Honored Contributor

08/12/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Last night's wall comp was a bit of a dud coming to an end in less than an hour. Most of those playing clearly didn't want to win and hopped off prematurely. Taylor just hung on without much apparent effort on her part and got the win. It would have been interesting to see how long Michael would have lasted. I suspect he'd still be up there if need be. This isn't an especially "hang on until you die," group of hamsters this year. It's more of an "I'm bored. Let someone else have it" group.

Taylor as HOH will be interesting. She's not the most strategic player you'll ever find. She told us on camera a day or two ago that she'd love to get Monte out and would have to get Monte out, but will she try to get Monte out? She's also been very vocal about targeting Terrance. At this moment, and it's likely to change, she's saying she'll put up Indy and Terrance with Terrance the target. 

She promised the girls (Jasmine, Indy, Alyssa, and Brittany) that she wouldn't target a girl. That put her in a bit of a bind right away as the guys don't want to be pawns, so now she's talking of using Indy as a pawn. Indy won't be happy about that.

If Taylor gets together with Michael and Brittany (her supposed final three) and they're behind her backdooring Monte, things could get interesting. Michael gave it some thought last week but then opted to take out Daniel instead. I don't think they view Alyssa, Jasmine, Terrance, and Indy as huge threats in the endgame, but Monte and Joe clearly are huge threats in the endgame. Getting the votes to evict Monte isn't terribly hard. The four girls (Alyssa, Brittany, Indy, and Jasmine) and Michael are the five votes needed. Getting Terrance, Turner, or Kyle to go along should be doable also.

At this stage of the game, you have to be looking at who's left and who you can and can't beat going forward. Joe, Monte, Michael, and Turner are the biggest threats to Taylor. They're all physical and mental threats to her. I think she won't target Michael this week but won't be opposed to someone else targeting him later in the game. She'll have a chance to take out a big player this week. Will she take the shot? We'll have to see, but probably not. It'll likely be Terrance heading to the jury.

The house-divided twist Julie teased will apparently start next week. I'm not sure how they'll do that with one kitchen, one bathroom, one yard, and no interaction allowed between the two sides. Are they building a second set someplace for half the house to live in? And next week we'll have eleven houseguests, so one side will have an extra player. We have a two-hour show this coming Thursday when the house gets divided then a double eviction on the 25th. Do they not evict someone this week to keep things even? We'll have to see.

It'll be tricky for them to pull it off. A full week with the house divided and no interaction means they can't just plop half into the backyard as they can talk through the door/walls. Even dividing them within the house would be complicated. They pretty much need an alternate set with all of the cameras, microphones, and amenities, but that would all cost money and BB has a notoriously tight budget. Have they built a new BB house for future seasons, and this is how they're transitioning to it? We'll have to see.

Just getting half the house fully packed and moved will be an undertaking. They tend to have stuff spread throughout the house by this point of the season. They'll have to have everyone pack their bags before the show to divide them.

I'll post back later tonight when the noms go down. I don't think the noms will be a shock. Most likely it'll be a pawn (Indy, maybe Turner) with an interim target (Terrance) and then after the POV comp we may see things shift to a bigger target (Monte? Michael?) and the game will be on. She may just stick with Terrance as her target also. We'll have to see. Everyone in there has to go in order to get the win, but when you get a chance to take out a big threat, it pays to take the shot. If you don't, you find yourself in all kinds of trouble later in the game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 08/12/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I just watched the show from last night.  Maybe it is poor sportsmanship to not hug everyone but I sure would'nt hug people who lied and voted me out.  I never understood all the hugging they do all the time anyway.  I would never want to see most of these people after I left the house.  Also not crazy about the message Michael left calling Daniel an idiot sandwich.  That was uncalled for and made me like Michael less now.  I don't know who I like anymore if anyone.  I definitely don't like Taylor.  Maybe I am liking Turner more.  

Valued Contributor

Gardenman, do you think they could,possibly use the jury house as an alternate house before jury?  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I just watched the show from last night.  Maybe it is poor sportsmanship to not hug everyone but I sure would'nt hug people who lied and voted me out.  I never understood all the hugging they do all the time anyway.  I would never want to see most of these people after I left the house.  Also not crazy about the message Michael left calling Daniel an idiot sandwich.  That was uncalled for and made me like Michael less now.  I don't know who I like anymore if anyone.  I definitely don't like Taylor.  Maybe I am liking Turner more.  

