Honored Contributor

08/29/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Michael and Brittany appear to have achieved their goal of destroying Kyle. He's due to be put up as the replacement nominee later today when Michael uses his POV. We don't know a lot of what happened later in the day as the feeds were down more than they were up.

Michael, Alyssa, and Taylor got to see their movie yesterday. Then after the movie, Michael and Brittany were in one of the bedrooms when Kyle reentered the house and went back to talk to them. We don't know what happened as the live feeds stayed on the people in the kitchen, then went off again for a bit. Brittany was crying in the backyard a bit later when the feeds were briefly back up. There may have been a house meeting. There may have been a confrontation between Kyle and Michael/Brittany. We don't know. We may or may not find out on Wednesday's show.

At this point, it is certain that Michael will use his POV on Brittany later today and that Kyle will be put up to replace Brittany and the whole house is now in line to vote out Kyle on Thursday. And following that the house will then target Alyssa and Terrance so that only the remaining Leftovers are in the game. (Or so the plan is for now.)

I really hate this style of gameplay. The personal attacks and attempts to destroy someone rather than just beat them in the game annoys me and has every season. You don't have to do that. Michael and Brittany definitely didn't have to do it. They were safe this week. It's unnecessary, unfair, cruel, and just incredibly tacky. I'd been a Michael supporter since the cast was announced, but no longer. He'd played a great game up to this point but destroying someone in the game is just wrong. It's been wrong whenever it's been done, and I've voiced my displeasure at it every time it's been done. Want to lose me as a fan and supporter? Do what Michael and others in the past have done and attack another houseguest in this manner.

You don't have to play the game this way. When people choose to play the game in this manner it tells me a lot more about them than the people they target. It's dirty, unnecessary, and just cruel. You don't need to resort to this level of gameplay. When you're willing to do anything to win, you don't deserve to win. Play fair. That's all I ask of anyone. To me, this wasn't fair. This went beyond the game. I will now celebrate when/if Michael and Brittany get evicted. Should one of them win, and there's a good chance Michael will, I will not celebrate. He lost me as a fan.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 08/29/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman thank you for posting. I have a question. When the houseguest leave do they have access to the entire feed that occurred while they were in the house? Including the ones that didn't make it to jury? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@gardenman thank you for posting. I have a question. When the houseguest leave do they have access to the entire feed that occurred while they were in the house? Including the ones that didn't make it to jury? Thanks!

On the live feeds, there is a flashback feature that lets you go back and see what happened. Houseguests typically get a free year of Paramount+ so they can rewatch what happened. Most opt not to. There are countless clips posted online also of significant events, so anyone who wants to see what happened can, if it was shown on the live feeds and lots of stuff happens that isn't shown. Most houseguests just want to get away from it all after the season. They need to decompress for a bit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

This is a sad turn of events.  When Michael came in the show I liked him immediately because he seemed like an uncoordinated geeky guy and I am always for the underdog.  He really surprised me with his intelligence and ability to win comps.  When he called Daniel an idiot sandwich or something like that it did show a glimpse into his character.   I usually am over the season by now and the people I like have gone and I just read your updates.  This year I would be okay with some others winning. I will keep watching and I hope it shows some of what transpired on the show so people who don't watch the feeds will know the whole story.  

Esteemed Contributor

It was on my news feed this morning and Kyle is the bad guy and Michael and Brittany the good guys.  I don't watch the feeds.  Read what the Big Brother Network wrote.  If Productions allows a man's reputation to be branded a racist over a lie I'm done with the show.

Honored Contributor

Kyle was paranoid about a cookout 2.0 forming and with good reason. Monte had told him he wanted to work with Ameerah as she was a "smart black woman." Taylor had vowed to never put up or vote out a "person of color." Jasmine was friendly with Taylor, Monte, and Joe. Indy, Jasmine, and Joe were solid. Monte and Terrance were also very close for a while. Taylor had targeted Terrance then switched to Indy, then Alyssa. Why change?

You had a whole lot of people who all seemed to be working together (even when they weren't) with only one thing common among them, their minority status. (Black, Brazilian, Middle Eastern). Kyle wasn't alone in wondering if a Cookout 2.0 had formed or was forming. Daniel, Nicole, and others had wondered the same thing. Michael had even thought it was possible. It was Brittany who told Michael not to go there. 

That's where it all ended. There was never any real effort to form an "all-white" alliance. Any doubt Kyle had about the house had largely been resolved after Ameerah, Indy, and Jasmine got voted out and he'd allied with Terrance and Monte. Race wasn't an issue in the house. Until yesterday.

Then Michael realized he was in trouble and needed to change the target, so he dusted it off and threw it out there. (Weeks after it had been last discussed and the issue had been settled.) Instead of talking about it to Kyle, he took Kyle's allies aside and more or less said, "You need to know what your ally thinks. He's a horrible racist and you'll look like a racist if you associate with him! He has to go!" 

This is the season of "microaggressions" and wondering if a Cookout 2.0 had formed is the latest microaggression and the sign that you're a horrible racist. Uh, no. If it is, then Michael is also a horrible racist as he pondered it also. 

Why would the houseguests believe the narrative Michael created? Because they all pretty much said no one would go that low if it wasn't true. Yeah. Someone would. Someone would drag up a relatively innocent comment from weeks ago to destroy another player in the house and in the real world to stay in the game longer. Michael did. And Brittany was right there by his side nodding her head in complete agreement.

We've seen this kind of gameplay before. I hate it. I've always hated it. I always will. It's unnecessary.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm not mistaken, Michael is a prosecutor. He has said he was ready to lie, backstab and manipulate.  He's got the training to do it.  Discrediting someone is his job,  but this is not a court of law.  What he did here is not acceptable.  I hope it comes around to bite him in the __.       

Valued Contributor

Michael,is a public defender, not a prosecutor.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GRANNY77 wrote:

Michael,is a public defender, not a prosecutor.  

And so this is what he does for a living.  As a defense attorney his very job is to change facts in any way necessary and place blame on anybody else, pull every trick out of the hat to get his client a not guilty verdict.

Respected Contributor

When I was watching last night, I thought the HOH (Can't remember his name--I've been calling him Spicoli (Fast Times at Ridgemont high) should have nominated Michael and Taylor or Brittany.  Reading what Gman posted--I was right.