Honored Contributor

08/10/2022 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Not a lot new to report. Daniel is still heading home tomorrow. Jasmine and Terrance are still convinced they have the votes to save him. (They don't.) Kyle and Alyssa have heated up again and spent some tent time under the blankies together. (If either one wins HOH this week expect things to get more heated behind the locked door in the HOH room.)

Brittany's had another of her "I'm so alone in this house with just eleven other people" moments. She misses her husband and her outside life. Taylor and Joe have a fauxmance going on where they can get together to talk strategy but nothing romantic seems to be there. Everyone's healing up from the OTEV massacre. Brittany's stitches will be taken out soon. Brittany and Turner seemed to take the worst of OTEV with Turner injuring a knee and Brittany needing stitches for a cut. Everyone got at least a little dinged though.

Everyone assumes it'll be an endurance comp on Thursday, and they're probably right. They're assuming the wall comp and that could be right also. Who would win the wall comp? It typically favors the shorter, smaller, wirier players. I would think Turner would do well. Jasmine and Terrance would be the most likely to fall first, followed closely by Brittany and Indy. Joseph says the wall will fall before he does, but the big, strong, muscular guys burn more energy hanging onto the wall than the littler players and tend to fall early. Monte, Turner, Taylor, and Alyssa would be my top bets to hang on the wall the longest. Turner would be my pick to win.

The house targets going forward are largely Terrance, Jasmine, and Monte, though if Michael is able to be backdoored, I'm pretty sure everyone will have him in mind. Turner continues to do everything possible to annoy Jasmine. Not the smartest strategy on his part. While she's unlikely to win an endurance comp, she has won one HOH already and could win another, and making yourself a target is seldom a good idea.

We have a show tonight! On tonight's show, we'll see the OTEV massacre take place. We'll see the walking wounded limp back into the house afterward and Daniel and Kyle end up on the block. Michael used the "build a stockpile of names" trick for OTEV where he collected extra names while watching to be sure he wasn't eliminated and then had them ready for the end. We probably won't see all of the medical timeouts that were called. They'll edit those out. Then tomorrow night it'll be goodbye to Daniel time. Expect a near-unanimous vote with maybe just Terrance voting to keep Daniel. 

I would anticipate a Turner HOH win if it's the wall comp. If the Festie Besties twist is still going on he'd likely nominate the guys to target Terrance. If Festie Besties has ended (please God, let it end) then Jasmine would be his clear target. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 08/10/2022 Big Brother 22 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I don't know why but I feel Michael has been HOH for a month.   After the people I like go home I usually quit watching but I catch your updates.  I cannot remember the last time I watched the finale.  I was hoping this year would be different.  Even watching the feeds their conversations are so boring.  Do they ever have meaningful conversations about anything important in world.  I watched Daniel, Jo and the girls talk about bandanas on their head for way longer than was necessary.  It seems like there have not been that many twists and this festie bestie thing has gotten so boring.  I heard Kyle talking about how it has got to ramp up soon.

I hope he is right and there will be some excitement. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, the Festie Bestie twist kind of killed the game. It put the Leftovers in total control of who stays and who goes, so the game has been on autopilot since it started. Hopefully, it ends soon, and we can get back to some more exciting gameplay.

Even when Michael hasn't been HOH, he's largely been in control by winning the four POVs. The game could use some shaking up. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Why vote out Daniel when there's an opportunity  to breakup a showmance?

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why vote out Daniel when there's an opportunity  to breakup a showmance?

Because Kyle is part of the Leftovers and they don't view him and Alyssa as a real threat to win. They're planning to vote out Alyssa in the next week or two to break that up if things go according to plan. Terrance is most likely out next, then some combo of Jasmine, Alyssa, or Indy. If Michael doesn't win HOH or POV any time, he could go soon. Keeping a big comp threat is riskier than keeping a showmance.  They'll want Michael out before he's guaranteed to play in POVs. He's winning any comp he wants to win, so the first time they get a chance to backdoor him, he'll be gone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Excuse me for asking, but what is OTEV?

Super Contributor

TUCKA....... PLEASE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE " BLAH, BLAH. BLAH " GOING ON AROUND YOU. SO VERY UNIMPORTANT ! YOUR POSTS ARE RIGHT ON AND ANYONE THAT KNOWS YOU, KNOWS YOU WOULD NEVER BE RUDE TO ANYONE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

Hi Linda! 

OTEV is Veto spelled backward. It's one of the more iconic Big Brother competitions where the players kneel in front of a giant statue--it changes yearly--at the top of a slippery ramp. OTEV (the statue) asks a question having to do with past players, competitions, ect. The players slide down the ramp into a lake of some sort of goo and search through all the printed answers to find the correct one. Then they have to climb back up the slippery ramp and present their answer to OTEV. If they are correct they are safe however the last one up the ramp is eliminated. The rounds continue until there is a winner. 

OTEV takes on a new personality each year. We've had a frog, a pig, a chipmunk, and a penguin just to name a few. I think I heard someone say this year OTEV was a roach. I guess we'll find out for sure on the show. It's a fun competition to watch! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

Hi Linda! 

OTEV is Veto spelled backward. It's one of the more iconic Big Brother competitions where the players kneel in front of a giant statue--it changes yearly--at the top of a slippery ramp. OTEV (the statue) asks a question having to do with past players, competitions, ect. The players slide down the ramp into a lake of some sort of goo and search through all the printed answers to find the correct one. Then they have to climb back up the slippery ramp and present their answer to OTEV. If they are correct they are safe however the last one up the ramp is eliminated. The rounds continue until there is a winner. 

OTEV takes on a new personality each year. We've had a frog, a pig, a chipmunk, and a penguin just to name a few. I think I heard someone say this year OTEV was a roach. I guess we'll find out for sure on the show. It's a fun competition to watch! Smiley Happy

Boy do I feel dumb.  I've been watching BB forever and didn't realize this.  Good to know!

Esteemed Contributor

@kjw 

Don't feel dumb! It's funny how some things go unnoticed until someone points it out. I didn't know what it was for a long time either until someone told me about it. What's obvious to some isn't always obvious to everyone! 

It is an iconic competition (which sounds kind of silly) and

I'm not sure why Michael, with his hoh and 3 previous veto wins, felt the need to win yet another veto competition. My theory is he's such a super fan of the game that maybe he just found the idea of winning a comp he's been waiting years to play too irresistible to pass up. Hopefully he'll talk about it on the episode.