Honored Contributor

08/17/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And not a lot to update today. Kyland used his POV to save Claire and then put up Britini, and Alyssa didn't use hers, so the nominees are Britini and Derek F. After an initial hissy fit from Britini the house calmed down and everyone got a chance to be outside and just mellowed out for a bit.

Derek X and Claire largely gave up on their plan to get rid of Derek F after learning that Sarah Beth and Alyssa were voting out Britini. Derek F continues to insist he's the target this week. (He knows he's not.)  He and Azah continue to insist they're Britini's best friends in the whole wide world and they love her as they stab her in the back.

Hannah asked if they were going to tell Britini about the Cookout in their goodbye messages and both said no. Hannah might though. She's clever. She knows exposing the alliance can work in her favor with the jury, just as Josh did in BB19. Watch for that Thursday night if we get to see Hannah's goodbye message. Jury management is important and Britini will learn about the Cookout at some point before she votes for a winner, so the first to break the news to her may gain an edge. Hannah might end up eking out the win this year. 

The house is planning for a house Olympics today, but many of their plans end up not happening. Boredom tends to drive them all a tick insane, so they try to find ways to entertain themselves, and making plans that they don't follow up on is one way to do so.

Some are anticipating the slip and slide for HOH this week. I doubt it as CBS has the High Rollers thing for Sunday's show instead. They don't need an endurance comp. We could see the slip and slide as the POV comp though. They need a name comp for the houseguests to wager accurately. I think the houseguests can choose between the first and second High Roller comp this week, so we could see more bets on who will win POV again. Most in the house are nervous about the roulette wheel comp option for this week and its randomness. (This is BB though, so there's likely a magnet hidden someplace to ensure the "right" person ends up nominated.)

Things should stay quiet today as they relax and prepare for Thursday.  There's no real consensus on who gets nominated on Thursday, but Claire, Alyssa, Derek X, and Sarah Beth are all possible targets. If anyone breaks from the Cookout, I think it might be Tiffany. I'm pretty sure she knows she can't beat Hannah, Xavier, or Kyland. Kyland could splinter off also as his polling has shown that Tiffany and Xavier are viewed by the house as the most influential. He probably would prefer not to have either in the later stages of the game and getting rid of them on his own would be challenging.

If I was putting money on a winner right now, it would be on Hannah. She's likely to get to the final four or five whether the Cookout stays intact or splinters. If the Cookout stays intact and Xavier or Kyland wins HOH, then Tiffany and Hannah would likely be the nominees, and I suspect the rest of the Cookout (Azah and Derek F in particular) would be happy to vote out Tiffany. (I'm pretty sure everyone is looking at Derek F and Azah as their Victoria to drag to the end this year.) Then she'd really only need to beat whichever of Xavier and Kyland hadn't won HOH at six to be the HOH and she'd target both Xavier and Kyland. Then a veto win and she's in the final three. 

If the Cookout splinters she's allied with Tiffany, Claire, and Derek X, all are bigger targets than her. And that would be a pretty strong foursome with bigger targets ahead of her.  Hannah's put herself in a pretty good spot for now. If you're betting on who will win, Hannah is a pretty smart bet.

Tiffany may be the longest of long shots right now if the Cookout stays intact. She's likely out a five or six. More likely six. Azah and Derek F will be seriously pushing whoever the HOH is at six to put her up. If it's Kyland he may not need much of a push knowing how influential Tiffany is. I'm pretty sure she knows that also. She's said she's there for the money and not a cause, so splintering off of the Cookout is smarter for her, but will she? Could she win if she did?

If Tiffany splintered off and allied with Derek X, Claire, and Hannah could she win? Derek X would be a heck of a shield for her. Hannah too to some extent. If they were able to get rid of Kyland they might be able to bring in Sarah Beth to give them five with Sarah Beth being their sacrificial lamb. Could Sarah Beth, Claire, and Tiffany make it to the top three? Maybe. Then it comes down to luck as to who gets to one and two. If Tiffany made it to one of those spots with a Cookout-heavy jury, she should win. The pressure on the jury to vote for the black woman would be immense, even though Azah and Derek F were not fans of her.