Yeah, it's not the easiest cast to like. Michael was over the top in his goodbye message and I didn't like it. I'm not a fan of how Turner treats Jasmine. If not for that I might support him more. I'm kind of defaulting into liking Alyssa, Indy, and Kyle the most. I don't dislike Monte. I think he's okay. Joe playing the spy role is just dumb on his part as the people he's spying on will be jurors and will hold grudges. Brittany and Jasmine just annoy me. I don't like Taylor's theatrics. I don't "love" anyone this year. I think Monte is playing the best game and will win. Unless someone takes him out soon.

By the way, I miscounted earlier, and we'll be down to ten houseguests next week so it will be a five-five split when they divide the house. It would be fun to see five Leftovers together and having to vote one of their own out. CBS/Grodner probably won't let that happen though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Yeah, it's not the easiest cast to like. Michael was over the top in his goodbye message and I didn't like it. I'm not a fan of how Turner treats Jasmine. If not for that I might support him more. I'm kind of defaulting into liking Alyssa, Indy, and Kyle the most. I don't dislike Monte. I think he's okay. Joe playing the spy role is just dumb on his part as the people he's spying on will be jurors and will hold grudges. Brittany and Jasmine just annoy me. I don't like Taylor's theatrics. I don't "love" anyone this year. I think Monte is playing the best game and will win. Unless someone takes him out soon.

By the way, I miscounted earlier, and we'll be down to ten houseguests next week so it will be a five-five split when they divide the house. It would be fun to see five Leftovers together and having to vote one of their own out. CBS/Grodner probably won't let that happen though.

It's going to be a week of Taylor patting herself on the back and talk about herself.  Her letter from home was ridiculous.  I'm over Taylor.  I hope Monte wins it all but he'll probably get backdoored.  

Honored Contributor

@GRANNY77 wrote:

Gardenman, do you think they could,possibly use the jury house as an alternate house before jury?  

It's possible. They don't have the cameras, microphones, and whatnots there though.

If you go way, way back there was a house in the area (LA) fully equipped with cameras, microphones, and whatnot for the show "If I Can Dream" way back in 2010. That show had live feeds also and they were better than the BB live feeds as you could watch whatever you wanted and not just what you were given. I would assume that in the twelve years since that show that the house was stripped of the cameras and whatnots and sold, but if it's still there, they could dust it off and reuse it as a second BB house.

"If I Can Dream" was even more impressive as the house housed a number of young performers trying for their big break and you'd follow them in their cars as they went to auditions and everything. It was a massive undertaking, pushing the technical boundaries of what was possible at the time. It only lasted the one season, but if the house was kept intact, it would make a good backup house for Big Brother.

Maybe they'll move them to the old "Home and Family House" on the Universal Studios lot? That show ended in 2021 but the house should still be there on the lot. It wouldn't take a lot to make it into a BB type of house. It's largely wired for cameras and sound already. Putting a BB house in an amusement park makes sense. It would become a tourist attraction. The cost to convert the old Home and Family House could be absorbed at least partially by Universal Studios. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is something about Taylor that I don't like, but I do expect her to go pretty far in this game, maybe to last 3 or 4 or so.

I also do not have a favorite this season, if I had to pick one, maybe Kyle or Monte.  I don't know why anyone would waste their HOH week on getting out Terrance, because I can't imagine him winning, so why not get out a big threat (Monte, Joe, Michael) like @gardenman has mentioned.   But as I have mentioned, I only see the CBS shows, so I am sure there is a LOT I have missed!

Oh well, just my humble thoughts on this lovely Friday!  

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 

Yeah, I haven't gotten the Taylor love since day one. Some people just think she's the greatest thing ever. I'm most definitely not one of them. I don't hate her, but I just don't see anything there. And the uproar over the horrible abuse she's taken. I'm sorry, but has anyone ever watched earlier seasons of Big Brother? She's been handled very, very gently and kindly compared to what we've seen in past seasons. Is she more fragile than some past houseguests? Apparently.

ColetteLala on Twitter posted a video from BB11 showing how things were back then on her feed on August tenth highlighting the aggression that took place then. That was serious aggression. And if you go back further to EDs season, or even more recently to Josh and Paul tormenting houseguests, Taylor's had it very easy. If you can't handle that level of aggression, then maybe a show like BB isn't for you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Gardenman, your right about earlier  seasons having some major confrontations but what is different about Taylor is that she really didn't do anything to anyone.  She tried to help Monte out but that backfired.  I think she was being blamed for things she didn't do.  She tried to be empathetic to Nicole and that also backfired.  She is not my favorite by any means but she got a raw deal.  Maybe she should have been more like Rachael Reilly and fought back but she didn't.  Anyway, that's my two cents.

Also Gardenman, you brought back memories about that "Dream House".  I remember that house and it would have been perfect.

Honored Contributor

@GRANNY77 

Yeah, the old "If I Can Dream" house would be perfect. The "Home and Family" house also would make sense. There are options.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!