Honored Contributor

Re: 08/21/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@sabra 

Get well, friend! Aging is a pain in more ways than one.

A lot of the house is still in the team mentality and Sarah Beth, Alyssa, and Xavier were all teammates and still talk like a team sometimes. Do they love each other? Maybe not. Could they still opt to work as a team? (Adding Kyland.) Maybe.

I'm kind of hoping Sarah Beth learns that Hannah read her letter. That could renew Sarah Beth's interest in flushing Hannah. If Claire won POV (still going on as I type this) and took herself down, we could see Xavier and Hannah on the block. Sarah Beth had said she wouldn't read the private part of the letter to the house, so Hannah sneaking a peek is an invasion of SB's privacy and could fire up SB enough to put her up instead of Derek X.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Take care of yourself @sabra !  I have missed seeing your take on the house.

As far as Hannah reading SB's letter... SB should have put in away somewhere if she didn't want anyone to read it. These people are in the house to win a lot of money, not to make friends and influence people.  

I'm disgusted SB has allowed Kyland to run her HOH.  I sure wish Derek X had won HOH instead.. He was so close...eeek!  He's also very close to figuring out the secret alliance of the Cookout.  If only Hannah would tell him!  She's going to be in a very tough spot very soon if she continues her allegiance with them. They are going to get rid of her first.  

I want the Cookout to fall apart. I know I've said that before. Derek F and Azah need to go. They are just taking up space and air, as well as being led around by their noses. One of them should have been eliminated instead of Britini. Of course, that's who you would want to take to the final 2. Yuck. I feel bad for Britini. She's going to be upset when she finds out her closest allies were lying to her.  I think if someone could somehow get out Xavier, the Cookout would dissolve.  I like Tiffany stiil, but she's going to find herself in a corner very soon, if she doesn't start winning comps. How long will she continue to let the Cookout carry her along? She isn't friends with them. Seems to be closer to Claire, DX,  and Hannah.  

Oh...something else.  I know they edit the goodbye messages. If someone had mentioned the Cookout in their goodbye message to Britini, we'll never know. Production may not want Britini to know about it just yet. Dang it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Hannah sneaking a peek is an invasion of SB's privacy and could fire up SB enough to put her up instead of Derek X." @gardenman 

That is until Kyland talks her out of it and she says "You know, Ky, you're right. Glad I thought of that." 

eta...Trust me (or don't, lol) but there won't be two CO members on the block during Kyland's hoh. 

Is that getting old? Sorry, but blame SB and not the person who is watching it happen. 

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sabra 

Yes, I have definitely noticed your absence and figured it was just a matter of not being as interested as before so I'm happy to see you posting. Not so happy to hear about your health problems. I hope you'll be feeling stronger and stronger as the days go by.

Hearing you say you can't stand Tiffany makes me laugh only because I know what a fan your are of Derrick and he thinks she's amazing. Not that it would change how you feel but I know how much you like him (so do I). Can we still be friends if I tell you she's my favorite? Jk, I know you won't care about that. 

If you're interested he has a fairly new Youtube channel called The Winner's Circle and he and Cody have done a really good job posting updates once a week and also do an exit interview with the evicted houseguest. 

Anyway, it's so nice to see you posting! You've been missed. Heart

Hmmmmm, can we still be friends? LOL  Of course.  I do know about the YouTube channel but have not been up to listening to it yet.  Hopefully I will get around to it.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

"Hannah sneaking a peek is an invasion of SB's privacy and could fire up SB enough to put her up instead of Derek X." @gardenman 

That is until Kyland talks her out of it and she says "You know, Ky, you're right. Glad I thought of that." 

It would be a challenge for Kyland if SB learned that Hannah had violated her privacy in that manner. SB pushed hard to get rid of Hannah earlier and while they have a truce now, reading SB's private letter, that she hasn't even let Kyland read, might take more powers of persuasion than Kyland has.

