Honored Contributor

Re: 08/21/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

A lot of people are unhappy that Derek X is largely doomed. There's a very slim chance he could survive, but it's very slim. With a triple eviction at some point in September, there could be a jury battle back.  They'd need another double eviction with a battle back, but it's possible. We just got past the halfway point, so at three or four jurors they could possibly have a battle back. I don't think they will, but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I like the slim chance part @gardenman , but can't you make it a little more than slim? Jk...I know he's probably on his way out. Smiley Sad

I had heard that there likely won't be anyone returning in a battle back due to covid issues. You probably already heard that there are nine people in production who have tested positive. Nine out of 500 is tiny and they apparently didn't interact with the cast but it's still a concern. It may have been Derrick L who said if somehow one of the players returned and there was a positive test they'd have to cancel the entire season and it's just not worth the risk. 

Who knew there are 500 people working BB? I was so surprised to read that. 

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2  I feel the same as you do about SB. 

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman  you win. 

Honored Contributor

The POV comp has started. 

It's a show that has a big workforce. You've got live camera operators behind the mirrored walls. Remote control camera operators. DR staff. Shoppers who restock the pantry. A studio nurse 24/7. Editors, lots of editors. Producers, directors, security, etc. Set designers. Comp designers/builders.

Last year they had two full sets of workers who worked for two weeks straight living in trailers, then off for two weeks. Since each shift lasted 12 hours they had essentially four full staffs. Editing a show on the fly is challenging. Survivor takes about six months to edit. BB has to do three shows a week. The show "The Grand Tour" on Prime takes five weeks just to upload their footage to the computers to start editing. BB does it all on the fly with the houseguests often flipping the narrative on them after they've already started one different narrative. It takes a lot of people to pull this show off. But it wins the ratings and makes money for CBS so that's good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It pays to remember that we see a lot more than the houseguests do. If you're Claire, do you have a solid reason to doubt Tiffany? If you're Derek X should you be doubting Hannah?  If you're Alyssa should you doubt Xavier? If you're Sarah Beth do you doubt Kyland?

We know they're all making a big mistake, but in each case their partner hasn't really given them a reason to doubt them. To the houseguests they see a lot of two person alliances, and they're in a two person alliance. They don't see the big alliance. Should they? Maybe, but it's a lot easier to see it from the outside. Sarah Beth largely assumes she's good with her former teammates Alyssa and Xavier along with Kyland. It's pretty easy for her to see the house as two four person alliances (hers and Claire, Tiffany, Hannah, and Derek X) and target one of the better players on the other four person alliance. There was a three person alliance of Azah, Britini, and Derek F. They got rid of Britini who was arguably the biggest threat there. Now Derek X is the new biggest threat.

We know what's going on because we see more. If you're inside that house, it's a lot more challenging to know what's happening. It would be pretty easy for Sarah Beth to think getting rid of Derek X would help her side. To her, that makes it easier for her, Kyland, Alyssa, and Xavier to get to the final four.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I don't know if anyone has noticed but for the last year I have probably only been on here maybe 6 times.  It's been a tough time for me because I had multiple health issues - no covid and nothing life threatening but things that needed fixed, etc.  As they say getting old ain't for sissies.  I'm just really tired and working on getting my strength back because it takes a toll on you and your mind.  Whoever said these are the golden years had no clue what they were talking about.

Anyway, I've seen all the shows and there is really only one person I can't stand and that is Tiffany.  She needs to go.  I did get the live feeds but don't watch as much as I would like to but does she ever shut up or am I just watching at the wrong times?  I really like Derek X but it sounds like he might be leaving this week.  I still don't understand what everyone had against Britini.  There are much bigger threats in the house but I guess no one wanted to make the big move and upset their alliance.  Guess what - you have to turn on each other eventually.  I'm enjoying this season more than alot of the other ones.  As usual I enjoy reading your posts gardenman.  Sorry I'm not participating much.

Esteemed Contributor

Things are not all so rosy with the SB, X and Alyssa connection. That is why when I read you post saying there's a possibility X might splinter off from the CO with SB and Alyssa I was like--it's very doubtful that would ever happen.

SB has no trust in Alyssa and says she's a liar who can't be trusted. She knows all the things Alyssa was saying about her when she tried to get her evicted. She knows she would be 2nd to X if it came down to her or Alyssa and isn't happy being the 3rd wheel. She also sees X as the huge physical threat he is and would have been happy to get rid of him this week.

Oh, if only SB was hoh instead of Kyland.  Smiley Very Happy

However, I will give SB credit for at least recognizing these things.

Alyssa feels similarly about SB knowing that she knew when DX won hoh that Christian was going to be backdoored even though she has denied it over and over. She also knows things were said when SB was campaigning against Christian. No, this is not a happy threesome at all. 

Trusted Contributor

@sabra, Hi Sabra!  

Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well.  I agree that the golden years are not too golden!  

Here is hoping you get back to your normal self soon!  Take care of yourself, and don't mop any floors or vacuum on the days that you feel bad!   Eat some candy and relax!  

Best wishes to you,

Suzie

Esteemed Contributor

@sabra 

Yes, I have definitely noticed your absence and figured it was just a matter of not being as interested as before so I'm happy to see you posting. Not so happy to hear about your health problems. I hope you'll be feeling stronger and stronger as the days go by.

Hearing you say you can't stand Tiffany makes me laugh only because I know what a fan your are of Derrick and he thinks she's amazing. Not that it would change how you feel but I know how much you like him (so do I). Can we still be friends if I tell you she's my favorite? Jk, I know you won't care about that. 

If you're interested he has a fairly new Youtube channel called The Winner's Circle and he and Cody have done a really good job posting updates once a week and also do an exit interview with the evicted houseguest. 

Anyway, it's so nice to see you posting! You've been missed. Heart