Regular Contributor

Re: 07/11/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

[ Edited ]

Paloma has some issues, and she talks waaaaayyyyy too much. She needs to zip it before she gives away the girls' alliance.  I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.  She's one of those girls who will act like she's your best friend, then turn around and stab you in the back.  The Sunday night show seemed like it was all about her.  What's up with that?

I think Daniel is a goofball. His reasons for nominations were so weak. I hate it when they use the excuse "We've never talked in the house."  Michael said he tried to talk to Daniel many times, and it's true.  The fool should be trargeting the big strong guys.  They always go much further in the game. 

Right now I am liking Jasmine and Terrance.  I think some of the others are really going to get obnoxious this summer, lol!

Honored Contributor

No matter if they are obnoxious, they can't be any worse or as boring as last season. I like Joseph and Terrance is good too. All that posing that Taylor does is off putting.

Honored Contributor

"As for Taylor, she was ostracized from day one. She has been treated as a pariah for no other reason than she's a beautiful, confident young woman who didn't act like a 13 yr old as several of the others did and that made her an easy target. She wasn't unfriendly, standoffish, or condescending (all of which she's been accused of). "

Eh, it's a bit more complicated than that. Taylor started posing and model-walking very early on, even when walking to her spot in the first part of the HOH comp. Normal people don't do that. They just hurry to their assigned spot and stand there. Taylor made moving to her spot a performance. The others saw that, and they've seen her performing on a regular basis in the house since then. 

Regarding her beauty. I wouldn't put Taylor in the top half of the prettiest girls on this season of BB. They don't hate her because she's beautiful, but because of how she acts. The posing on a frequent basis gets tiresome in a hurry. The leg kicks as she dismounts from a pose and her other theatrics wear thin quickly. She's performing much the time instead of just being Taylor. 

As a longtime observer of beautiful women, I would rank Taylor with Nicole and Britanny in this group of houseguests. Ameerah may be the prettiest of them all. (At least externally.) Alyssa is just a step behind her. Jasmine's very pretty. Indy and Paloma might be next, then the trio of Nicole (her hair doesn't help her any,) Taylor, and Brittany. (Brittany might be the prettiest of those three.) It's a very pretty female cast this year. Taylor's not the prettiest, by any means, (At least in my eyes.) Taylor doesn't have the best nose and her tooth overlays look ill-fitting and Chicklet-like. She's not ugly, but I wouldn't call her beautiful.

It's easy to say they hate Taylor because she's confident and beautiful, and they're jealous of her, but most of the hate comes from how she acts in the house. She made no real attempt to bond with the other women. She's hung out almost exclusively with the guys. She performs on a regular basis. While the others just walk places, Taylor struts. While the others sit or play pool, Taylor poses. Taylor is very pageantry or theatrical and it annoys the rest of them. 

Is that a reason to vote her out? It doesn't take much to be a reason to vote someone out. Most houseguests are fine with anyone going as long as it's not them. Did Taylor do anything wrong? It depends on how you define wrong. She didn't break any laws, insult anyone, or do anything too extreme. It's just the performances, strutting, and posing that wears thin on people in a hurry.

Had she just come in without the theatrics and even invented a past, not talking of being Miss Michigan, she would have been wiser. Claim to be a schoolteacher, student, etc. and just walk and act "normal" and she likely wouldn't have been a target at all.  She hasn't tried to blend in and has tried to stand out and when you stand out, you paint a target on yourself. 

People say it's racism, jealousy, etc., but Taylor is her own worst enemy in the BB house. She's given them no reason not to vote her out. What does she contribute to the house? Is she the cook? Does she clean? Is she fun to be around? Is she in your alliance? Is she likable? Has she bonded with anyone? Is she a great strategist guiding your team? Is she a physical help to you in future comps? Eh, no. So why keep her? That's the big question. Why keep Taylor? How does it benefit anyone in the house to keep her? If no one wants to keep her, it makes her an easy first target. And frankly, no one wants to keep her. It's not like the house loves Terrance, they just like him more than Taylor.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"It's easy to say they hate Taylor because she's confident and beautiful, and they're jealous of her, but most of the hate comes from how she acts in the house. She made no real attempt to bond with the other women." @gardenman 

Lol, yes it is easy to say because it's true. She did attempt to bond with the other women but it proved a bit difficult when they all left the room every time she entered. It's no wonder she attempted to hang out with the guys since the only alternative would have been to sit in a room alone. She even brought it up to the other women and of course that gave Paloma exactly what she needed to make it all about herself regaling the tragic tale of how she had taken an hour long shower the day before, waited and waited for someone to come find her, but no one did. Smiley Sad

I mean, can you even imagine how traumatic that must have been for her? Oh, the humanity! 

