Honored Contributor

07/15/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

When last we left the house, the Backstage comp had been repurposed as the first stage of the HOH comp. Michael, Taylor, Joe, Ameerah, Jasmine, Kyle, and Monte won their races and qualified for stage two of the comp that took place later. (Stage two was to be the original HOH comp for everyone.) Jasmine fell exiting the former Backstage comp and badly twisted her ankle. (She's now on crutches with an ankle brace on.)

So, with half the house eliminated we moved on to stage two, which would have been the full HOH comp had Paloma not gone bye-bye. (Still no official word on if she walked voluntarily or was booted by BB for mental health concerns. More likely the second, but we'll see.) We know it would have been the full HOH comp as they had places set up for everyone but Daniel and the evictee. 

The HOH comp was a pie-eating comp of some sort and Jasmine managed to eke out the win despite having an injured ankle. Kudos to Jasmine for that. (Bear in mind at least half of those competing didn't want to win, so there's that.) So, Jasmine is now the HOH, and she plans to backdoor, you guessed it, Taylor, this week. (It worked so well last week, so why not try it again?) She's likely to nominate two guys and assure them they're not the targets but then plan to backdoor Taylor. If Pooch is one of the pawns, there's already a plan in place by some to keep Taylor and boot Pooch when they get the chance.

By the way, the house would have likely been this same composition had Paloma not gone bye-bye. Given how the Backstage comp was configured it would have likely been Paloma and Taylor going head-to-head in the Backstage racing comp and Taylor would have likely won as taller, longer-legged runners had a big edge and she did very well in her race. So, Paloma getting the boot really didn't affect things all that much.

What happens now? Tonight, we get the nominations. Jasmine will be seen by a doc at some point to evaluate her ankle and will likely leave the house for some imaging to determine the extent of her injury. (One of their medics likely saw her last night and gave her the brace and crutches.) In one of the videos of the fall, you can see the bottom of her left shoe and the top of her right shoe at the same time, so she rolled that ankle a lot. It's very possible she could require surgery to fix it. We've had Christmas leave the show for foot surgery before and return, so we could see something similar for Jasmine. If that's the case, she may opt not to return to the show. She may be able to heal on her own though, so we'll have to see. As HOH it complicates things a bit if she is forced to leave for a day or two. The HOH has kind of a big role in the game.

BB may need to have both an HOH and a deputy HOH ready to take over should the HOH be unable to finish their role given the way this season is going. We're eight days in and potentially down three of the original houseguests (Marvin (replaced by Joe,) Paloma given the boot, and possibly now Jasmine out with a bad ankle.) Tomorrow's POV comp may require a stand-in for Jasmine as she's unlikely to be able to compete in a typical POV comp. They've done that before with houseguests with injuries.

So, things should be pretty calm today. Taylor's not helping herself by commenting that the HOH comp was a random, pure chance comp after Jasmine won it. Jasmine's very happy to be HOH and there's Taylor saying it was all just luck. Taylor's game instincts are horrible. You compliment the winner. Tell them they were incredible, and you could never do what they did. They were amazing, etc. You don't stand there and say, "It was all just luck." Then Taylor left the HOH room reveal first to go take a shower while everyone else hung around to ooh and ahh over Jasmine's photos and stuff. 

Taylor's game instincts may be among the worst we've seen in BB. You suck it up and play the compliment game. Ooh and ahh over their photos and stuff. Say they're the best HOH the game has ever seen and how much you admire them. Offer suggestions on who to put up (anyone but you) and try to ingratiate yourself with the HOH. You don't say they only won by random chance and then walk out first letting everyone else conspire behind your back. No. Bad game instincts by Taylor. She's really setting herself up for a quick exit. 

So, the feeds are finally back after a 24-hour blackout due to Paloma's exit. We'll likely see Jasmine leave the house today for some imaging studies. (X-rays or an MRI.) She'll see a doc at some point for a more thorough evaluation. Then at some point tonight we'll have the nominations. Tomorrow the POV comp where the house will just be hoping Taylor's name doesn't get drawn. Then we'll be on cruise control until next Thursday when they try to boot Taylor yet again. If she ever comes up for a vote, it's likely to be unanimous to evict her. If we lose Jasmine to the ankle injury though Taylor could slide by another week. She could eventually default into winning BB by simply surviving while everyone else gets injured or has a breakdown. It's that kind of a year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: 07/15/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I forgot to mention the Have Nots. Last week's Have Nots got to pick this week's. Monte picked Pooch. Joseph picked Nicole. Michael picked Terrance. And Kyle picked Daniel. 

Daniel also told his final two partner Nicole about the guy's alliance and Nicole has been asked to take Paloma's place in another alliance. 

Nicole has been the house chef so far, so her being a Have Not might not have been the best pick by Joseph. We could have a lot of hungry hamsters by this time next week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't  think Taylor is there to win, but to showcase herself. The modeling of her sparkle costumes, the posing, and the emotional crying...is all an audition for bigger things. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Jasmine might have to stay in her HOH room all this week.  How is she going to manage those steps up and down?  I guess this is going to be another Christmas season.  I hope they saved her little scooter.

Honored Contributor

Jasmine's up and not looking good. Her ankle is totally non weight-bearing at this moment. She's in the hippity hoppy stage of crutch using. She's likely never used them before. She's off to the DR now, likely for a quick look by the studio nurse, then off for some imaging and a visit to an ortho doc/ER. Crutches aren't bad if you're used to them. Jasmine is clearly not used to them. Alyssa, Michael, and Terrance are helping her. For a minor sprain, an ankle would be able to weightbear at twelve hours. This looks more severe than a minor sprain. It looked bad when she hurt it and the lack of early improvement is ominous.

We've never lost an HOH before, so this could open up a whole new issue for BB if she can't continue. At the very least she'll emerge in a walking boot to stabilize things and hopefully get her walking again. She's not good on crutches and given the stairs in the house, she could injure herself more if they make her use them. I don't think we'll see her for a while unless they let her change clothes before shipping her out for tests. She'll likely be out for three or four hours for scans, testing, and evaluation. Depending on what the tests show, she could be gone longer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Jasmine stayed in the house, but was told it would be two weeks before she could use her ankle. She's planning to nominate Pooch and Taylor (more or less.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Taylor and Pooch are the nominees and Jasmine has a stroller now for her ankle. The plan is to get rid of Pooch for now, but Taylor's far from safe.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Gardenman,why don't they like Pooch? I don't get the feeds so  what has he done?I say get rid of Taylor, I don't care for her since the first night, her attitude and how she is playing, and to bad i have to mention this ,it has nothing to do with race.tucka.

Honored Contributor

@tucka wrote:

Gardenman,why don't they like Pooch? I don't get the feeds so  what has he done?I say get rid of Taylor, I don't care for her since the first night, her attitude and how she is playing, and to bad i have to mention this ,it has nothing to do with race.tucka.

Pooch is an acquired taste, and they haven't acquired the taste. They all know he's closely linked to Turner. (Who they're not overly fond of also.) So, getting rid of Pooch breaks up a duo in the house. Pooch thinks he's running the show. He volunteered to go on the block opposite Taylor. He almost demanded to go on the block opposite Taylor. He likes to lie on top of other houseguests. He's a bit overly touchy-feely. Having lost Paloma, the girls want a guy out this week to even things up a bit, and when one jumps up and waves his arms and shouts, "Vote me out!" (which is more or less what Pooch has done, though not intentionally) they'll say, "Okay then. Bye." 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!