Honored Contributor

07/14/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And Paloma's meltdown is now complete, and she's gone! The feeds have been down for eight plus hours as I write this, and Paloma is now out of the game according to multiple sources. There's uncertainty as to whether she walked on her own or was removed for medical/mental health reasons, but she's out of there. 

She'd been struggling for a bit and as I wrote the other day, she appeared to have been the houseguest this year who failed the psych test but was put on the show anyway. (I think it was ED who said he failed the psych test three or four times, but they put him on the show anyway.) BB tends to prefer some characters who aren't mentally sound and can't pass the psych tests. It makes for better TV. Paloma was obviously struggling the last few days though and was spending a lot of time in the DR.

We'll find out what happened later tonight on the live show. I wasn't expecting much in the way of live feeds today before Paloma's exit, but we'll get even less now. For the first live show, they black us out a lot as they have multiple rehearsals and walkthroughs to be sure that everyone knows what to do. With Paloma going bye-bye, we'll likely not get any live feeds today.

The show is said to be still following the planned path for tonight, but with one fewer Backstage girl to compete. Which if speculation is right, could be very bad news for Alyssa. Brittany was reportedly the early leader in fan votes and likely to win safety which now leaves just Alyssa left among the three Backstage girls. She's likely to be competing against Taylor and Terrance in some manner to stay in the game. Alyssa was probably going to be safe tonight and now is almost certainly in some jeopardy.

In an odd twist, and maybe a sign of what's to come, the interviews with the evicted houseguest are now scheduled for Tuesday of next week instead of tomorrow. It's odd for CBS to keep the houseguests hanging around for that long after being evicted unless they're planning to reinsert them or there's some other reason. The evicted houseguests are usually anxious to get back home and holding them hostage for five or six more days seems odd. (And it costs CBS money that they wouldn't have to spend if they did the interviews on Friday, and CBS doesn't like to spend money they don't have to.) We'll have to see what happens there. Whoever leaves tonight may not be gone. 

Brittany, our hypnotherapist led the house (most of them anyway, Paloma, Ameerah, and Jasmine opted out) in a relaxation session where she used her hypnotherapy skills to convince them to relax. The living room looked like a crime scene with bodies lying everywhere, but the houseguests were more relaxed afterward and thanked Brittany. Turner fell asleep during the session, proving how relaxed he was. We don't think she's still told anyone she's a hypnotherapist and not a toy tester, but they went along with her anyway. 

Taylor spent the day asking for votes and getting less than reassuring answers. If she's still on the block it should be a unanimous vote to evict tonight. Terrance should be safe no matter what. Taylor is hoping she ends up against Brittany and thinks she might get the votes to stay then. Eh, it's possible but unlikely. Taylor told Terrance the only reason she came on the show was because of the Cookout last year and hoped for something similar this year and was disappointed to find them both on the block.

And we have a show tonight! They're frantically editing footage as I type this to try and help explain what the heck happened with Paloma and to explain her departure. BB is a quickly edited show in the best of times and losing a houseguest unexpectedly 24 hours before the live show takes the normal frantic pace of editing and accelerates it even more. "Survivor" takes six months to edit. BB gets just a day or two to edit things together. Just keeping track of all of the footage they have from the nearly one hundred cameras and finding the right footage at the right time is not the easiest thing to do. Most shows don't film with a hundred cameras, so they've got a lot more stuff to go through to find what they want than other shows.

On tonight's show, we'll see Julie trying to remember the names of the various houseguests. We'll see the aftermath of the POV meeting. They'll try to explain what happened to Paloma in some manner. (As much as they can. If she was removed for medical/mental health issues, there are limits on what they can say. "She's gone!" could be all we get.) We'll find out what the Backstage nonsense was all about. We'll likely see a competition of some sort for the unsafe Backstage girl (likely Alyssa) to stay safe or be evicted. We'll have to see what happens. It should be interesting. The show will then end with the HOH comp.

