Honored Contributor

09/09/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And it's double eviction day! The first of two! After a long, excruciating session with Kyland, Claire now knows she's a goner. Claire came out saying no one should ever have to listen to Kyland. (A view feed watchers wholeheartedly agree with.) So, Claire plans to tell the house in her goodbye message that Xavier will win the game if they keep him over her and that this could be their only chance to get him out. (She's right in that. Derek, Azah, Alyssa, and Kyland will all keep Xavier and think they're his final two.) She'll also tell them she'll work the jury in Xavier's favor to ensure he wins if she goes to the jury. (The jury is already convinced Xavier is paying the best based on their interviews.)

I haven't heard the planned vote count for a bit but the last I'd heard they were planning on a 3-2 vote to evict Claire with Azah and Hannah casting votes for Claire to stay. If Claire could sway Kyland, Alyssa, or Derek with her speech she could hang around. Oddly, Alyssa may be the most swayable of the trio. She's the one not playing for "the cause" who just wants to win. Go figure. Someone wants to win the game for themselves. How did that happen?

If Hannah doesn't win HOH tonight then Tiffany and Hannah will likely be on the block. Then Tiffany will need to win POV to survive. Xavier has been trying to poison Tiffany to the rest of the house and while Azah is now a bit more outwardly friendly with Tiffany, I'm not sure she's true with her. Xavier has tried to change the narrative from an all-black final six to an all-persons of color final six so he can sneak Alyssa in. That gives him an excuse to give Tiffany or Hannah the boot.

Assuming this isn't a random HOH comp, only Derek, Azah, Alyssa, and Hannah seem intent on winning it. So, we could see a brand new HOH tonight. Hannah winning could be interesting. She's a bit cold-blooded and ruthless. The POV comp in double evictions is typically some version of the clown shoe comp where there's a ball pit they have to rummage through to find something and then ring in. (Derek in a ball pit could be interesting. They may need to have a crane nearby to get him out.) It's the type of comp that could favor Alyssa. She's small, wiry, fit, fast, and should want to win it.

This whole season is starting to look like a repeat of season twelve and the Brigade. If you recall the Brigade was largely former by Matt Hoffmann and was the first season where each member had side alliances to protect themselves and hide their real alliance. Matt's "cause" was to raise money to find a cure for a disease his wife didn't have. While Matt was loyal to the Brigade the rest of the Brigade decided he was too likely to win so they gave him the boot in week seven and kept two outsiders instead of him. Tiffany is this year's Matt Hoffmann. Britney Hayes was the naive player who got shocked when her allies turned on her. (Alyssa, Claire, and Derek X all pretty much share that title this year.) Hayden gave the boot to his girl Kristen. Only Xavier's parachute alliance remains now. 

After tonight's show, they'll do yet another in a series of HOH comps to pick the HOH for the coming week. That will be a more hotly fought after HOH. We'll either have the whole Cookout still in the house or we'll have Alyssa still in the house and Tiffany/Hannah gone. Tiffany or Hannah really needs that win to survive. The last I'd heard they were talking about targeting Derek if they won that HOH though which is largely a waste of the HOH. Keeping Kyland and Xavier much longer is a recipe for disaster. You've got to flush one or both of those guys pretty quickly. The rest of the house is largely targeting Tiffany given the chance (assuming she's still there.) 

I still think Xavier or Kyland are most likely to win. I'd prefer Tiffany or Hannah and probably lean more towards Hannah right now, but we'll have to see if either can survive. POV wins are more important than ever from now on. That's why I'd get rid of those more likely to win POV and keep Azah and Derek. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: 09/09/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

In the future of BB  shows after what happened this season dont ypu think 

they should just  get rid of having alliances and everybody just play the game 

to win on their own..

Honored Contributor

Alliances have always been a part of BB and eliminating them would be next to impossible. There were probably twenty-plus alliances this year. While the Cookout endured, it could have just as easily been one of the others that made it to the end.

If you go back to week five, Derek X was in an alliance with Sarah Beth (and half the house) but nominated SB and Britini to backdoor Christian, who he was also allied with. Had he stayed true to his alliance and nominated Azah, Hannah, or Derek F, three members of the Cookout, or backdoored Xavier, Kyland, or Tiffany, we'd likely see that alliance at the end instead of the Cookout.

Derek X nominating SB gave SB an excuse to target Derek X two weeks later instead of a Cookout member. The Cookout could have been a two or three week alliance that melted away like the rest. The only reason it didn't was because players like Derek X, SB, and others didn't stay true to their alliance and target Cookout members.

These days pretty much every player is in multiple alliances and whichever one makes it to the end gets credited with being a great alliance. More often than not, they just slid by. The Cookout could have lost members in weeks four, five, seven, and eight (when Claire took over the HOH.) The opportunity to take them out was there. Just no one did it. 

I'm not a fan of alliances as it just muddies the game up. Just play for yourself. Target the biggest threat to your game. Christian targeting Whitney week four was stupid. Who was Whitney going to beat? She wasn't even that annoying. If you look at Whitney, Xavier, and Kyland, who's the biggest threat? Whitney? Seriously? No. Christian targeting Whitney who was part of Derek X's team gave Derek X an excuse to target Christian. Now Christian was a threat, but he was also allied with Derek X which should have given him some protection and there were other, bigger threats in the house also.

