Honored Contributor

09/08/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

We're in that weird part of the game where hours of nothing happens, then minutes of frantic one-on-one conversations where a duo will get together and create a completely ridiculous plan of who to target. At this moment it looks like the only person planning to target Michael tonight might be Alyssa. Everyone else feels "it's too soon."

Brittany, who helped create the all-girls final three has ratted out the all-girls final three to the guys who are now largely planning to target Alyssa. Why? God only knows. Taylor wants Turner gone and is planning to put up Turner and Alyssa (knowing Alyssa would vote to keep Turner.) Which would be bad for Alyssa as Michael and Monte would likely vote out Alyssa.

Monte and Turner are still worried about the girls' alliance taking them out, but they may try putting up Michael as a replacement if he doesn't win POV. 

Terrance is still a goner tonight and plans to give a rip-roaring speech. Possibly exposing Taylor and Monte's refusal to join his all-black alliance. If that is his plan, it's safe to say the DR will try to change that to avoid awkwardness for Julie in the Q&A after he leaves.

We have a show tonight. We're supposed to see lots of the jury house. (God knows nothing much is going on in the real house, so we might as well.) Then it's goodbye Terrance time. Then the double will fire up. Someone who's not Michael will win the HOH and then be forced to nominate two houseguests on the spot. If they were smart, and they're not, they'd put up Michael and Brittany, but this isn't the brightest group of hamsters, so it'll likely be Brittany and Alyssa. Michael will then win the POV and take down Brittany (if she's on the block.) and the house will lose someone, likely Alyssa, who probably wouldn't have won anyway.

Alyssa is the safe target as no one will mind too much if she's gone. This is not an especially bold and daring group of houseguests going after the biggest threats in the game. It takes two votes to evict and if Brittany is on the block against Alyssa, Brittany should get Michael and Taylor to vote to keep her. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Michael get booted out of the house tonight. It could happen, but it seems unlikely. Watching Brittany if Michael gets evicted would be fun. She wouldn't take it well. We could see a one-person version of Jessie's funeral from BB 11. A two-hour show tonight that will likely get killed in the ratings by the Rams/Bills game. (Seriously BB. You can start the show a few weeks earlier in the spring, so you don't end up competing with the NFL on Thursday and Sunday nights in the fall.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Re: 09/08/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I look forward to your daily comments---thank you so much!  I will have to say, I have not enjoyed this season at all-----Hope the next one is better!

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

I look forward to your daily comments---thank you so much!  I will have to say, I have not enjoyed this season at all-----Hope the next one is better!

Not the best season by a long shot. Still, it's better than no BB. Things looked promising when we had the truly divided house after they were split up inside and out, but then all that promise disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman 

Guess I am just disillusioned with the apparent interference and control production seems to have on the game.  Disgusted with the whole Kyle situation.  It also seems stale to me, maybe it's time for a new production team and new fresh challenges. Some of the twists seem like desperation moves. 

Your updates and the comments here from posters are the only things that have kept me interested. I'll record and fast forward tonight's show.  Football in this home tonight!

Respected Contributor

@gardenman I've always said that your recaps are better than the actual show.  These people are dumb--it's never too soon to get the biggest threat out.  If they don't get rid of Michael, he's going to walk his way into winning this season--with basically no challenge.

I don't like this part of the season--the houseguests are bored and we are bored too.  I wonder if a shorter season would help with the BB doldrums.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yeah, this part of the season always drags on. They need to do more to liven things up later in the season. The jury house is often livelier than the BB house. By this point of the season, the novelty of playing BB has worn off. It's a routine. It's more or less become their job. When they first enter the house it's like the first day of school and they're all excited to meet everyone and see new things. At this point, it's a chore. They've all told their stories. They know everything about everyone. They've had most of the "fun" comps and events. They're just waiting for quitting time to get their check and go home.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac ,   I hear you!!  I am also a big football fan, but for this house I reside in, it will be TENNIS mainly for the next few days!  (Mixed in with a little football, especially Saturday!)

Perhaps if a lot of us stop watching BIg Brother, the producers, etc. will see that we want changes!  Cannot condemn a few HG's for what a lot of others have done, in my humble opinion!

Honored Contributor

A little pet peeve of mine is recent houseguests insisting they never saw anyone like them on TV growing up. We've heard that multiple times from Michael and more recently Turner. There have been gay characters on mainstream TV since the seventies. None of these players are fifty-plus years old, so they can kill that narrative. I got tired of a black player having to win last year to show black people they could achieve anything. And this year it's to inspire gay/bisexual people that they can do anything. Uh, no. Just play the stupid game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

No more BB for me this year........I will read what GARDENMAN posts but will not watch one more of their ridiculous hours I cannot get back.

I will tune in just to see what Julie has on tonight.....

Occasional Contributor

I look forward to reading your updates everyday Gardenman. Although, I hardly ever make comments, I wanted to today. I so agree with you regarding your pet peeve. Does everything have to be about race, sexual orientation, etc. Just play the game. Although I was not a fan of Kyle, I didn't think what he thought might be an alliance was racist. After all that's exactly what happened last season. Seems to me a big deal was made of nothing. I used to be a team Michael, but after his stunt with Brittany telling the other houseguests of Kyle's thoughts, they both lost me. Never was a Brittany fan. Find her to be very manipulative. Guess I'm rooting for Monte at this point. Turner wouldn't be bad either. By the way, does anyone know why Brittany is always rocking and licking/biting her lips? She may have a health issue, but it is so annoying!