Honored Contributor

07/19/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And a new day dawns in Frenchie's Fun House, er...the Big Brother house. Enjoy him while you can people, for Frenchie's time in the house is winding down. Those evil villainous houseguests are using any little excuse possible to vilify poor old Frenchie. Sure, he lied to them all and nominated three people he'd told were absolutely safe. Sure he created absolute chaos as HOH. Sure, he orchestrated two rogue votes that he tried to pin on innocent houseguests. Sure, he was an overbearing moron as HOH. But is that any reason to get rid of him? (Well, yeah. Apparently, it is)

Frenchie still occasionally talks of just walking away from the game only to get called to the DR to be reminded of the consequences. (Loss of any pay from BB. Required to compensate BB for the cost of preshow testing, housing, flights, sequester, etc. And BB still controls his media access including on social media for a full year, so he can't even tell the world how his evil castmates did him wrong.) After his DR chats, he comes back refreshed and ready to endure the agony of being in the house until Thursday when he'll get to go out and tell Julie how stupid the house was for getting rid of him.

Britini is still convinced everyone hates her and that she's in grave danger. Uh, no. As long as Frenchie is opposite her, Britini is the world's safest pawn. And it's not even close. The risk to Britini is insanely remote. 

Frenchie desperately hopes there will be an envelope on the DR chair each time he gets called in for a DR telling him America has saved him. If I was in the DR I'd put an envelope there, only inside have a screenshot of the various online popularity polls showing him in the last place on all of them. It would be hilarious to watch his face light up seeing the envelope and then get crushed realizing he's not the star of BB 23. That's probably too cruel of a thing to do to even Frenchie, but it would be funny.

Today we have the long-awaited POV ceremony where Britini (who's really getting on my nerves) will give an impassioned speech begging the house to keep her while Frenchie will remind them that the show, the whole series, the network, and the American people, even the whole world, all depend on him staying on the show. And neither speech will matter. Derek X will pocket the POV and the house will be on cruise control until Thursday. 

Derek F is taking Frenchie's nomination very hard. He's even gotten off his bed a couple of times to move since Frenchie got nominated. Who knew he could do that? Derek F is hoping the next HOH comp is a physical comp like the wall comp so he can avenge Frenchie's death. (He apparently isn't aware that you can't lie down on the wall comp.) I don't see Derek F being an especially big threat in the wall comp. Well, maybe to the structural integrity of the wall, but not to win the comp.

So, with Frenchie all but gone the house is now seeking out new targets (Brent and Whitney primarily) and there's a very good chance that Sarah Beth will win whatever the HOH is on Thursday as everyone wants her to be the one to nominate those two. Pretty much everyone but Brent has agreed to throw the HOH to Sarah Beth if possible. Even the team concept isn't helping them as their teammate Derek X has agreed to throw the comp to Sarah Beth so his two teammates (Brent and Whitney) can be the nominees. 

I'm liking this cast a lot. Tiffany, Claire, Sarah Beth are all good solid BB players who know what they're doing. Azah is growing into the role. Derek X is learning how to play as things go along. (By the way, Tiffany and Xavier are also both good pool players. Arguably among the best we've seen in BB.) I like all of them. Britini is getting on my nerves with her nonstop overly theatrical style. I'd probably like Hannah, I don't dislike her, but I almost never see her. She's playing the "blend into the background and let everyone forget you're here" style of game. And she's doing it well. It's pretty easy to forget she's even there until she wanders by. "Wait? Who was that? Where did she come from? And she's gone."

Alyssa doesn't vibe with the girls and her and Whitney are probably not long for the game, but Alyssa could and likely will, make the jury as she's not a primary target right now. Derek F is a waste of space. He's done nothing other than act as Frenchie's lapdog. I like Kyland and Xavier. Christian and Brent are more suited to Love Island than BB and both are likely going to be out of the house in time to see the season finale of Love Island.

