Honored Contributor

08/15/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

A disappointing day for Taylor today. Efforts to convince Kyle to use his POV to take out Alyssa seem to have failed. (There will likely be one last-ditch effort before the POV meeting though.) Without Kyle using the POV, there's no reason for Taylor to stand up and give another speech. She'll still dress for the event and be ready, but sadly for her, she'll get no time in the spotlight today.

Taylor wants Alyssa out for two reasons. Reportedly Alyssa made a face or something while Taylor was reading her letter from her mom when she got her HOH room. (Taylor didn't see or notice this herself, but I believe it was Joseph who told her about it.) And the second reason is that Alyssa took the cash instead of the punishment during the POV comp. Taylor had the cash at the time and wanted to keep it but got the punishment instead when Alyssa took the cash from her. Taylor thinks Alyssa should have taken the trip or the punishment instead of the $5,000. (By the way, Taylor's chained to Joe punishment still hasn't started. They're taking their time getting that going.) Alyssa has since apologized for taking the cash.

So, today we'll have the POV meeting where nothing will happen, and Indy and Terrance will remain on the block. At this moment, the target seems to have reverted back to Indy, but I expect Joe to try and flip that over to Terrance again as Indy is more or less one of Joe's side alliances. That should be doable as Taylor initially wanted Terrance gone and it's not like Terrance is all that valuable to anyone in the house. Indy has some value to Joe and Jasmine so flipping things to Terrance might be pretty doable.

Michael and Brittany now seem allied with Kyle, Turner, and Alyssa more than Joe, Monte, and Taylor who now seem to be their own trio. Joe has Jasmine and Indy also with him to some extent. I think Joe wants himself and Indy, and Jasmine to be the final three. He can weaponize Jasmine and Indy to vote out Monte and Taylor. It looks like Alyssa has replaced Taylor in Michael and Brittany's plans. Things will get shuffled quite a bit with the house-divided twist coming up on Thursday.

It sounds like the DR is hinting about the divided house as Michael was talking about the divided house in season six. That's kind of an obscure thing to pull out of thin air just before we get a divided house this week. I suspect they're asking them, "If you could divide the house in half and play with just one half, who would you choose?" Or something along those lines to get them in the right headspace for Thursday. Get them thinking about it a little in advance and then unleash it on them.

Who will they choose if they get a choice? Will they keep an alliance together or split up? We'll have to see. That second hour on Thursday promises to be interesting. 

Assuming Kyle doesn't have a mental breakdown, the POV won't be used today, and Alyssa will stay off the block. Indy and Terrance will be the nominees and the typical flip-flopping of the vote for the DR will take place, but the flip-flopping could be real this week if Joe wants to keep Indy. Alyssa hurt her back lifting weights in the yard under Monte's guidance. So, Kyle is even more attentive to her than normal while she recovers, and that gives him one more reason not to use the POV on her. (Monte also disabled Terrance with a bad back after a workout session, so he may be intentionally sabotaging his housemates in overly stressful workouts. Terrance largely spent the day in bed with his backache.)

Expect nothing much to happen today except some early vote flip-flopping that will likely continue to Thursday. Terrance or Indy should go this week. Probably Indy as of now, but things change minute by minute in this house.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: 08/15/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Spoiler
It boggles my mind that Taylor isn't putting up Jasmine when Jasmine doesn't like anything about Taylor and Taylor knows it.  Taylor's reasoning is because she's black.  Jasmine doesn't care that Taylor is black.  Jasmine is a mean person and ruining this season no matter what color she is.  Taylor isn't very smart.
Honored Contributor

Alissa should have suggested to Taylor that the camera time she'll get from the punishment is worth more than 5k. I can't think Taylor hasn't realized that on her own. I suspect Taylor's real reason for resenting Alissa and wanting her gone is that Alissa is far prettier than Taylor.

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Alissa should have suggested to Taylor that the camera time she'll get from the punishment is worth more than 5k. I can't think Taylor hasn't realized that on her own. I suspect Taylor's real reason for resenting Alissa and wanting her gone is that Alissa is far prettier than Taylor.

That and that Alyssa was one of the "Mean" girls that made fun of Taylor in the first week in house.

Honored Contributor

The POV meeting is underway as I type this. Kyle won't use the POV. Monte and Taylor had a meeting just before it and seemed very confused as to why Kyle wouldn't let them put up Alyssa. Uh, guys? It's not that complicated. Kyle's not voting out the girl who's sleeping with him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The POV meeting is underway as I type this. Kyle won't use the POV. Monte and Taylor had a meeting just before it and seemed very confused as to why Kyle wouldn't let them put up Alyssa. Uh, guys? It's not that complicated. Kyle's not voting out the girl who's sleeping with him. 

Taylor's HOH has been a mess.  She doesn't know what's going on.  She wanted Kyle to use the POV so she could wear her fancy dress and heels and have a speech.  She said that last night.  I really hope she's gone soon.  She's here to be famous.

Esteemed Contributor

Boy these house guests sure know how to mess things up. Clueless!  Besties were a debacle and I have little hope for the double games.  It all depends on how they are split up.  Girls vs boys would be fun bye Taylor. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Actually it is complicated when Kyle and Alyssa are involved. Kyle has been gung ho about getting Alyssa out of the house so he can direct his focus on the game. One day he wants her out, the next day he doesn't.

Taylor never had any intention of targeting Alyssa until they (the fab four of Michael, Monte, Joseph, and Brittany) talked her into it. In fact, Taylor didn't want to put any girl on the block until she realized that since there was only one guy from the other side available (Terrance), she had no choice. However, her target was always Terrance until the Left Overs got involved--very involved. It's not surprising she's confused since they have continued to move the goalpost without any real explanation as to the why. 

As live feeders, we know what changed--Michael and Brittany. Michael learned about The Pound which is a good thing for 3 that weren't a part of it. They also noticed that being the collective boyfriend of Indy and Jasmine, Joseph would benefit the most by keeping Indy in the house. Oops, back to targeting Indy!

Kyle was well on board with Michael, Brittany, Monte and Joseph taking out Alyssa until she gave the veto away and he ended up with it. It would have some pretty bad ramifications to his overall game if he became the guy who kicked out his sex partner.

As for Taylor, she'd be most happy getting the toxic Terrance out of the house.  And, I admit, she was probably just targeting him because he's such a hot hunk of a dude.

Sometimes being that good lookin' is a curse I tell ya, a curse! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Boy these house guests sure know how to mess things up. Clueless!  Besties were a debacle and I have little hope for the double games.  It all depends on how they are split up.  Girls vs boys would be fun bye Taylor. 

I disagree. The debacle was the backstage pass twist which ended up being a total non-starter.

Festie Besties was the best--no pun intended--thing that happened so far this season. Taking the twist that started out as a would-be benefit for the other side, The Leftovers turned the house upside down. Instantly, the game left its two week funk behind and the majority of the fan base now had a fun alliance to root for. It was exactly what the game needed to get it back on track. The first two weeks almost tanked the entire season. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

This is why I stick with this site, getting different perspectives on what we see and how we interpret it.  Only watching CBS and not the feed make a difference I think.  Well we shall see what comes next.