Honored Contributor

08/04/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And it's goodbye Nicole day. I'm not a Nicole fan but she did do a good job of stirring things up and was a decent villain in the house. She knows she's a goner and plans to sulk and not watch the rest of the season once she's gone. (I guess her logic is if the star of the show is off, why watch it?)

So, with Nicole going, the next big suspense-filled moment is...nothing? Taylor will slide onto the Alyssa/Indy team and only Michael and Brittany will be at some risk should Daniel, Alyssa, Jasmine, or Indy win HOH. With a Leftover and non-Leftover on each other duo and the Leftovers having five to six votes, they control who stays and who goes. And as of now, they're content to just pick off whichever non-Leftover is on the block.

BB really needs to end the Bestie Festie twist for the game to get interesting again. Until two Leftovers can hit the block together, the game will be as boring as can be. The Leftovers don't have to win HOH or POV to stay intact. They can just nap until Thursday each week then vote out whoever the non-Leftover is. That's not good TV. It certainly doesn't make for interesting feed watching. Kill the twist tonight and things will get far more interesting.

So, we have a show tonight. We'll pick up with Daniel and Nicole celebrating their genius at outsmarting Monte and getting Taylor and Nicole on the block. We'll see more of Alyssa and Kyle smooching. (Kyle relieved some of his pent-up sexual tension in the shower recently and was observed by his fellow Leftovers doing so, much to their amusement. Kyle wasn't aware they could see him. Oops!) We'll see Nicole slowly realizing that maybe, just maybe the house wasn't voting out Taylor. Then we'll see Julie try to build suspense for the votes, only to see Nicole leave by a one-sided outcome. Nicole will come out and tell Julie how stupid the house is for getting rid of her. And then a new HOH will be crowned and if the Bestie Festie twist is kept alive, we'll see whichever non-Leftover is nominated leave next Thursday.

Seriously production, end the stupid twist now. It's not a good twist. If you have to keep it alive, shuffle the houseguests. Steal the randomizer from The Challenge and make the duos random. Do something other than just watch the steamroller slowly crush everyone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 08/04/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman 

Why would Taylor, if she has a choice slide in with Alyssia/Indy and not a Leftover team?  Those two would vote her out in a heartbeat if given the chance.

Respected Contributor

I agree that it is time for the festie bestie to go.  We need something new.  I thought yesterday that Micheal was trying to start a new alliance but maybe not.  I get lost in the conversations not knowing if what they are saying is true or just game.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@gardenman 

Why would Taylor, if she has a choice slide in with Alyssia/Indy and not a Leftover team?  Those two would vote her out in a heartbeat if given the chance.

As long as the Bestie Festie twist lasts, Alyssa and Indy can't vote her out. They'd be on the block with her if Taylor got nominated. The Leftovers would keep Taylor and out would go Indy or Alyssa. If Taylor were to join the Michael/Brittany duo, all three would be Leftovers and one would leave if nominated. That's the big issue with the twist. The Leftovers control everything as long as Michael and Brittany aren't the nominees, they can keep their alliance intact. Taylor doesn't like Alyssa/Indy and they don't like Taylor, but for the Leftovers, parking Taylor there makes the most sense. That's why this twist needs to end or be modified.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I agree that it is time for the festie bestie to go.  We need something new.  I thought yesterday that Micheal was trying to start a new alliance but maybe not.  I get lost in the conversations not knowing if what they are saying is true or just game.  

Yeah, there's a lot of maneuvering going on and it's hard to know how much is game and how much is real. Michael apparently wants a final three of himself, Brittany, and Taylor. That's not going to be easy for him to achieve as of the three, he's the one who can win comps. And because of that, he'll be a target pretty soon. If Michael's threesome could hook up with Turner and Kyle as a fivesome, things might be smoother for him.

I might not include Taylor in that final three if I was Michael. I think he thinks Taylor or Brittany wouldn't have the votes to win, and he's probably right about Brittany, but Taylor might just get the votes with most of the rabid anti-Taylor crowd going out pre-jury. 

Terrance and Jasmine seem connected, and Terrance might be connected to Daniel a little bit. If the Festie Bestie twist were to end those three could potentially do some damage as a trio. 

Kyle needs to find some allies. He doesn't want to see Monte, Joe, or Taylor in the final two with him, but getting rid of those three and keeping Alyssa (who is a target for all three of them) will require him to make a big move at some point and the longer he waits the fewer options he has. He's kind of got Turner with him and Alyssa, but Alyssa is a big target for the rest of the Leftovers now.

If the Leftovers get to the final seven intact, the Joe, Monte, Taylor trio will control the game. Seven players, an HOH, and two nominees mean those three votes control who stays and who goes. If they win HOH, they have the two votes to force a tie and the HOH to break the tie. Say Monte wins HOH and puts up Brittany and Michael. If one of them wins POV and comes down he can put up Kyle or Turner. Joe and Taylor vote to evict whoever Monte wants going, and the best that player can hope for is two votes and then Monte breaks the tie and they're gone. 