Barring a sudden flippity-floppity, Frenchie, Brent, Whitney, Derek F, Christian, Britini, and Alyssa are more or less queued up for eviction in the coming weeks. Tiffany, Claire, and Sarah Beth are more or less guiding things right now. Tiffany is a bit more open about her role which could make her a bigger target in the not too distant future should the wrong houseguest win HOH. I don't see Claire, Sarah Beth, Xavier, or Tiffany being especially large targets for now, to a large extent thanks to Frenchie. If one of Frenchie's former allies stumbles into power they're more likely to target Derek X who Frenchie wanted to go, and Kyland who nominated Frenchie for eviction. "We will avenge Frenchie's death!" (By targeting those who played a fairly minimal role in it. Yeah, Works every time.)

So, we have the POV ceremony today. Don't expect anything to change there. Then the house will be on cruise control as Frenchie desperately hopes for America to save him. If Julie is feeling devilish on Thursday night she'll read off the votes and then do her "By a vote of whatever to whatever Britini....you are safe, and Frenchie you've been evicted," giving Frenchie a moment of hope only to have it crushed.

Frenchie has talked of doing a quick exit like some former houseguests where they just storm out without hugging or shaking hands. We'll have to see how gracefully he handles his exit. I'm guessing he won't handle it very gracefully. Watching his return to the social media platforms where he always insisted everyone on BB was idiots and he'd do so much better given the chance, should be interesting. He's going to be taking quite a bit of heat for his play. He will be remembered though. He's set a new level of bad play as a BB superfan. Winning that first HOH should let you set yourself up for the future. Instead, he destroyed his future in the game and made himself an object of ridicule. Oh well, those things happen. 

The rest of the week until Thursday should be pretty quiet. Everyone's getting along pretty well and there's a general consensus on what needs to be done going forward. (Get rid of the bigger threats like Brent, Christian, Whitney, etc.) Depending on who wins HOH on Thursday, everything could change, but for now things look to be pretty calm in the old BB 23 house.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 07/19/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Great recap, @gardenman   This scenario is actually what I had hoped for!!  Too bad it didn't happen last year with Cody.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

🤣🤣🤣Thanks for the laugh. The part about Big D cracked me up! Have we ever had such a slug?
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @gardenman  I look forward to your recaps every day

Honored Contributor

@KKali wrote:
🤣🤣🤣Thanks for the laugh. The part about Big D cracked me up! Have we ever had such a slug?

About the only time I ever see Derek F moving is when he goes back and forth to the kitchen. I don't see an endurance comp being his strong suit. He is a bit on the sluggish side of things.

If there is a wall comp this week watching Derek F and Britini will be the highlights. I would expect Derek F to be the first off. He'll likely not be overly theatrical when he falls. Britini on the other hand will likely attempt to outdo Jessica's fall from the wall in BB21. That blood-curdling scream as she fell three feet to the heavily padded surface was an all-time classic moment. Britini's flair for drama will no doubt have her attempting to outdo Jessica's fall. It'll be a challenge as there's a very narrow window in which to scream as you're falling.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

OMG, after Frenchie goes, Brittni needs to go!  I found her annoying from the beginning, but thought it was just the initial excitement of the game.

Now, her aggressive anger at being on the block (and not even the target) is a red flag - not the way to play her social game.

There are lots of life and social lessons in this game - the reason I enjoy it.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

Frenchie thinks going out against Britini will make him look like a chump while going out against an alpha male would make him look like a champ. Uh, Frenchie, how you played last week makes you look like a chump and is the reason you're leaving.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

As expected, the POV wasn't used and this is now "Goodbye Frenchie Week". Kyland is now doing team meetings and is currently meeting with team Aces which is nice as it forces Hannah to appear.  One of the rare times she emerges from the shadows.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

In one of those "Ewwww!!!" moments involving past houseguests, the Nolan twins from BB17 are now reportedly, hmm...how to say this..."intimately entertaining one another" on their Only Fans page. Uh, yeah. Thanks, but no. I'm very happy they were never favorites of mine. 

Back in the current house, Kyland is now chatting up the King's team. He's chatting up the teams to try and get safety going forward. The Aces, Queens, and King's are on board. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman - YAY!  Love your recap and comments on the game.  If only someone could put an envelope for Frenchie in the DR saying Bye Bye it would be a riot.  It won't happen of course but it would be funny. Wonder how the house will ever get along without the (strategic - NOT) Frenchie.  Better is my guess!