It so clear what's been going on that if I didn't know better, G'man, I would have thought parts of your comment were a parody on what's actually been happening in the house. After reading your observations of the physical aspects of the BB24 women, rather than deferring to your longtime experience, I'll just mention that we all know what they say about opinions and leave it at that other than to say I hope we're all aware that even attractive women can be jealous of other women. 

I had to laugh at the last sentence "It's not like the house loves Terrance, they just like him more than Taylor," considering I just watched a clip of Paloma confusing Monte and Terrance. She didn't even know who was who and she had spent quite a bit of time talking with them. I guess you're right about not loving Terrance especially when it comes to Paloma--she couldn't even pick him out of a lineup! 

As mentioned earlier, it just goes to show everyone has an opinion. Whether we agree or disagree, I always enjoy reading what each of us brings to the table as it's always interesting food for thought.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Waiting for the daily update this morning from Taran--who did a hilariously excellent imitation of Paloma--I saw a lot of BB24 updater's vids in my recommendations. They're all new to me but I watched a few for fun and here are a couple of links to some that were pretty entertaining. 

For those who don't click on links I'll also give a description of how you can find them on Youtube.

The first is from a creator named Joleen Lunzer and is called "Paloma Hates Taylor"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hMslmPcTU&list=WL&index=34

Next was from a guy whose channel is called "TV Talks With Tom," and although I watched a few, I think this was my favorite of his (so far).

It's called "Paloma Doesn't Want Hate At 'Voting Two Black People Out.'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sApzYCP6VY

This last one is a bit more on the serious side. The channel is  "Ky La Fro" and it's called "The Mistreatment of Taylor Hale." I really enjoyed hearing about what's happening in the house from the perspective of this young black woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sApzYCP6VY

I apologize for posting on yesterday's thread again but since this is where all the Taylor talk was happening I thought it would be most appropriate to put it here. 

Valued Contributor

@GRANNY77 

What happened with Monte was that while Paloma was making nice with him she was also plotting with others that they needed to get rid of the strong male players aka MONTE. Taylor commented to Monte to watch his back because Paloma was talking about targeting him. Monte, like an idiot, took that information back to Paloma and, naturally, she said Taylor was lying (she wasn't) and he believed her. Like I said...idiot. 

Thanks for explaining SusieQ_2, I didn't see that part with Paloma.  She is my least favorite this season and starting to wear thin with others I'm guessing.  As far as Taylor, she is a little much with the posing.  I saw her in that skimpy bathing suit playing pool with the guys and doing some backhanded moves with hitting the pool balls.  Totally unnecessary but not a reason to put her up. I say give her a chance to change and put up some of the guys like Turner, Pooch or even Joseph.  Also Gardenman, let's not judge the girls on looks.  We don't do that with the guys and has nothing to do with the game.

Honored Contributor

@GRANNY77 

Speak for yourself. I definitely rank the guys. Part of the reason I like Joseph is his exotic appearance. As to the women, I agree with G-man's assessment. I don't find Taylor beautiful, just attractive. All her posing, her revealing attire, and playing up to the men wouldn't make her popular with most women. 

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@GRANNY77 

Speak for yourself. I definitely rank the guys. Part of the reason I like Joseph is his exotic appearance. As to the women, I agree with G-man's assessment. I don't find Taylor beautiful, just attractive. All her posing, her revealing attire, and playing up to the men wouldn't make her popular with most women. 

Wow!!! I am speaking for myself.  We all can disagree around here but please keep it civil.  This is a game, remember!!  GEEZ!

Respected Contributor

@gardenman  Is this season's schedule different from past seasons? I expected that BB was on tonight and was surprised it doesn't come on until tomorrow.🤔

Honored Contributor

@GRANNY77 wrote:

@GRANNY77 wrote:

Also Gardenman, let's not judge the girls on looks.  We don't do that with the guys and has nothing to do with the game.

This is what I was disputing.