Tiffany is the player to watch going forward. Does she work to protect Claire, Derek X, and Hannah? And maybe Sarah Beth? Protecting Sarah Beth would be a clear giveaway as she's made it clear she wants her out, but keeping Sarah Beth could be helpful for Tiffany in the end game if she splinters off from the Cookout.

I suspect Tiffany is going slowly insane trying to decide what to do. Does she throw away her best chance at $750,000 to make a statement, or does she do what's best for her chance to get to the end and actually win? We'll know more in the next week or two. I don't see Azah, Derek F, or Xavier leaving the Cookout. Kyland could if he wanted to save Sarah Beth, but I suspect he'd yield to pressure and stay. Hannah would likely stay in the Cookout unless she saw a better path forward.

Tiffany is the wildcard. She's arguably safer outside the Cookout than inside it. She has better relations with the non-Cookout side of the house than the cookout. Azah and Derek F would gladly vote her out. Derek X and Claire would be more likely to keep her. We'll have to see what happens going forward, and whoever wins HOH this week could change the script. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 08/17/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman,  keeping in mind that I do not have the feeds so only know what I read here and seen during broadcast why is Kyland so low in popularity?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@gardenman,  keeping in mind that I do not have the feeds so only know what I read here and seen during broadcast why is Kyland so low in popularity?

If you look up the word "blather" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Kyland. Blather is defined as "talking long-windedly without making very much sense." That's Kyland. He talks and he talks and he talks, and none of what he says makes much sense, but everyone just nods then gets together later to try and figure out what he was actually saying. Be glad you don't have the live feeds when Kyland is featured on them. Your eyes will glaze over and you'll start to nod off.

He's a strange duck. There's something just not quite right there. He's a good competitor, but there's something missing. Sarah Beth has more or less taken a mother role with him and you'll often find him lying with his head in her lap (not in a sexual way) as she strokes his hair. He's different than anyone else we've seen in the house in the past. I can't really compare him to any previous houseguest. He's somewhat needy and a bit lost much of the time. He has child-like energy to him much of the time.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Gman.  That was helpful. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Just to build on that with Kyland, he gets very excited and energized when he gets a new idea or thought. There's a certain "Oh, this will be great!" when that happens, even if it's a stupid idea. You can feel the energy radiating off of him at those points. When he gets confused (which is fairly often) he gets very confused. He's not good at hiding what he feels. Child-like describes him in many ways. Sarah Beth is his house mommy more than a love interest. He looks to her for comfort and reassurance. Roles Sarah Beth plays well. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Some of these girls (like Hannah, Tiff and Claire) need to start winning HOH and getting out these guys like X and Ky.  Come on girls!!!  The guys are collecting quite a resume for the $750,000.

Regular Contributor

I agree @GRANNY77 !

Esteemed Contributor

@GRANNY77   I agree. I don't analize, I depend on @gardenman  every morning to keep it all straight for me.  However, IMHO they need to get rid of the puppet master Tiffany then go for the strongest players.  I like Hannah a lot but 2 POV's and all they are doing is getting rid of Brit? Guess I'm not looking as long range as others. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's hard to imagine that Tiff would consider splintering off into a new alliance but, hey, never say never. I don't see it happening but stranger things have happened so who knows?

As to Hannah winning the season--maybe. And personally I wouldn't mind that at all. She's done some good maneuvering in the game but I'd like to see her win at least a comp or two. Not that it's a requirement, especially if you're reading "How to win Big Brother according to Dr. Will." 

It seems X and Kyland are hoping Alyssa wins hoh this week and takes out DX. Then their preference for eviction  becomes SB, Alyssa and Claire. 

Will Tiff work her magic to save DX or is it now down to the final stages of the plan where she's not going be as concerned with the order?  I know she'd rather see SB and Alyssa go first but much will depend on who wins hoh and the results of the High Roller twist.

Last night Tiffany gave DX a haircut. It was fun to watch and she did a good job. DX looks very cute as always. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for Hannah, she's a ride along.