We are where we are but things could have been vastly different with a nomination here or there going another way. There were some dumb moves made, obvious targets ignored, and just dumb strategic play on multiple occasions. The Cookout survived but it could have been one of any of the other alliances with a change starting back on week four. Christian targeting Whitney was dumb then and dumber now. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Celebrity Big Brother is being dusted off and will be back in February to counter winter Olympics programming. I'd prefer another BBOTT, but Celebrity BB is better than no BB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

In conclusion, this season was about manipulation of production to ensure that not only was the $750k only for a black person but that the others would not complain, show up for jury and cast their vote like good little sheeple all done with a smile on their face gladly forfeiting their chance at $750k to further the cause that they didn't know ahead of time they had signed up for but know that it is futile to object and it would only hurt them if they did as no one wants the horrible stain of being called a racist. 

Respected Contributor

Easily one of the worst seasons ever.  Zingbot was very lame last night.  I can't wait until it's over--because Survivor starts in 2 weeks!!!

Trusted Contributor

why were they allowed to sing,dance?and a scripted song at that. In years past they could not sing and was called out if they did. Seems like all rules were dismissed for the cookout,

I don't have the feeds,nor after dark ,which I watched and saw so much as to what was really going on .I feel this season was a total failure the ratings have been horrible,gee I wonder why,looks like Derick fraser does is lay around in his bed, Azah does the same thing,why are they allowed to do that?

Hopefully they will not have teams like they did this year,I still think they should not be allowed in the h.o.h bedroom or bathroom,no sleeping over with the h.o.h,make it a winner only refuge,no listening to there music.they don't win then too bad the room is off limits.

Would be great if someone else gives Claire a vote tonight ,could turn this game around ,instead of a failure,at one time I liked zavior but now not at all, I have no favorite anymore, but will vote for Claire for best liked player, and what a look we will see on the cook outs,she has been such a good sport..Tucka.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucka 

None of the rules were dismissed for the CO, who btw, were not the only ones singing. The reason for no singing is because most songs they sing are copyrighted and to use them means CBS would have to pay a fine for using them without authorization. The songs you heard had no copyright as they were written by the houseguests themselves. Did you really think they just happened to know of songs called "I'm on the block again" "Sleeping on the Couch All Day by Big D & the boys" and "Welcome to Big Brother by The Backyard Crew?" Smiley Very Happy

As for dancing, there has never been any kind of rule against it.

You can be pleased that there will be sympathy votes for Claire because, as much as you seem to believe otherwise, the hgs really do like her a lot. No one is going to freak out if she wins afh, in fact, many would be very happy for her.

Respected Contributor

I agree. Unless I'm mistaken, none of the singing was copyrighted material. 

I guess my earlier thoughts of a possible strong female alliance is gone. I never understood why Sarah Beth was so disliked, except for earlier targeting Hannah. She's was practically thought of as the devil incarnate. 

I also suspect there was, and as I've often felt in prior seasons, DR comments made to influence the game. How organically was an alliance formed or a tag team buddy system developed? One can only speculate. 

Also, again I may be mistaken, but there was only one slightly brief reference to a plane, with no mention of a signal or who may have seen anything. And no comments of any wall-callers. So different from years past. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodnes! How can we BB fans ever struggle through such a boring, monotonous season? I absolutely hate seasons like this where players love the game and strategize day and night. So much blah, blah, blah all the freakin' time, lol. I just can't take it, it's so exhausting! Smiley Very Happy

To get myself through this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad season my mind keeps drifting back to the good old days. Oh yes, remember season 22 with The Committee and how wonderful it was when fans here cheered every Thursday as Cody Califiore won yet another hoh, and then the veto, as his pals steamrolled and evicted every player not in their alliance one by one. Ah yes, everyone loved it. Am I right? 

And, of course, who could forget season 21 with the two Jacks-- Matthews and Michie--(Now, now...shhh! They weren't racist, oh no, they just didn't like poc Smiley Wink). And then there was little Holly who cheered on the sidelines as her sweetheart won hoh after hoh. Oh, yes, I remember how delighted the fans here were to see Michie and Holly in the F2 chairs. Great season, people loved it, yeah?

Then there was season 20. What, Level Six, again? Sure, the steamroll became a teensy bit dull but surely no one called it boring. Or did they? Want to take a guess?

Oh, season 19, what a treat! Surely people were happy with season 19, right? As I recall we had so, so, so many Paul Abrahamian fans here in the threads. Because, really, who doesn't love to see a woman in a cast win a sprint? Yes, that was one of the very best ever, unless you consider season 18 with, you guessed it, Paul Abrahamian. Am I recalling correctly that everyone was completely delighted with those two seasons?

I wonder how far back we would need to go the find a season that the people here would actually say they enjoyed and found exciting. Maybe BBOTT, but then how many people liked that one? Not many I suppose since it was a one and done. I guess we can count that one out. 

It's funny because sometimes I use the term "BB fans" here and I have to admit that recently I've been asking myself if that isn't a bit of an oxymoron?

Sometimes I wonder if the "fans" here are ever happy with any season because every season it's the same old complaint and most often by the same people...I'm so bored! If I felt that way season after season I think I'd find something that I actually enjoyed but I mean, hey, that's just me.