Esteemed Contributor

Re: 08/19/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah. The High Rollers Room is adding to the stress level a bit too. 

I just gave ten votes to Sarah Beth again this week. It would be nice to see her get the $100 BB Bucks.

TRAITOR! 

Haha, just kidding. Smiley Very Happy

Mine will go to DX or Tiffany. Still haven't decided. I hate that having more votes can potentially put a target on them but maybe that's not as important for this 2nd week. 

1o to DX

Trusted Contributor

I would like to see Sarah Beth put up Xavier and Tiffany, but I don't think she will.  She will do as Kyland wants her to do, probably!  Just my thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

My impression is everyone in the house is pretending they don't see the secret alliance the cookout.  Having side alliances and then always disagreeing with them every time one of their members is mentioned as a target pretty much says it all.  Doubtful that anyone there is so blind as not to see it and is just playing along especially SB. Kyland calling Claire his queen when he took her off the block after putting her up....really.  All the deflection and mixed signals suits him and his game but he's not fooling anyone. What's sad is his overly handsy relationship with SB since he has said to the camera that he will put her up without hesitation if she goes after anyone in the cookout. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Azah will probably win the favorite houseguest money award $25K I think that's the amount, because she seemed to genuinely care about Britney and while Derek F did as well, Azah seemed to be more affected by their deception.  Either that or she's just a very good actress.

Valued Contributor

I think this is a relatively boring cast.
Honored Contributor

@KKali wrote:
I think this is a relatively boring cast.

It's a "safe" cast. They largely skipped casting villains this year. We've had seasons where there were too many villains and not enough heroes. They went safe this year. There's no ED, Jessie, Josh, Chima, Paul, or obvious villain. The entire cast had hours of mandatory sensitivity training (supposedly on DVDs from what I've heard) and testing that has most afraid to say much of anything that could get them in trouble. 

It's a smart, strategic, safe, compliant cast. Kind of all sheep with no shepherds or wolves. Some smarter sheep, some dumber sheep, but all are sheep. We could use a wolf or two to emerge.  Derek X and Claire have pretty much figured out the Cookout (maybe Sarah Beth and Alyssa also) but what can they do about it? They've been trained not to single out people based on their race. (Even though that's exactly what the Cookout is doing.) They're mostly all fans of the show so they know the past controversies and would prefer not to be smeared forever afterward. 

CBS kind of created a monster this year and no one seems to know how to handle it. It's a split cast but split along race instead of good versus evil. The good versus evil seasons are the best. Clear villains and clear heroes make it fun. BB11, BBOTT, and a few other seasons have been that way. With no clear villains this year and the only divide being racial, it's a bit more awkward than you'd like.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!