Putting up Claire and Derek F was following a successful backdoor blueprint from the previous week. Both had been pawns the previous week for a backdoor that had worked, so convincing SB to repeat it wasn't terribly hard. Neither Claire nor Derek F seemed to bear a grudge from that and it worked to backdoor Britini, so if you want to do another backdoor, why not repeat it? Hannah's apparent position as Derek X's closest ally wouldn't help her any. That's arguably the best option to save Derek X right now. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

"That's arguably the best option to save Derek X right now." @gardenman 

In that case I'll try my best to think it's a possibility. It's a stretch, but I'll try. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm counting on the diary room to save Derek X. They're great at manipulation..

He's popular with me, not a people person, so I suspect he's popular with them, or it, and will want to keep him around. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

"That's arguably the best option to save Derek X right now." @gardenman 

In that case I'll try my best to think it's a possibility. It's a stretch, but I'll try. Smiley Happy

It was just a couple of weeks ago when Sarah Beth was really pushing to get rid of Hannah. I don't think she loves her now. If she finds out Hannah read her letter....eh, it could be bad for Hannah. Who was there when Hannah was reading the letter? Derek X. Would he rat out Hannah? Maybe. (Probably not, but maybe.) 

I'd prefer Claire to be safe this week, but if Xavier comes down and Hannah goes up, it saves Derek X for another week but likely kills off Claire. I don't really see the Cookout voting out Hannah if they have a choice. Not yet anyway. But against Xavier, Hannah probably goes. (It might be kind of iffy though.)

Sarah Beth and Hannah have a truce but aren't really allied, so losing her wouldn't be overly traumatic for Sarah Beth. She'd still weaken Derek X by taking away his supposed partner. Could Kyland talk her out of it? 

They had a hard time talking her out of pushing hard to get rid of Hannah before. Breaking SB's trust by reading her personal letter might make that much more of a challenge.

The POV should be ending soon. We're closing in on the three-hour mark. Claire would pretty much have to win the POV to have two Cookout members on the block. Kyland and the rest would encourage SB to use her POV on Xavier if SB won it as Claire would be a vote to keep Hannah. Then they'd vote out Claire. If Claire comes down then there's a chance two of the Cookout could be on the block. 

BB is never a done deal. Things tend to trend in certain ways (Xavier and Derek F as the final two with Xavier taking the win) but things can change. A few HOH wins by the right people and some POV wins and the predicted outcome can be changed. There is some unpredictability to the game. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm counting on the diary room to save Derek X. They're great at manipulation..

He's popular with me, not a people person, so I suspect he's popular with them, or it, and will want to keep him around. 

Yeah, the staff psychologists in the DR tend to know which buttons to push. They're pretty good at guiding people in certain directions. Will they intervene to save Derek X? I don't know. I get the vibe they want the Cookout to survive to the final six so they're sure they get a black winner like Canada had, and they can then put that issue behind them going forward. It would have been easier to just cast better black players in previous seasons, but they never seemed interested in that.

The number of Asian viewers is probably lower than the number of black viewers, and this is a TV show, so that could be bad for Derek X. They probably could save him if they really wanted to, but I don't get the vibe that they want to. His button didn't get pulled so they clearly didn't stack the deck in favor of him for the POV. They probably don't want him winning this season, so letting him go is more likely their objective.

By the way, Sarah Beth picked him to host the POV, so he'll get a bit more airtime on Wednesday's show.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree there's unpredictibility in the game to be sure. I mean, is this what you were expecting when you saw SB won hoh? I sure wasn't but here we are. I was expecting Tiffany to go up and then we find out SB trusts her almost as much as she trusts Kyland. Go figure! 

As for SB and Hannah, I think SB is far better as the relationship goes than Hannah is with SB. In fact, I think SB would much rather work with Hannah than either Alyssa or X.

As for this conversation goes, I see no circumstance where SB will ever find out that Hannah read her letter. For one thing, even if on the very off chance SB thought the letter was folded incorrectly, she would never know who did it. Not to mention SB has been sleeping around 2 hrs a night and probably can't even tell the letter from the envelope at this point. 

Now, I know you're a fiction writer and you're going to come back at me with a dozen what ifs and conspiracy theories and that's okay. I can't say it isn't good reading. Smiley Happy