on and speak for me, first of all i didn't say I don't like them,perhaps you don't like the whiteplayers,Tiffany has always been my favorite,so don't speak for me., its what b.b. is doing its on them,at one time or another zavior was a favorite then k ,If they had played individually  without forming the cookout,then it would have been fair,....the one I don't like is lazy Derick who may win it all.what a waste of a player.There are many people out there who would love to play,why not get good players instead of people who never watched the show before.so please speak for your self and not me.TUCKA

"looks like Derick fraser does is lay around in his bed, Azah does the same thing." 

"Would be great if someone else gives Claire a vote tonight ,could turn this game around ,instead of a failure,at one time I liked zavior but now not at all."

You called them failures and said you don't like XAVIER at all. Those were your words, tucka, not mine.

And yeah, you got me, I hate white people, always have. 

No seriously, I was just pretending to be a Claire fan for the past nine weeks. Pretty convincing, huh? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

So, who would people like as celebrity players on Celebrity Big Brother? A celebrity chef like Emeril might be interesting. Maybe a YouTuber like iJustine? I don't know of many celebrity BB fans who haven't already been on BB. The girls on Attack of the Show (Sara Jean Underwood, Alison Haislip, Candace Bailey) used to be BB fans. I'm not sure any of them would now qualify as celebrities though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Very smooth Gardenman Smiley Wink but it is an interesting question. 

I feel like Emeril, although I like his personality a lot, might be a little old. Oh Lord, now I'll be called ageist, lol. If I were going for a celebrity chef I think that Molly Yeh is a good choice. I doubt she'd be interested though.

That's the thing, most of the celebrities I like and am familiar with are not going to be interested in BB. It has to be someone who hasn't been having a ton of success at the moment. Or maybe someone who's up and coming like the singer who did Driver's License--Olivia Rodrigo. I think she's on the Disney Channel but I don't know what show.

I'm subscribed to lots of Youtubers but none that really fit the bill. There is one named Steph Pappas who does food reviews along with other things who seems like she might go for it and she's adorable. Another one, and someone drives me absolutely crazy, is Irene Walton and I only thought of her because she did a video with Paul Abrahamian. Have you heard that name enough today, lol?

The thing is, they're not celebrities. No one would have a clue who they are. 

We need to think of peole who are kind of on equal footing with the people who have been on in past seasons. Not that anyone wil ask us. Smiley SadSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of Steph Pappas. I may have to give her a look. I love Canadian Rachel Cooper's feed (rachhloves life) and Britain's Jazzybum. Then there are a ton of tech and tropical fish YouTubers I follow. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, Julie Chen reportedly went to CBS and encouraged them to do Celebrity BB again. That's interesting as she's only under contract through BB23 unless she's signed a new deal.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!