That trio (Monte, Joe, Taylor) needs to be broken up and they need to be broken up soon. If not, they control the end game. They're physical, smart, and savvy. Kyle may end up regretting not taking out Taylor this week. When you let a player survive the block week after week (Jordan in BB11 being one example) it can come back to bite you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Just my opinion, this Big Brother isn't fun, interesting or entertaining at all.  Actually, I don't care if I finish watching or not-----, but, of course I will---- lol   Hopefully, the next season will be better---again, just my opinion.  Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

Just my opinion, this Big Brother isn't fun, interesting or entertaining at all.  Actually, I don't care if I finish watching or not-----, but, of course I will---- lol   Hopefully, the next season will be better---again, just my opinion.  Anyone else?

It's not the worst season I've seen, but it's far from the best. I don't love any of the players. I think the media storm over how Taylor was treated (and compared to what many other players have gone through in the past, it was nothing) hurt the season. Taylor wasn't chased through the house by a big buffoon like Josh banging pots and pans in her face while taunting her nonstop like Jessica was treated in her season. She didn't have an ED pouring a drink on her head or harassing her nonstop like he did Jen, Dustin, Jameka, and others in his season. 

And bear in mind, Josh and ED won their seasons, and both have been invited back for All-Star seasons. ED tested positive for AIDS and couldn't compete. Josh got Covid and couldn't compete, but both had been invited back, so BB not only tolerated their abuse but rewarded them for it. And Paul, who was also a bully, got invited back and competed twice.

People talk about the micro-aggressions against Taylor. Uh, okay. You'd prefer pots and pans being banged in her face? You'd prefer people screaming at her and taunting her nonstop like we've seen in the recent past? You would think people were beating her to death with how many have reacted and she's had it pretty easy compared to what many past houseguests have experienced. 

Is everyone fawning at her feet and telling her she's the greatest player ever? No. They're not supposed to. This is a competition, not a kindergarten classroom. If you can't handle "micro-aggressions" you shouldn't be on BB. Heck, if you can't handle major aggression, you shouldn't be on BB. "She's been horribly bullied!" Seriously? Compared to past houseguests? Uh, no. 

And compared to how social media is treating Jasmine now, Taylor has come off very well. Many on social media insist that Jasmine totally faked her injury. They think she's milking it. Even many in the house say that. Turner being one of her biggest critics in the house. It's a grade three sprain with totally torn ligaments. That's a three to six-month injury for anyone. Even a professional athlete will need three to six months to recover from a grade three sprain. Watch the video of her injury. You can see the top of her right foot and the bottom of her left foot at the same time. That's a lot of rotation and a very bad injury. It's on the freaking video. You can see it, but people who don't like Jasmine insist she's fine and just milking it. Where's the outrage when Turner and the others say that? Isn't that a micro-aggression? Should he be kicked off the show for bullying her by insisting she's milking her injury? 

They just need to cast good players and let them play. End the twists that favor one side or the other. (The Leftovers are in a can't lose situation right now. They can sleep all week and know they're safe.) So far, this has not been a great cast or a great season. But, maybe it will get better. It's certainly not the best season we've ever seen. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

While I've always disliked ED that was another time and today he would never get to the end let alone be allowed to stay in the house. Jenn destroyed ED's cigarettes and, honestly, it's not too smart to mess with someone's addiction. Neither of them would have been allowed to continue in the game if it happened today. 

Josh was also a bully, but he was bully to other bullies. Does that make it okay? No, but Cody and Jessica gave as good as they got. Cody was emotionally ignorant and a nasty person to many of the players making transphobic remarks with Jason while Jessica enjoyed insulting Dominique by calling her Da'Vonne because, sure, don't all black people look alike? They all screamed, mocked, insulted, and threatened each other. The bullying was a lot and went too far but was two-sided. Cody, ED, Jessica, and Josh were all guilty and comparing them to Taylor, who has nothing wrong to anyone in the house, is ridiculous. 

We shouldn't be looking at bad behavior from the past to excuse current bad behavior. If my neighbor screams at his second wife once a day do I think she should be grateful because he screamed at his first wife three times a day? Of course not.

People talk about microaggressions because they are a form of racism and racism is no longer tolerated in our society by decent people. When asked would I rather a bully bang a pot in another bully's face or would I rather a woman who did absolutely nothing to anyone be subjected to racist comments behind her back my answer is--how about neither. Seriously, did you say if you can't handle microagressions you shouldn't be on Big Brother? How about all forms of racism should not be allowed on Big Brother. 

As for Jasmine and her three to six month injury that's quite a stretch. Big Brother finally had to tell her to get off the scooter, put the cane away, and stop ordering the other houseguests to do her bidding. I hardly think they'd do that if the injury is what you describe. Btw, Jasmine has suddenly been healed and  has discovered she can walk again. Hallelujah, it must be a Big Brother miracle! 

Honored Contributor

There people we like and others we don't. We don't have to justify, give reasons, list grievances. All of us are free to feel whatever way we feel. Personally, I don't like attention seekers, show offs, pranksters, and cryers, another form of attention seeking. They annoy me so I avoid them. I have no doubt there are those who dislike me, and I can't say I care as long as they avoid me.

Super Contributor

Occasionalrain You manage to keep everything short and to the point and you are usually right without going into a massive to-do just to read back your words.