It's been a long lockdown with lots of noise outside as they built the set for the HOH comp so we could get an early endurance comp. Whatever the comp is it took a long time to slap together. We'll have to see if there's another Backstage Boss. If so, his/her decision on who to take backstage gets more interesting. Protecting three people from being nominated lets you protect the core of your alliance, but also helps expose that you have an alliance with those people. If you don't protect them, the alliance members left exposed won't be happy. Week one was easy for Pooch. He could name anyone for any reason. From here on out, it gets trickier. We'll have to see if that continues.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: 07/14/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Paloma reminds me of Lea on The Good Doctor. 

Contributor

And Daniel reminds me of Leonard on The Big Bang Theory.  

Honored Contributor

It's not the best season for the BB casting team. First, they cast Marvin without knowing he's on three other reality shows. (He lied and told them he wasn't, and they didn't fact-check him. Oops!) They had to pull Marvin and find a replacement at the last minute. Now they have Paloma heading off for whatever reason a week into the season. At this pace, Julie may be the only one left by the first of September.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It sounds like a new twist will start tonight where the houseguests will be paired up and play as duos. (Borrowing from CBS's The Challenge?) Random pairing would be interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Taylor didn't say she came on the game because of the Cookout hoping something similar would happen, she said she knew about the game because of the Cookout and wasn't going to let herself or Terrance be voted out this week to which Terrance replied he didn't want that either. I think that's wishful thinking on her part as she's likely going home tonight.

The only redeeming quality this game has had thus far is that Paloma was the first to go...which is sad because I'm usually fully invested by this point. The feeds last year were so fun--a little too fun as I was getting little sleep from staying up way too late watching. This year? Well, let's just say I'm very well rested and leave it at that.

Luckily for us we still have G'man's updates to look forward to each morning (thank you @gardenman !), and Rob's channel has been on fire as well. Who knows, maybe the season will pick up eventually.

Honored Contributor

If they do the rumored duo twist tonight, that will liven things up. We have a lot of self-chosen duos now (Daniel/Nicole, Pooch/Turner, Michael/Brittany, etc.) and if those duos are broken up and grouped with someone else, things could get pretty interesting. Do you still try to work with your chosen partner or switch over to the new partner?

Paloma made interesting feeds. She got a little overly frantic after a bit though. She made a good villain. Who will fill the villain role now? Monte? Turner? Pooch? Who?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Have missed your comments, hope you're back.  I'm not thrilled with the season so far. If it wasn't for @gardenman I wouldn't have a clue what's going on.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@SusieQ_2 

Have missed your comments, hope you're back.  I'm not thrilled with the season so far. If it wasn't for @gardenman I wouldn't have a clue what's going on.  

Thanks @mspatmac , I'm here but, like you, haven't been too happy with this season. Yes, Gardenman's updates and some of the other recaps and updates I listen to are what have kept me going with it.

I'm hoping this is just a slow start and things start to pick up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

If they do the rumored duo twist tonight, that will liven things up. We have a lot of self-chosen duos now (Daniel/Nicole, Pooch/Turner, Michael/Brittany, etc.) and if those duos are broken up and grouped with someone else, things could get pretty interesting. Do you still try to work with your chosen partner or switch over to the new partner?

Paloma made interesting feeds. She got a little overly frantic after a bit though. She made a good villain. Who will fill the villain role now? Monte? Turner? Pooch? Who?

The duo twist could be fun. Putting them in random couples would make it most interesting. 

When I said the best thing this season was Paloma leaving I had forgotten that BB24 is what got me to watch The Challenge for the very first time when it aired right after the premiere. I never watched it before but when I saw all the BB and Survivor players during the commercial I thought it sounded like fun and I've really enjoyed it. I was so mad when they broke up the original partners because Tyson and Angela were a dream team. Darn you CBS!!! Still, Tyson is killing it and I hope he keeps it up. Same for Angela. 

Back to BB and villain prediction, I think there are a lot of candidates for the villain spot this season. While the biggest villain, imo, is reportedly gone I could see Monte as a bit of a villain since he had no problem lying about what Taylor told him. Unless some of that was a misunderstanding (?) but that's pretty unlikely. 

Anyway, I'm not giving up on the season yet. As a fan of the show t's just not in my nature but they sure aren't making it easy. Here's to hoping for a fun show tonight!